Aliens gave us religion

MolecularSuperstructureMolecularSuperstructure Semo-Regulars
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
You see back in the ancient times, primitve man didn't have words like shiny metallic craft or extraterrestrial. So they used whats words they had to describe what was going on. Gods and angels coming from the sky intervening in human affairs. I mean come on the whole aliens created us theory holds waaaay more weight than an invisible santa claus in the sky ya know?

Comments

• ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited November 2011
    I don't know what I think about the whole alien presence on ancient earth thing, but I highly doubt that even if it did happen it would be the sole reason for the development of religion. Religion more thank likely evolved as a way to catalog and explain the vast array of natural phenomena that human beings experience on a day to day basis, I think the evidence for this is in the fact that many ancient religions developed similar archetypes and themes, at least in the western world any way.
  • MolecularSuperstructureMolecularSuperstructure Semo-Regulars
    edited November 2011
    Arkansan wrote: »
    I don't know what I think about the whole alien presence on ancient earth thing, but I highly doubt that even if it did happen it would be the sole reason for the development of religion. Religion more thank likely evolved as a way to catalog and explain the vast array of natural phenomena that human beings experience on a day to day basis, I think the evidence for this is in the fact that many ancient religions developed similar archetypes and themes, at least in the western world any way.
    I totally agree. I personally am not a religious person. I've just read and seen so much on the subject, for me it makes more sense. Like right now I doubt there is a big alien presence if any on earth. Even parts of the bible talk about what one could interpret as UFOs or extraterrestrials, like in the book of Ezekiel