Chances of the Zombie Apocalypse

BurnBurn Regular
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Not sure if this belongs here, mods, feel free to move it if necessary.

What do you think the chances of a real zombie apocalypse are? Do you believe in fantastical zombies (such as those in Dawn of the Dead) of disease ridden, contagious zombies, from the 28 Days/Weeks Later movies.

Personally, I very much believe this could happen. Not in a way that there are billions of zombies running around the world looking for meat, but a virus could easily move through each nation, leaving the world incapacitated and facing possible extinction. Look at the recent pandemics: SARS, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, even Hendra Virus here in Australia. A much more powerful and easier to be carried disease could spread disaster, causing possibly zombie-like states among people.

Comments

• MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited October 2011
    If a zombie apocalypse happens I'm going commando on a blood trail toward the mountains where I'll hide away in the deepest parts of the forest to live out the rest of my days as a hermit.

Get at me, zombies.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    That's a romantic view to have, and is shared by many. I had the same idea, until I realised it was generally 100% impossible for me, at this stage anyway. If zombies were to attack right now, I'd be screwed. A couple of years? Who knows, but I'll be a lot better prepared.
  • fagfag Regular
    edited October 2011
    I could definitely see a large-scale catastrophe and collapse of agriculture forcing hordes of people to resort to cannibalism. Doubt they would be lumbering zombies that roam about with limbs missing and guts hanging out. Just ordinary people. Ordinary, thinking, hungry, desperate people. Much scarier than the undead. :o
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    Haven't reports of 'zombies' already been proven or something? I didn't read too much into it, but I swear I heard about a woman or something getting infected by something, then turning into this hostile 'zombie-like' creature.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
    Haven't reports of 'zombies' already been proven or something? I didn't read too much into it, but I swear I heard about a woman or something getting infected by something, then turning into this hostile 'zombie-like' creature.

Nope just ice addicts bro
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    There's the Haitian voodoo zombies, but they're not really what we're considering here. And there's a type of fungus in the Amazon or somewhere that gets inside an ants brain, and eventually is able to completely take over its body. If anyone has more information on that, I'd greatly appreciate it.
  • fagfag Regular
    edited October 2011
    Lots of stuff like that..Creepy.:thumbsup:

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-zombie-parasites.php
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited October 2011
    The whole zombie SHTF scenario makes me laugh. It's an impossible fantasy, As above, yeah some viral pandemic is more than possible, but what this has to do with zombies is beyond me. As for the parasitic fungus taking over ants, the ants are still around. Doesn't seem to bother but a fraction of the percentage of ants in the world. If something like that started attacking humans I don't think it would be long before it was under control.
    Even assuming a large population of zombies were possible, how long would they last?
    They cant procreate I assume, so how long before they die of the parasite? A few days, couple of weeks, a couple of months at the outside I would guess. I think most people would be able to hide out for a couple of months.
    The whole scenario is so far fetched I LOL.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    ^This. The whole thing is preposterous and therefore not worth my time or consideration.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited October 2011
    The government would start dropping bombs if a large outbreak happened.
  • reyhuffreyhuff Semo-Regulars
    edited November 2011
    At this time of year it is common to take into account the zombie apocalypse. You have to contemplate -- am I financially ready, should the deceased start to rise, walk the earth and feast on the living?? Here are a few suggestions that may help you feel more ready. And these suggestions aren't just for the zombie apocalypse. They work for other forms of problems also. Resource for this article: Are you financially prepared for the zombie apocalypse? .If this could really happen.Better yet be prepared.
    edited November 2011
    At this time of year it is common for me to move half baked crap to the toilet is should have been dumped in to start with.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    When I asked my Squaddie mates if I could come to their Barracks in case of an outbreak they all laughed at me :( I still have my Bug out Bag and plans for the Cities/Areas I frequent the most.
    Comes in handy in case of any disaster, really. Americans are told to have Disaster plans, so it's not strange to me.
    edited November 2011
    RemadE wrote:
    When I asked my Squaddie mates if I could come to their Barracks in case of an outbreak they all laughed at me :( I still have my Bug out Bag and plans for the Cities/Areas I frequent the most.
    Comes in handy in case of any disaster, really. Americans are told to have Disaster plans, so it's not strange to me.

I'd probably just wait it out at the winchester
    edited November 2011
    I can't believe anyone is taking this whole thread the least bit seriously.
    edited November 2011
    I can't believe anyone is taking this whole thread the least bit seriously.

Zombies are so in right now ..
    edited November 2011
    When I was your age Vampires were so in but we did not it about and have conversations as if they were real.
    edited November 2011
    I preferred reading the stand (i know no zombies but OP mentioned viruses) better than interview with a vampire ... I guess kids these days are more open to the belief anything could happen or we are all dumb .. Idk
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Zombies > Vampires.

Vampires were shit on when Stephanie Meyer pulled down her granny pants and took a steamy crap, then repeated it a few more times, bound it and sold it to retarded teens. She even covered one in glitter and because our Public loves reading bollocks as opposed to things that will benefit Humankind, there are even films of it.

:mad: :angry: :mad: :angry:
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Id be more worried about the effects of a nuclear holocaust, and the mutations and radiation poising that would ensue. By the end, you would have the equivalent of a walking zombie.