Harry Potter' Star Jamie Waylett Charged With Homemade Bomb, Marijuana Possesssion

juggjugg Regular
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Tooooo much money and tooooo much time.

He played Draco Malfoy's evil sidekick, Vincent Crabbe, in the "Harry Potter" franchise and although the curtain has come down on the final "Potter" flick, it looks like Jamie Waylett hasn't given up on his 'up to no good' ways.
The 22-year-old actor was reportedly charged with possession of a petrol bomb during the London riots that ravaged the city over the summer, according to E! Online. Authorities are claiming that Waylett was in posession of the Molotov cocktail, also known as a gasoline bomb, on August 8, during the height of the riots.
But that's not all, authorities also found 15 cannabis plants in his home

source

Comments

• The DukeThe Duke Semo-Regulars
    edited October 2011
    Damn, I guess all the magic in the world can't help him now. Too bad piles of money can. :(
  • Chris HansenChris Hansen Regular
    edited October 2011
    Damn. I wonder if he was high during any of the filming for those movies. I mean with 15 pot plants he has gotta be a pothead right?
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited October 2011
    Why would someone throw away their career aged 22.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    I am not surprised. I am sure he will walk away cleanly but the drug connection is just hilarious.
    edited October 2011
    I'll be surprised if he ever manages to land a decent role again after this episode.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited October 2011
    When we make the TOTSE movie we should call him. :o

He clearly smokes weed errday and molotovs everything
    edited October 2011
    Receiving stolen goods too it seems.
    Waylett, 22, who played Hogwarts bully Vincent Crabbe, is accused of violent disorder, receiving stolen goods and being in possession of an article - understood to be a petrol bomb - with intent to destroy or damage property.
    All the alleged offences took place on August 8 in the Chalk Farm area of north London. The charge of receiving stolen goods relates to a bottle of champagne being allegedly looted from a Sainsbury's.
    Waylett appeared before Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on September 29 and was released on bail with a 7pm to 7am curfew.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/harry-potter/8821621/Harry-Potter-actor-Jamie-Waylett-charged-with-having-petrol-bomb-during-London-riots.html
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    I get the weed but why was he fucking with homemade bombs? It is not like he was some socially inept emo kid who's parents ignored him.
    edited October 2011
    Not sure about that, he's 22 and still lives at home with his mother.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    Well that is a bit odd considering he should have plenty of his own money.
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited October 2011
    Its either him or the other evil sidekick whos not in the last movie because he was caught with drugs.

As for him being loaded, for 8 films totaling about 16 or more hours, I would be surprised if he got more than two hours on screen. Im guessing he got two million or less. I think the blonde twat got five for all eight films.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    I doubt he got paint more than a few thousand per film. His character never spoke and was just a background prop. I doubt he had 10mins of screen time. They could have easily replaced him with a different actor for each film and no one would how noticed.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    I remember reading about him getting arrested for weed, and I was growing at the time. I sort of took solace in it knowing I wasn't alone.

What a lad.
  • The DukeThe Duke Semo-Regulars
    edited October 2011
    Most of the Harry Pothead guys don't have much of a future. You do that many movies and you'll be typecast to shit.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    The Duke wrote: »
    Most of the Harry Pothead guys don't have much of a future. You do that many movies and you'll be typecast to shit.

This.

Looks like this guy was living the life whilst he still could.