GTA V: What do we expect?

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So, the GTA V trailer has been released:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CkxnUeMnzw

What are we expecting? I'm expecting a shitty remake of San Andreas. Changing everything, putting in a few old landmarks and slapping the name "San Andreas" on it. Hopefully the game play and story will be worth a damn though.

I'd personally like to see all the old protagonists come in. Give missions or something, or even help out. Or failing that, at least an extra in a cutscene or something. It'd be awesome to see Tommy Vercetti again.

So, what do you expect? I'm hoping for less opinions, and more what you actually expect to see in the game, or what you're even looking forward too!

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I'm expecting some sort of current affairs undertones. Something about recession and illegal money-making.

Then again I gave up GTA after San Andreas. That was the bomb.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited November 2011
    Looks good. :thumbsup:

I hope there's more stuff to do once you finish the main missions this time.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    I'd like to see more choices in what kind of criminal you can be ... Like choosing to deal in drugs or not ... Or going into fraud or racketeering and whatnot ...
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited November 2011
    I want a sandbox where I can release my inner sociopath. More weapons, pedestrian models, building intereiors, insane jumps, better car damage. Better cop AI. Bigger maps. The RPG element in SA was kind of cool but I would prefer it if it didn't decrease with time - oh noez my muscle is decreasing, I must stop my sociopathic rampage and grab a fucking salad.

Based on the trailer I think that Vinewood is going to play a big part of the main storyline. GTA games generally follow a rags to riches story, andI think that the film industry could be a key way of achieving the riches. Remember the Film Studio asset in Vice City? Could be something similar.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    I just want more open world maps and awesome cars to drive. I don't care about the story or the missions. I just like driving and killing people.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    jehsiboi wrote: »
    I'd like to see more choices in what kind of criminal you can be ... Like choosing to deal in drugs or not ... Or going into fraud or racketeering and whatnot ...

That would be damn good :thumbsup:
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited November 2011
    I love the story line; it's what brings me back into the game all the time. I love story lines in most games, depending if they're any good.

I want the story line to connect all the games together somehow.
  • edited November 2011
    I want to see a detailed map, with attention paid to the interior of buildings instead of making a really massive map full of empty space. I want a solid, long storyline. I want to see that LA Noir style facial technology implemented, as well as some awesome physics on cars and people. I also want more stuff to do after completing the main storyline, such as a unique jump system similar to the one on GTA 3 or Vice City, rampages, hidden packages etc etc.

Also I want to play this on my PC when it comes out and have a really awesome time :D
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    trx100 wrote:
    I want to see a detailed map, with attention paid to the interior of buildings instead of making a really massive map full of empty space. I want a solid, long storyline. I want to see that LA Noir style facial technology implemented, as well as some awesome physics on cars and people. I also want more stuff to do after completing the main storyline, such as a unique jump system similar to the one on GTA 3 or Vice City, rampages, hidden packages etc etc.

Also I want to play this on my PC when it comes out and have a really awesome time :D

Detail in houses would be sick ... Kinda like any good FPS on multiplayer
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited November 2011
    Rockstar kinda fail at textures. They spend so much time on modelling that you can see pixels on a lot of things, inside and outside houses, even on people.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited November 2011
    I'll be interested to see how the do this, I hope they put a bit more fun back into it. That's not to say that IV wasn't fun it just wasn't what I was used to that said the story was brilliant and it was good to see them do something of their own as opposed to the usual rehash of films. Still I did kinda hope on the announcement build up it would be in Vice City ahh well.

I just hope Mount Chilliad is on there, me and my mate used to have this challenge you had to get from the tallest building on the game with full wanted level to Mount Chilliad without cheats was always funny.