WHO SHITTYFIED THE BBS?!

MadHatterMadHatter Semo-Regulars
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT, IS ABOUT AN INCH TOO WIDE FOR MY SCREEN, LOADS SLOW AS FUCK, AND ISN'T TOTSE. WHO FUCKED WITH IT, CHANGE IT BACK NOW KTHNXBAI.

Comments

• jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    I guess... I don't mind it.

I liked the old theme, probably just because I was too used to it but. I'm having no trouble with loading times (and I have internet from somewhere between 1000 and 500BC) and it fits my screen fine.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited October 2011
    It looks different before I log on then changes back to the way it used to be after I'm logged in. Slow loading times in the mornings.
    edited October 2011
    Burn wrote: »
    I guess... I don't mind it.

I liked the old theme, until i turned gay.

fixed

are you fucking high???
    its the old theme if i use safari ... and this shit house godless cluster fuck child raping yuppie of a theme if i use firefox ...
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    I like you jehsi. We need more Aussies on this site. What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah, the theme. I'm running IE. It just occurred to me that this theme doesn't have the classic totse logo. Now I am disappoint.
    edited October 2011
    ShadyTroll wrote: »
    It looks different before I log on then changes back to the way it used to be after I'm logged in. Slow loading times in the mornings.
    its the middle of the night in australia ... just sayin'
    I like you jehsi. We need more Aussies on this site. What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah, the theme. I'm running IE. It just occurred to me that this theme doesn't have the classic totse logo. Now I am disappoint.

YES!! ... i'm finally making friends! ..
    i wonder why safari isnt effected and both IE and firefox are?
    has anyone else got this problem using other browsers??
  • edited October 2011
    Looks awesome to me, really nice and clean. No BS, just a plain board which is easy to read and use.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited October 2011
    i dont think its all that bad. change is a good thing
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    Hey OP, you are a mental midget. Look down at the bottom of the page. There are now several themes to choose from. Test is the theme you are whining like a little bitch about, use it and STFU.
    edited October 2011
    Moving to B&M
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    It's okay if you don't like the new theme, but this is a bad way to show it. Talk to us like an adult, not like you're 5 years old.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited October 2011
    I'll bet the kikes did it :mad:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    Ahem, I did it. After trying to fix the clusterfuck called Vbulletin (The fuckers have one update after another) I decided to assess the situation and just kick into high gear. You don't like the style, then too bad. I like it, it's clean, it's IN WORKING CONDITION, it's W3C passed, it doesn't break. It's fucking free and I don't have to worry about it, most of all, I can change things. I added a bunch of themes just in case someone liked something else. This is 2011 people, stop living in the past. We tried the Totse look thing for over a year. Time to outgrow things and move on. This is Web 2.0 and pretty soon it's going to be Web 3.0.

This &TPro is the default theme. Visitors will see this, you can change to the old theme if you like. No one is going to remove it. I don't plan too. But I am not going to sit back and try to beat a dead horse for the next year. The same goes with everything. A change is good especially if you got nothing to loose. You got a problem with the way things are going, speak up or better yet try to help out otherwise just deal with it. Since this B&M, I can have this tone here. Fuck yeah.

Gtg, I am working at the moment
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    I just changed it to the Nigger theme, didn't like it, so went to change it back to &TPro, but couldn't find the drop menu to do it. After about 3 minutes, I realised it was on the left side in this layout :facepalm:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    I just changed it to the Nigger theme, didn't like it, so went to change it back to &TPro, but couldn't find the drop menu to do it. After about 3 minutes, I realised it was on the left side in this layout :facepalm:

Only Niggers like that Nigger theme.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    So is this the default theme from now on? It works on my 1024x786 screen so :thumbsup: (The old one didn't)

I think it's a good move, we were at risk of getting too nostalgic of the past.

After all, it's not the colour scheme that makes totse what it is, right?

We may want a better logo though.
    edited October 2011
    Agreed about the logo BK get on that.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    So is this the default theme from now on? It works on my 1024x786 screen so :thumbsup: (The old one didn't)

I think it's a good move, we were at risk of getting too nostalgic of the past.

After all, it's not the colour scheme that makes totse what it is, right?

We may want a better logo though.

Got the PSD will send it to Bk.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited October 2011
    The original totse changed its look a few times as well. Have a look.
    5AWwk4JdqXHuHKBSffn8yt7xFO6SoJwFV06F.jpg
    That change clearly didn't prevent the site from growing.

Nostalgia won't make a website, content will.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    Does anyone know what the asian writing on the icons are anyway? Or even what the icons are?

• BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    Does anyone know what the asian writing on the icons are anyway? Or even what the icons are?

Just a guess, I'd say the Asian would read as 'read know do'. That'd make sense anyway.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited October 2011
    Hell yea..
  • MadHatterMadHatter Semo-Regulars
    edited October 2011
    Hey OP, you are a mental midget.

You have no idea :D
    Test is the theme you are whining like a little bitch about, use it and STFU.

" Do a particular thing, and then shut the fuck up "

Kinda makes your BS sig a tad hypocritical, yeah?
    It's okay if you don't like the new theme, but this is a bad way to show it. Talk to us like an adult, not like you're 5 years old.

My attempt at satire seems to have failed.
    Dfg wrote: »
    Ahem, I did it. After trying to fix the clusterfuck called Vbulletin (The fuckers have one update after another) I decided to assess the situation and just kick into high gear. You don't like the style, then too bad. I like it, it's clean, it's IN WORKING CONDITION, it's W3C passed, it doesn't break. It's fucking free and I don't have to worry about it, most of all, I can change things. I added a bunch of themes just in case someone liked something else. This is 2011 people, stop living in the past. We tried the Totse look thing for over a year. Time to outgrow things and move on. This is Web 2.0 and pretty soon it's going to be Web 3.0.

This &TPro is the default theme. Visitors will see this, you can change to the old theme if you like. No one is going to remove it. I don't plan too. But I am not going to sit back and try to beat a dead horse for the next year. The same goes with everything. A change is good especially if you got nothing to loose. You got a problem with the way things are going, speak up or better yet try to help out otherwise just deal with it. Since this B&M, I can have this tone here. Fuck yeah.

I don't really care if it's web 72.4.3.0 but I see your point. I was just immediately frustrated, and expressed myself in a tard manner as a form of showing it. The whole point of &t ( if it isn't, it should be ) is that it's NOT facebook, myspace, or twitter. I come here to escape, and I fuckin LOVED that it looked just like home. But, if for techie reasons that I don't understand ( never ran a BB myself ) it has to change, then so be it. Still a bit down though. Maybe having the default setting theme as the old one, and posting something in News of The Temple might be the way to go? I sound like a cunt today, and I'm not gonna justify it with reasons that are gonna sound like excuses, so yeah today I'm a cunt.
    The original totse changed its look a few times as well. Have a look.
    That change clearly didn't prevent the site from growing.

Nostalgia won't make a website, content will.

I remember people losing their shit when Jeff made the slightest change as well. And no, nostalgia doesn't make a site, but it certainly drew me back here. I went over to Zoklet for a while, it felt like there was nothing there whatsoever...

I would also appreciate it if people would stop trying to hijack my thread :P Also, at least this thread didn't get deleted. Flame away, cunts! :D

Edit: Changed it back to the old theme, done crying now.
    edited October 2011
    No, my sig is about rights. Not about whining like a little girl.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    MadHatter wrote: »
    You have no idea :D

" Do a particular thing, and then shut the fuck up "

Kinda makes your BS sig a tad hypocritical, yeah?

My attempt at satire seems to have failed.

I don't really care if it's web 72.4.3.0 but I see your point. I was just immediately frustrated, and expressed myself in a tard manner as a form of showing it. The whole point of &t ( if it isn't, it should be ) is that it's NOT facebook, myspace, or twitter. I come here to escape, and I fuckin LOVED that it looked just like home. But, if for techie reasons that I don't understand ( never ran a BB myself ) it has to change, then so be it. Still a bit down though. Maybe having the default setting theme as the old one, and posting something in News of The Temple might be the way to go? I sound like a cunt today, and I'm not gonna justify it with reasons that are gonna sound like excuses, so yeah today I'm a cunt.

I remember people losing their shit when Jeff made the slightest change as well. And no, nostalgia doesn't make a site, but it certainly drew me back here. I went over to Zoklet for a while, it felt like there was nothing there whatsoever...

I would also appreciate it if people would stop trying to hijack my thread :P Also, at least this thread didn't get deleted. Flame away, cunts! :D

Edit: Changed it back to the old theme, done crying now.

I renamed the old theme so users can use it. Again, this theme is for new users who're used to the Web 2.0 exprience and have Ipads, iphones and what not. Welcome to the future.
    edited October 2011
    I renamed the old theme so users can use it. Again, this theme is for new users who're used to the Web 2.0 exprience and have Ipads, iphones and what not. Welcome to the future.

ahhh why the fuck would you use safari on you idevice to access forums .... ????

ForumRunner

welcome to apps
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited October 2011
    ^ why the fuck would I use forum runner over my browsrr? My browser is free and works just fine. How does forum runner, which I would have to pay for, make my forum experiences any better?
    edited October 2011
    My browser is free and works just fine.

dude its like $2
    edited October 2011
    I renamed the old theme so users can use it.

You confuse the shit out of me. I edited, saying " Yay, I went down the bottom of the screen, changed the theme to --totse, and now I don't give a shit because it looks the same as it always did "
    Welcome to the future.

You mean the present, right? Unless you're messing with the laws of Physics as well? NAUGHTY!
    edited October 2011
    You confuse the shit out of me. I edited, saying " Yay, I went down the bottom of the screen, changed the theme to --totse, and now I don't give a shit because it looks the same as it always did "

You mean the present, right? Unless you're messing with the laws of Physics as well? NAUGHTY!

Laws were made to be broken....
    edited October 2011

Even in context, your response doesn't make sense.
    edited October 2011
    No, my sig is about rights. Not about whining like a little girl.

That's what I mean. Your behavior doesn't match your sig. This forum needs a fuckin whiteboard app methinks.
    edited October 2011

Laws of physics cease to be laws once they are broken....
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited October 2011
    IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT, IS ABOUT AN INCH TOO WIDE FOR MY SCREEN, LOADS SLOW AS FUCK, AND ISN'T TOTSE. WHO FUCKED WITH IT, CHANGE IT BACK NOW KTHNXBAI.

It's about an inch too wide for my screen, too. I use the old school theme.

Thanks for all the work.
    Only Niggers like that Nigger theme.

As a non-nigger, I don't like the nigger theme but am amused by the name. :o

Lol, I don't have an ipad or iphone. Desktop FTW!
    edited October 2011
    jehsiboi wrote: »
    Laws of physics cease to be laws once they are broken....

Our understanding of Physics is far to finite for us to even consider making up laws about them. But by your logic regarding laws no law is a law as all laws are broken eventually.
    edited October 2011
    Our understanding of Physics is far to finite for us to even consider making up laws about them. But by your logic regarding laws no law is a law as all laws are broken eventually.

you sound so smart..
    edited October 2011
    jehsiboi wrote: »
    you sound so smart..

It's mostly done with horseshit and gun smoke... :D
  • PhadrixPhadrix New Arrival
    edited November 2011
    Hey OP, you are a mental midget. Look down at the bottom of the page. There are now several themes to choose from. Test is the theme you are whining like a little bitch about, use it and STFU.
    Ha, I was about to bitch, then I saw this post. Now it's at least bearable...
  • edited November 2011
    When the old Totse 'upgraded' to VB I died a little inside. I still want UBB back :(
    edited November 2011
    edited November 2011
    When the old Totse 'upgraded' to VB I died a little inside. I still want UBB back :(

Useless necro bumping just caused you to die a little inside.
  • Hellz-FuryHellz-Fury Regular
    edited November 2011
    Fucking vBulletin®.