Which theme are you using?

edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Just a quick poll to see what the majority of Totse is using as their preferred theme. Personally I'm switching between them. I usually use the &TPro theme but right now I'm using Niggers :D

Comments

• HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited October 2011
    The good old classic totse theme.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
    The good old classic totse theme.

This
  • edited October 2011
    Classic. I still can't believe that it hasn't at least been made the default. Way to go making &T look the same as a million other shitty VB forums out there.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    Why does anyone care what the default is if they can just set the one they want? That is like saying why does Chevrolet make more black trucks than yellow trucks. I like yellow trucks and I think they should make more yellow trucks than black trucks because I like yellow trucks. Just buy a yellow truck and STFU about the black trucks FSS.

I use the mobile theme myself because of it's spartan appearance. I am not here for the pretty colors I am here to read.
    edited October 2011
    Why does anyone care what the default is if they can just set the one they want? That is like saying why does Chevrolet make more black trucks than yellow trucks. I like yellow trucks and I think they should make more yellow trucks than black trucks because I like yellow trucks. Just buy a yellow truck and STFU about the black trucks FSS.

I use the mobile theme myself because of it's spartan appearance. I am not here for the pretty colors I am here to read.

Think about the NEWCOMERS. Would YOU want to join a site if the first thing you notice about it is that it looks just like every other site?
    edited October 2011
    I don't join sites based on appearance so you are asking the wrong guy the wrong question. Not only that but you are assuming that everyone has the same taste in ascetics as you.
  • edited October 2011
    It's like Ferrari deciding to ditch their classic red theme for lime green instead - imagine the outcry?
    edited October 2011
    It is nothing like that. We are not an internationally recognized branded product which enjoys instant visual identification. First you argue that new users would be turned off by the default then you argue that new users would be disappointed because a website they never heard of does not have the appearance they have known it for all their lives. When the simple truth is you prefer one theme over another. The plain fact is user are free to choose whatever theme they want from those that are installed and the management has chosen a default theme that is not the one you choose to view.

Rather than wasting your creative energies creating arguments that don't hold water I would suggest you channel them towards creating the interesting content that will keep users here regardless of the color scheme that is the default. The content I know you are capable of supplying.
    edited October 2011
    I don't join sites based on appearance so you are asking the wrong guy the wrong question. Not only that but you are assuming that everyone has the same taste in ascetics as you.

I'm not saying I do either, but there is a large number of people out there who DO join sites based on the look of them.
    edited October 2011
    I am sure there are but who is to say which color scheme a given user is going to prefer. Will more users prefer the one you prefer? Who knows but most people familiar with forums know that most sites offer multiple choices when it come to themes. Just look at the 5 votes so far 40% like what you like and 60% like something else. But the 40% is used to that theme and so goes with what they are used to. So even that is not a fair representation of what a brand new user might prefer. What is clear however is that so far out of 5 people who are used to the old theme 3 of them prefer something else.
    edited October 2011
    I am sure there are but who is to say which color scheme a given user is going to prefer. Will more users prefer the one you prefer? Who knows but most people familiar with forums know that most sites offer multiple choices when it come to themes. Just look at the 5 votes so far 40% like what you like and 60% like something else. But the 40% is used to that theme and so goes with what they are used to. So even that is not a fair representation of what a brand new user might prefer. What is clear however is that so far out of 5 people who are used to the old theme 3 of them prefer something else.

But 0% like the default style....
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited October 2011
    dis nigga theme da shit yo. seriously though im all for a brandon cat theme. that would be epic
    edited October 2011
    But 0% like the default style....

&TPro is the default so 22% who have voted are using it.
    edited October 2011
    &TPro is the default so 22% who have voted are using it.

That being my point. When the average user comes to a site and they see that the theme looks like every other site they'll be less likely to stay.
    edited October 2011
    Content keeps users not colors
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    Without getting involved in the shitfight, I'm using Totse, but only cause I haven't bothered changing it back. I probably prefer &TPro though.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    I don't have a persistent IP, so it's the default.
    edited October 2011
    I really have failed to see anyone illustrate why the default should be one thing or another being as the whole subject is 100% subjective according to the taste of any given person. I don't see why people just don't set the theme they like and not worry about what others use or what the default is. This entire discussion is pointless IMO.
    edited October 2011
    I really have failed to see anyone illustrate why the default should be one thing or another being as the whole subject is 100% subjective according to the taste of any given person. I don't see why people just don't set the theme they like and not worry about what others use or what the default is. This entire discussion is pointless IMO.

That's because nobody is saying the default theme should be any different then it already is. The only thing even remotely close to that anyone has said is when I pointed out the the stock style has 0% of the vote.

Also, learn a little something about web design. Content might KEEP the members, but colors help GET the members.
    edited October 2011
    That's because nobody is saying the default theme should be any different then it already is. The only thing even remotely close to that anyone has said is when I pointed out the the stock style has 0% of the vote.

Also, learn a little something about web design. Content might KEEP the members, but colors help GET the members.

Maybe you missed my earlier post where I pointed out you have mistaken the Default VB theme for the theme that is set to display as default. The Default VB theme which has 0% of the votes is just that, the Default theme that is installed when you install VB. The theme which is set to display as default is &TPro which has 20% of the votes.

Even at that these figures are meaningless for several reasons.

1. a sampling of 10 people who gave enough of a shit to vote in this poll is hardly enough data to determine anything at all.

2. It still comes down to a subjective opinion.

3. You are not considering the fact the the Totse theme which you prefer is a hacked together VB 3 theme running on VB4.

4. The &TPro theme was chosen as the default theme as it most closely matches the theme used for WordPress that is our front page at the root of the domain.

5. We are not going to spend hours and hours to make a customized theme for WordPress that matches the totse theme just because 5 users have expressed they prefer to use the totse theme when they can simply use the totse theme.

I am going to ignore your insult about webdesign as I know you do not work in the field professionally and neither do I and chalk it up to an inability to provide a convincing logical argument as to why something that is purely a matter of opinion should be done to suit your individual tastes. In other words the wants of the one or the few do not outweigh those of the many and the technical staff can not and will not be expected to labor needlessy to create a customized theme for WordPress that matches the theme you choose to use when viewing the forums so the theme of your choice can be set as the default theme and match WordPress.
    edited October 2011
    Maybe you missed my earlier post where I pointed out you have mistaken the Default VB theme for the theme that is set to display as default. The Default VB theme which has 0% of the votes is just that, the Default theme that is installed when you install VB. The theme which is set to display as default is &TPro which has 20% of the votes.

1. a sampling of 10 people who gave enough of a shit to vote in this poll is hardly enough data to determine anything at all.

3. You are not considering the fact the the Totse theme which you prefer is a hacked together VB 3 theme running on VB4.

4. The &TPro theme was chosen as the default theme as it most closely matches the theme used for WordPress that is our front page at the root of the domain.

5. We are not going to spend hours and hours to make a customized theme for WordPress that matches the totse theme just because 5 users have expressed they prefer to use the totse theme when they can simply use the totse theme.

I am going to ignore your insult about webdesign as I know you do not work in the field professionally and neither do I and chalk it up to an inability to provide a convincing logical argument as to why something that is purely a matter of opinion should be done to suit your individual tastes. In other words the wants of the one or the few do not outweigh those of the many and the technical staff can not and will not be expected to labor needlessy to create a customized theme for WordPress that matches the theme you choose to use when viewing the forums so the theme of your choice can be set as the default theme and match WordPress.

Jesus fucking christ you're dumb. How did you get a position of power? Where did I say anything about the CURRENT DEFAULT? I even said in the post your quoting that I was talking about the STOCK THEME. Do you need me to explain STOCK to you?

Stock: The shit that came with the fucking software.

Also, HOURS to make the front page match the rest? Yeah, more like 5 minutes.

Also, why are you even wasting your time with wordpress? vB 4 is supposed to have a BUILT IN PORTAL SYSTEM, derp derp.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011

^Pretty much this.

Now for the last time, &TPro is the default theme and it will remain so, unless I find a better theme for Wordpress and VB.
    edited October 2011
    Word press is pretty shit every time i go on it it just makes me feel like im on some crazy ladies shit website she has created for her cats :refertosignature:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    Jesus fucking christ you're dumb. How did you get a position of power? Where did I say anything about the CURRENT DEFAULT? I even said in the post your quoting that I was talking about the STOCK THEME. Do you need me to explain STOCK to you?

Stock: The shit that came with the fucking software.

Also, HOURS to make the front page match the rest? Yeah, more like 5 minutes.

Also, why are you even wasting your time with wordpress? vB 4 is supposed to have a BUILT IN PORTAL SYSTEM, derp derp.

Ahem, it doesn't have that support. You pretty much need to buy the CMS package. We only have the forum, also, WP > VB CMS.

Now, kindly stop this useless bickering.

btw, I am wasting my time on Wordpress because it's faster and better than other platforms.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    jehsiboi wrote: »
    Word press is pretty shit every time i go on it it just makes me feel like im on some crazy ladies shit website she has created for her cats :refertosignature:
    Would your prefer Drupal that will take down the whole server? or would you prefer Joomla that would get fucked easily, or maybe you want VB CMS which can't function correctly even after tons of patches?

I didn't make this jump for no reason, WP excels at certain things and one of them is themes. Like I mentioned before, if I find a better theme it would get implemented. I am in the middle of a release with my job hence I am busy and to top it all off, I am fucking sick at the moment.
    edited October 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Would your prefer Drupal that will take down the whole server? or would you prefer Joomla that would get fucked easily, or maybe you want VB CMS which can't function correctly even after tons of patches?

I didn't make this jump for no reason, WP excels at certain things and one of them is themes. Like I mentioned before, if I find a better theme it would get implemented. I am in the middle of a release with my job hence I am busy and to top it all off, I am fucking sick at the moment.

Does your vagina hurt to?
    I was just voicing my opinion about WORDPRESS in general not you or your site dfg ... it just looks like a blog you would get on blogspot or some shit
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    Does your vagina hurt to?
    I was just voicing my opinion about WORDPRESS in general not you or your site dfg ... it just looks like a blog you would get on blogspot or some shit

Nope, I have used blogspot and please don't insult things when you haven't used it before. Looks can be deceiving. And honestly, are we still stuck on the looks? Jesus, the old theme was screwed from every angle and it wouldn't render it. Honestly, if anything new people didn't bother with the old theme and left this place. If you still have the problem with the theme I will setup a pink theme for you guys.

In the end, the design doesn't matter AT this point. It's going to get revised anyway. Concentrate on something else. That's all.
    edited October 2011
    how on earth do you know what i have or haven't used?

I say it how it is to me, so stop shitting on my opinion thanks

im not going to argue over what I like to use because you seem to take it as a personal attack ... so im not going to post in this thread anymore
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    how on earth do you know what i have or haven't used?

I say it how it is to me, so stop shitting on my opinion thanks

im not going to argue over what I like to use because you seem to take it as a personal attack ... so im not going to post in this thread anymore

Fine with me.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    I'm using the Totse theme at the moment. Without entering into any arguments, I do think there are pros and cons of both themes. At the end of the day, we have the Totse theme to keep us happy and the new theme to set us apart from websites like Totse2. Unless any of us can create a better theme or indeed even a picture sketch for a better theme then there is not really any substantial right to complain :) My two cents or as my parents would say pennies worth lol