I Cut My Dog's Bollocks Off

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited October 2011 in Life
Well, I didn't personally do it. I had the veterinarian do it for me. She wasn't happy that i just left the dog there with her but I had a dentist appointment scheduled for the same time as his snipping. I didn't want to do it but it had to be done. He was becoming slightly agressive towards some people I witnessed this on one or two occasions with my wife. What I saw was only growling but it wasn't provoked. He's never bitten anyone before bit I can't take the chance that he might. I dont want a lawsuit or for my wife to get hurt.

Now the poor guy just moaps about. He doesnt run and while he gets a little excited he doesn't jump in circles like he used to. I tell myself that this is because he is still sore and it would hurt him, hoping that he will still be playfully like he was not even 2 days ago.

I worry that he might growl without provokation again after he gets better and then I'll have to send him to behavioral school (which is what i would have preferred to do in the first place). I raised him not to be aggressive from the time he was a pup smaller than his current tail. I had never heard him growl until my wife and I moved. He stayed with relatives while we were on the road during the summer months. I remember one of them talking about teaching him to be an aggressive guard dog. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Does anyone have any tips to help train him not to be slightly aggressive? I don't want to have tobspend money on behavioral classes if he does act out again.

Comments

• MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited October 2011
    poor dog, no sack. exercise helps. walk the dog.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    If you give him some exercise, and let him get some energy out and there are no results, I'd take him back to the vet and ask if this is normal for the dog to be aggressive for so long.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    What kind of dog is he? It's my understanding different breeds react differently.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited October 2011
    He is an Australian shepherd/ boarder collie, very smart. Normally he is in monastic agressive. I didn't want to snip his weiner but my hand was forced.