Purchasing items that were aquired dubiously.

notapplicablenotapplicable Semo-Regulars
edited October 2011 in Man Cave
When items are stolen and then sold via craigslist or otherwise, I tend to read about the seller feeling like he is never able to get a reasonable amount for said items, or that his options for selling the item/s safely requires the items to be sold for an unreasonably low price.

That said, if you were wanting to purchase items at a discount, from someone who had acquired them how would you go about finding somebody to buy from? My main idea here is that I don't mind doing business with someone who is selling stolen goods if I can get a reasonable deal. Where do I look for someone like this?

Comments

• jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited September 2011
    Your local methadone clinic
  • notapplicablenotapplicable Semo-Regulars
    edited October 2011
    I guess that is a start, thanks.
  • edited October 2011
    People have an unrealistic idea about what second hand goods are worth.

Something is only worth what they want to pay for it.

Unless you are able to advertise this good to a large group of possible consumers and wait long enough for the product to move you will need to reduce the price to meet demand.

If i really wanted X i would go buy it at the store price. So i certainly wouldnt buy it at X price Y on the street.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
    People have an unrealistic idea about what second hand goods are worth.

Something is only worth what they want to pay for it.

Unless you are able to advertise this good to a large group of possible consumers and wait long enough for the product to move you will need to reduce the price to meet demand.

If i really wanted X i would go buy it at the store price. So i certainly wouldnt buy it at X price Y on the street.

^this

You have to learn how to haggle bro ... I bought 2 fridges a dryer and a washer for $300 .. The guy wanted $900 but I convinced him he wasn't going to sell the shit unless he ga e it to me ... I even haggle on new items at places like jb hi fi
  • waffleswaffles Acolyte
    edited October 2011
    shit doesnt have to be stolen to be cheap have and idea of what you want and save up the loot, like if you watch craigslist saw you want a tv, you can get 42 in lcd tvs for $200, always be on the look out and let people know you are always looking for deal, then resale then for 100 bucks more, after a while people will just just come to you. try to always have like $1000 on you you never know what will pop up. this works with cars too. just need a bigger stack.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited October 2011
    This laptop is worth 1500$. I got it for 300$. Idk how.