Jim Jefferies - Alcoholocaust

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I was watching this with my Housemate last night and I have to say, this guy is one of the most brutally honest motherfuckers I've had the pleasure of watching. An Aussie Doug Stanhope with a more sexual leaning.

Previews:

Torrent.

More:
HBO special (and audio recordings)
Contraband.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    I have never heard of him but thses clips gae me a good laugh. I loved the part about the guy with the handgun, "I was just sayin'".
  • edited November 2011
    Jim is a bauce.

I saw him at the sydney comedy store when he was opening for someone more mainstream. The guy is great but he aint ever going to make much money out of his game.
    edited November 2011
    Why don't you think he will never make the big bucks?
  • edited November 2011
    Big bucks come from mass appeal.

He dont have mass appeal. He wont be allowed on television and you can only sell so many DVD's when all your material is up on youtube.

He'll be able to do alright for himself - and in the industry being able to make a living out of the game is an achievement in itself but all his money is coming from touring; and you can only milk tours so hard.

Edit: Hes had some spots on TV - but unless he is collecting royalties as a writer, actor or otherwise its not great cash.
    edited November 2011
    If he could break into the North American market I could see this guy getting an HBO special. He really is that funny but that would require him working some of he clubs in Canada and America to pay his dues so to speak.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I'd love to watch him live. Crude, rude and a proper Aussie dude. The bit about the helicopter was hilarious, as was the foreplay skit.
    Also added another link to a second recording of him.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    He has a valid question though, how do blind people wipe their arses?