Can someone suggest a decent browser?

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited October 2011 in Tech & Games
Firefox - As much speed as a 67 Chev Impala powered by a 3.5HP lawn mower engine.

Opera - A little quicker but more bells & whistles than an ethnic tourer.

Chrome - Google! Who the fucks gonna trust those MFs?

Midori - More crashes than an asian woman driver.

Any other suggestions? :confused:

Comments

• Caramello KoalaCaramello Koala Acolyte
    edited September 2011
    You pretty much listed all of the main browsers; I use Firefox personally. Google Chrome is actually pretty fast, and some people use Safari, but I never would...
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2011
    xxxterm, dillo, konqueror, rekonq, epiphany, arora.

They all have different levels of functionality. For a non-js browser, xxxterm is pretty nifty.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited September 2011
    I use Conkeror (not Konqueror). It's meant to be keyboard-operated but you can gain basic control with the mouse if you need it.
    http://conkeror.org/
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2011
    I stick with Firefox; mainly because it's AdBlock can block YouTube and video ads :)
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions gaiz! I'll try some of them out. Chrome is pretty quick and opera is ok. But when i bleachbit my system. Chrome, FF and opera accumulate so much stuff in such a short period of time its mind boggling. :eek:
  • edited October 2011
    I've stuck with Firefox for many years, and I don't plan on ever ditching it. Losing my addons would be terrible - there's just something I love about adblock, noscript, HTTPS Everywhere, scroogle search and foxyproxy :D
  • JackJack Regular
    edited October 2011
    O OP, I forgot to mention Conkeror runs on xulrunner (Firefox runtime environment) so you can use most of the extensions you'd get with Firefox. On the other hand, you may also experience the same issues with drive footprint.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited October 2011
    I stick with Opera... And actually find it to be a lot quicker than anything else :confused:

Also links

Same. Bugs the shit out of me at how some embedded Youtube videos crash the browser every time when I go to full screen and other ones are just fine. I can't say that shit enough, I wouldn't trust Google no matter how good the browser is. Between them and Facebook selling out to the CIA (literally both companies are business partners with the CIA and have admittedly said so). I've got too much shit to worry about than my online shit coming back to haunt me or land me in the Gulag. Facebook is a straight up CIA operation and I'm fully convinced in recent years that it's a shell company. Doesn't sell or make a dime other than investors pouring money for 8 years into the thing, and somehow Zuckerberg (Jew) is worth billions? Something isn't right and no their ads don't cover their costs.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    FF 7 just came out but it broke addons so I did not use it long enough to see if the took the lead out of it's ass that 6 put in.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited October 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    Same. Bugs the shit out of me at how some embedded Youtube videos crash the browser every time when I go to full screen and other ones are just fine. I can't say that shit enough, I wouldn't trust Google no matter how good the browser is. Between them and Facebook selling out to the CIA (literally both companies are business partners with the CIA and have admittedly said so). I've got too much shit to worry about than my online shit coming back to haunt me or land me in the Gulag. Facebook is a straight up CIA operation and I'm fully convinced in recent years that it's a shell company. Doesn't sell or make a dime other than investors pouring money for 8 years into the thing, and somehow Zuckerberg (Jew) is worth billions? Something isn't right and no their ads don't cover their costs.
    Word! :(
    FF 7 just came out but it broke addons so I did not use it long enough to see if the took the lead out of it's ass that 6 put in.

What was the speed like dude? Was it more bogged down than previously. I'm running 3.6 at the moment and found it faster than the upgraded versions. I'm hoping it improved because I
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    Like I said, I didn't use it long enough to find out if the took the lead out of the ass end when I found out it broke a coupe of key addons I removed it.