Steve Jobs' Death Spurs Turtleneck Sales

juggjugg Regular
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Although he didn't always wear turtlenecks (there are even a few neckties in his past!), Steve Jobs was famous for his black turtleneck sweaters.
So it should not come as much surprise that after the Apple co-founder's passing on Wednesday, sales for St. Croix turtlenecks, the brand Jobs favored, skyrocketed overnight.
TMZ reports that St. Croix has seen "almost 100% increase in sales" in the past 24 hours.

r-STEVE-JOBS-EDUCATION-large570.jpg

Memories

source

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Damn, that's quite an odd reason to increase sales. I'd have thought Archer would play a more pivotal role in selling turtlenecks. Unfortunately I'm not the greatest fan of Macs.

Still, I have a feeling he'll be making money after his death. Wonder what his family will do?
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    Those things are fucking ugly. So are the jeans. The turtleneck is supposed to cost ~$200.00
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    That's strange. Of all things he'd increase sales of, I didn't think it'd be those.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    We should kill Archer in six months and see if the figures increase and if so what the gain is relative to this gain. But seriously this just illustrates how little people think for themselves. I mean really? OMG, Steve jobs was cool. Steve Jobs is dead. I want to be cool like Steve Jobs so I will wear a black turtle neck and be cool like Steve Jobs.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited October 2011
    yeah they are ugly as shit. I don't like them at all. I saw about 10 guys around campus today in blue jeans and a black turtle neck. Fuck that outfit