Steve Jobs is dead, 56.

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Steven P. Jobs, the visionary co-founder of Apple who helped usher in the era of personal computers and then did nothing less than lead a cultural transformation in the way music, movies and mobile communications were experienced in the digital age, died Wednesday in Palo Alto, Calif.. He was 56.

Full Story Here

Sucks :( A lot of people might diss Apple, and Mac, but he was a cool guy.

Comments

• LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited October 2011
    He was an asshole. But he did do some good shit along with Apple as a whole in the technology world. I really don't feel anything except that cancers a bitch.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited October 2011
    Mactards, I ask you: WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!?!?!

In all seriousness, despite not liking most apple products, if it wasn't for quite a number of them, modern technology would not be what it is today. I tip my hat to the man and the legacy he carried.

Goodnight, Sweet Prince.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited October 2011
    Mactards, I ask you: WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!?!?!

Goodnight, Sweet Prince.
    Chilling in the iCloud.
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited October 2011
    e was an inventor and an entrepreneur. He had 317 patents and was worth an estimated $8.3 billion when he died Wednesday. i still hate apple
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    He was a cunt, Steve Wozniak was the real brains behind Apple. Jobs was just the pitchman.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    A good sales person. You will be missed Steve.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    I'm interested to see what way Apple will turn now. I'm wondering what change there will be, if any.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited October 2011
    Steve jobs will rise again in three days. Just wait for it haha
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited October 2011
    I'm interested to see what way Apple will turn now. I'm wondering what change there will be, if any.
    Why would anything change you retard? Do you actually believe he envisioned all of Apple's products? :facepalm:
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited October 2011
    He was a visionary..
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    Lethargica wrote: »
    He was a visionary..

Maybe when it came to marketing but the technical visions were much more Wozniak's then they were Job's
  • edited October 2011
    Apple will continue making products just like before, although I have no idea where Apple will be headed and who will take the place of Jobs. He was an interesting guy though, and while I don't like Apple products, I admire his huge success.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    Box wrote: »
    Why would anything change you retard? Do you actually believe he envisioned all of Apple's products? :facepalm:

I have absolutely no reply to that retarded dick comment. :facepalm:
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    One of the few things I liked about Jobs is that he truly put his entire effort into Apple. I never got the feeling that he thought "good enough" was acceptable for his customers.

Apple on the whole is a decent company, the only criticism I can level at them (that I care about) is the 'walled garden' approach they take towards software. The Chinese factories don't greatly bother me.

On the other hand I don't like the Apple retail stores. I truly think they are over-hyped and _ugly_ soulless buildings. They remind me too much of a cold, sterile hospital. Or an overly-friendly church with eerily cheerful members.

It's also true that their prices don't stack up. They have a 'competitively priced' (READ: not cheap but OK) low end device and then two more over priced models. That's not a criticism though; no one forces you to buy their wares.

In regards to Apple's future, one of the advantages Apple has had over other electronics vendors is that they weren't ruled by committee. There was one man who made all the final decisions. There was no compromise. Jobs was unique in that position because of the way he was resurrected. No one was going to challenge him again. If Apple went down, he would go with it. You can see that with Gates and MS, after Gates left - their cutthroat goals have eroded.

That's gone now but Apple will still survive for at least a decade. They can continue with iterations of the iPad/iPod/Mac for about that long. The problems they are going to face are going to surface with the new Paradigm shift. I.E. the next wave, the next tech after portable touch screens. That's when they will need Jobs' Autocratic principles the most.

In related news, I just ordered a white iPod touch and will be starting a thread when it arrives asking you how to jailbreak it. I wonder if it'll ship with iOS5