The Guide Suggestion Thread

The staff and members here at TOTSE are always welcoming new guides, how-to's and the whole 9 yards regarding the sharing of information and knowledge to the general public. For this reason, we would like you to request for some guides to be written for the rest of the site to read and enjoy.

If you have a request for a guide to be written, please post about it in this thread and hopefully someone will see to it. What I hope to end up with is a large check-list of guide ideas which someone can turn into the real thing.

Thanks for your participation and help!

- Trx100

Network (in)Security

[] How to tighten up your network security
[] How to hack into a roadsign
[] How to use John The Ripper
[] How to crack WEP keys (REDO THIS GUIDE)
[x] How to make/delete/edit accounts on a Windows box using the "net user" command
[x] How to use Ettercap for network sniffing - Network sniffing in internet cafes, ALSO USE OF SSLSTRIP
[x] How to use Cain and Abel
[x] How to use NMAP for basic port scanning
[x] Privacy 101 - Using Truecrypt
[x] Wardriving
[x] How to encrypt MSN conversations with Pidgin and OTR

Technophiles

[x] How to make a torrent
[x] How to clean out your computer

Bad Ideas

[] How to make a zip gun
[] Shoplifting techniques
[] Pickpocketing techniques
[] How to practice pickpocketing with a chair
[] How to graffiti (making stencils, etc)
[x] How to make an IED (Part 2, Part 3, Part 4)
[x] How to get high from household items
[x] How to make a bomb from household items

Other

[] How to be more impulsive
[] How to meditate/get started with meditation
[x] How to blend in
[x] Body Language

Also, as stated in another thread we also need to be targeting these areas;

Computer security and Hacking - this is an area which I believe to be very important, as it's pretty much a foundation to the future. Everything is becoming computerized. If it runs on an Operating System, it's exploitable.

* Exploiting security flaws in the large social networking sites like Facebook.
* Exploiting popular forum software.
* Hacking into computer systems from home Windows systems to large servers in businesses.

Crime

* Work on up to date methods for popular crimes.
* Shoplifting Information
* Commercial B&E information.
* Targeted vandalism information.
* New methods for defeating EAS.
* A magic bag type device that actually works
* A guide on creating homemade versions of popular Sensormatic detachers
* Vehicle destruction techniques that actually work (None of this 'KMnO4 in the gas tank' type bullshit Totse had for 15 years).

Explosives

* Guides for making useful OTC explosives.
* How to make backpack bombs.
* Detonation methods.

Drugs

Again, this is not an area which I know much about. I need some help and input in order for me to fill this section in. What you can take note of though is that drug discussion is all over the internet too. We need something different - something which would make people come to Totse instead of 420chan or other discussion forums.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Ok so the suggested guide is posted and then who ever knows about it, will make the guide or will it just be editors/mods making the guides for them?

Whoever knows about it will be able to write the guide. If I can compile everyone's suggestions into a big check-list, people can come along and check it to see if there's anything they can write about :D

Sound good?
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Sounds good
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited October 2010
    First Suggestion: I want a guide on being more impulsive.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Guide to blending in? I can do that, or chip into someone elses guide. Will write one up :)
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    First Suggestion: I want a guide on being more impulsive.

Heres how to do it. Act on your impulses without thinking:eek:
    edited October 2010
    I'm in the process of writing up the blending in guide. Will submit it and see how it goes. Feel free to add or subtract from it.

Edit - here it be. I know it's long, but feel free to dissect it and do what needs to be done in order to make it reader friendly. Open sauce writings!
  • edited November 2010
    Nice one Remade, I just updated the OP with the link and a nice little cross in the box. Thanks!
  • edited December 2010
    Bumping this, as we could use some more material on here right now.

Is there anything anyone would like to know/be able to do that hasn't been posted yet?
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    edited December 2010
    Body language? I know there's tons of information out there, but none of it seems to be compiled right.
  • edited December 2010
    Body language? I know there's tons of information out there, but none of it seems to be compiled right.

How can this be written? give some more details :)
    edited December 2010
    Just what people do to show each emotion, even when there not saying it. Maybe you could seperate it into different emotions as well. For ex. "People do this when there mad. . ."
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    ^Lie to me?
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll do a body language guide? If no one else started it yet
  • edited January 2011
    I'll do a body language guide? If no one else started it yet

Go for it dude. No one else has started (have they?). Besides, even if they have then you could combine the guides :D

Just go for it.
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited January 2011
    where should I post it at?
  • edited January 2011
    Seeing as it involves Social Norms then I suppose you could put it in "Oh the Humanities!", but I actually have no idea :D
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks a bunch bro! Now editing the OP, adding your link. Really great guide, by the way :D
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited January 2011
    So when you publish thread into a guide, can the guide be edited by editing the thread? what if theres an extra thing the writer would like to add to it?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    It's just a prefix but once it's published on the CMS the editors can update it.
    edited February 2011
    Meditation
  • edited February 2011
    Meditation

Added this to the list in my original post :thumbsup: This is definitely something I'd be willing to attempt, and a guide would be pretty good. For now, I'll just have to rely on Google :(
    edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    I just added a few more to the list. Honestly, I'm pulling ideas out of my ass here. I'm thinking "what sort of user would I want on Totse, and what would they search for to arrive here?"

Have a think, write some suggestions. This is to help our site progress and succeed, so try and get to work! :D
    edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    I've organized the checklist so that it is much more structured, and I will add other sections as more guides are suggested.
    edited February 2011
    How to use Cain and Abel. This one is mine, but I'm just thinking aloud.
  • edited February 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    How to use Cain and Abel. This one is mine, but I'm just thinking aloud.

Added to the list, thanks. I kinda want to get a load of Backtrack related hacking shit posted.
    edited February 2011
    I just wrote one on the bomb out of household items. I'll add more to it later and I plan on tackling the zip gun and a couple others for bad ideas later on/
  • edited February 2011
    I just wrote one on the bomb out of household items. I'll add more to it later and I plan on tackling the zip gun and a couple others for bad ideas later on/

That's great news bro :D Thanks for your help. Hopefully with these articles rolling in, we can create a good foundation for us to build the site on. New members will come for the content and stay for the forums, etc.

Looking forward to your new articles, and I'll update the OP with the link to the household items bomb guide.
    edited February 2011
    I just wrote another one for Bad ideas. How to get high off household items. I plan on writing the rest of the bad ideas guides soon provided nobody else gets to them first:p
    http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?p=134047#post134047
    edited February 2011
    IED complete and in 4 parts in BI.
    Also just finished my "How to make a Bug out Bag" guide in 'The Great Outdoors' forum.
  • edited February 2011
    I just wrote another one for Bad ideas. How to get high off household items. I plan on writing the rest of the bad ideas guides soon provided nobody else gets to them first:p
    http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?p=134047#post134047

Well what are you waiting for - get to it!
    RemadE wrote: »
    IED complete and in 4 parts in BI.
    Also just finished my "How to make a Bug out Bag" guide in 'The Great Outdoors' forum.

Awesome, those guides are incredible. I'll update the OP right away so we don't get confused with what has/hasn't been completed. Good job.
    edited February 2011
    I propose we get some more UK members on here.
    When I was a little 15 year old, reading how to make pipe bombs etc, it was all well and good, but most of the stuff was available in the USA only. All my fucking potato cannon plans were in USA measurements etc.

I propse we use these UK members to make UK-inclusive text guides. For example, ones that work in the UK as well as the USA, or are aimed at the UK user. A great example are these coupon threads. Great, if you live in the USA.
  • edited February 2011
    I second the idea regarding the members from the UK. How can we reach out to a specific country though? I guess there could be guides written for UK related subjects, but that's a little limited, right?

I dunno, ideas.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I second the idea regarding the members from the UK. How can we reach out to a specific country though? I guess there could be guides written for UK related subjects, but that's a little limited, right?

I dunno, ideas.

Simple solution, when you type some unit of measure make sure you post the metric equivalent to it also.

(Or just make a small note after, like this, to explain the UK variant.)
    edited April 2011
    I found a way to get free Xbox DLC, Live Games, and Games on demand here. I don't want to steal there guides though. If someone wants to re-write it, I think that would bring in a lot of new users. :hai:
    edited May 2011
    Gotta register, :sad:
    It's not bad though. Also, I want a guide for safely buying RCs off of the interwebz.
    edited June 2011
    When looking at the "How to crack WEP" one I was thinking, why not just make a Backtrack guide? Like simple text files on how to do each exploit/hack (Metasploit, WEP, WPA/2, SSLStrip, etc etc) and compile them into a volume like a cheat sheet? I could get started on the WEP/WPA ones as I tend to keep them on my phone when I am on the go.
  • edited June 2011
    You mean, create a manual on how to use every tool on Backtrack? Man that would take forever, but it's a cool idea.
  • RaggedOldManRaggedOldMan Regular
    edited August 2011
    Can someone write a guide on banner grabbing with backtrack? Its something I need to learn :)
  • edited August 2011
    Can someone write a guide on banner grabbing with backtrack? Its something I need to learn :)

Sure thing buddy, I'll give it a shot. I might actually write it using Netcat as my tool of choice, just because I haven't used that in a while.
  • tycioltyciol Acolyte
    edited October 2011
    Is there a guide on how to totally shut down a web site you hate and ruin the computers of the hosts and owners?