Wordpress Vs Drupal

DfgDfg Admin
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.inqbation.com/wordpress-vs-drupal-vs-joomla-infrographic/

I am having second thoughts regarding Drupal. I am thinking of moving away from Drupal since it's a bitch to run and has more issues to fix. Wordpress seems a powerful yet easy alternate CMS to use. What do you think? Check the link before posting.

Comments

• SpiffSpiff Regular
    edited October 2011
    Interesting infographic. Some of that data is skewed but it really just depends on what you use it for. Depending on how you are set up and considering how small this user base is, it might be less work if you move to WordPress. That being said, All I've ever used is Drupal, DNN and Orchard...Drupal far outperforming the others in my experience.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    I like wordpress but can it do what we want it to do?

Does it have all the features we need? Drupal manages our frontpage, yes? Can we get wordpress to look like that? If yes, then go for it. It's a lot more secure, stable and fast.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011

Does it have all the features we need? Drupal manages our frontpage, yes? Can we get wordpress to look like that? If yes, then go for it. It's a lot more secure, stable and fast.

I am going to try a local server migration.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited October 2011
    I'm not quite caught up on web developing platforms as I should be, but from what I see, everyone is using Wordpress for its simplicity and flexibility, and it's quite powerful in comparisons. Drupal I've only seen used by seasoned web devs and or tech sites where they can find there way through all the shit fairly easy.
  • edited October 2011
    I've used both Wordpress and Drupal in my lifetime, and I really like both of them. However, Wordpress is an incredible platform, is very fast and easy to use. Like, stupidly easy to use. I built a website for a friend once and just shoved a bunch of Wordpress stuff together and stuck it on a host for him - he's computer illiterate and he managed to use it easily. I had to manage the backend of things though, such as updating the platform and making sure it was all secured. Not a problem for you though Dfg :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011

I am going to try a local server migration.

I would have responded earlier but my keyboard died on me and I had to walk to the store and get a replacement. Fuck you Logitech, now I am using an old Logitech Internet Keyboard 350 instead of the Navigator series.