Elder Scrolls V

blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So, I'm not all into Elder scrolls as a seies; I've only played Oblivion but I thoroughly enjoyed it. When I heard about Skyrim/saw the trailer I creamed in my jeans. no joke. Just wondering what y'all might be looking forward to in the game and what changes we'd like to see as opposed to oblivion. Apparently there'll be a different leveling system (thank god) and combat will be more "visceral" which i suppose means realistic. I'm personally looking forward to dual-wielding, stronger bows, and sneak instant kills when using a dagger. Because im usually an assassin. Thats how i roll.

Comments

• Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited March 2011
    I hope it's more like morrowind than oblivion. I've been playing elder scrolls games since i was really young and morrowind was longer/deeper in story. I still wish they would make an elder scrolls MMO for PC or 360
  • TCO420TCO420 Regular
    edited March 2011
    Panic! wrote: »
    I hope it's more like morrowind than oblivion. I've been playing elder scrolls games since i was really young and morrowind was longer/deeper in story. I still wish they would make an elder scrolls MMO for PC or 360

Fucking this, I really hope they put a more complex dialog system and more in-depth characters, and maybe an open option for companions throughout the game.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited March 2011
    Any mention of the game must be followed by this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY .

Anyway I just hope that have more than three voice actors this time. Oh and for cities to actually be big the imperial city housed all of 20 or so people it was more like the imperial Cul-de-sac!
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited March 2011
    I want better melee combat, and it seems that this will deliver more than Oblivion did. Trouble is, I've got a shitload of games to play and bugger all time to play them!!
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited March 2011
    kfc v lot wrote: »
    Any mention of the game must be followed by this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY .

Anyway I just hope that have more than three voice actors this time. Oh and for cities to actually be big the imperial city housed all of 20 or so people it was more like the imperial Cul-de-sac!

The voice acting was sooo shitty in Oblivion and the faces looked like it was a kingdom full of down-syndrome and Fetal alcohol sufferers, no wonder they're losing the war against the Daedric.
  • Sabbath102Sabbath102 New Arrival
    edited March 2011
    They said they made big improvements with dialog also they are supposed to have more voice actors. Should be a really good game.
  • KraneKrane Regular
    edited March 2011
    TCO420 wrote: »
    Fucking this, I really hope they put a more complex dialog system and more in-depth characters, and maybe an open option for companions throughout the game.

It's going to be dumbed down more than Oblivion, they have reduced the number of skills you can level up, and the main quest is to kill the bad guy and save the world, there will be no 'evil' option to finish the main quest again.

I miss Morrowind, don't think I could be bothered to play it again though lol.
    edited March 2011
    Tbh I have never completed the main quest I just can't be arsed with the oblivion gates they are just boring and all look the same. Fuck me, less skills? I mean I like the current amount it makes you have to think about how you want to play. Plus I enjoy the creation of custom classes.

I heard that the reason they have changed the system is that you don't know how you want to play the game at the beginning? Maybe if you've never played an rpg but not if you have a feint idea I like having various magic and blade with my sneak and acrobatics skills being high but as minor skills.

Also I heard they were removing Enchanting and spell creation!
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited March 2011
    I'll probably jizz myself if they bring back unarmored back like they had in morrowind. Unarmored skill+Magic and a little dagger= invinsibility
    edited November 2011
    Well its 6 days to go I figure I'd do a spot of threadromancy if that's ok?

Things are looking good there is the first 23 minutes floating about somewhere (I'll try and link) which I haven't seen I figure the surprise will be better.

http://kotaku.com/5854660/watch-the-first-23-minutes-of-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-right-here?tag=theelderscrolls

There you go.
    Anyway I'm looking forward to just exploring for it's own sake picking up quests as I go but with no real direction just going where ever the wind takes me :D
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    I can not wait ... I'm buying it as soon as I get back home from work ... My girlfriend won't be impressed ... I'll just have to buy some rack or something to keep her busy and of couse to enhance gameplay!!
    edited November 2011
    Well I have it on preorder from the same place i got BF3 from which will hopefully mean I get it a day early just like BF3 :D
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited November 2011
    Can't wait either....i wish they didn't make these series anymore ahhh they are all so good and take up too much time :^(
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited November 2011
    jehsiboi wrote: »
    I can not wait ... I'm buying it as soon as I get back home from work ... My girlfriend won't be impressed ... I'll just have to buy some rack or something to keep her busy and of couse to enhance gameplay!!
    Get her hooked on scooma.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited November 2011
    Lethargica wrote: »
    Can't wait either....i wish they didn't make these series anymore ahhh they are all so good and take up too much time :^(

This. I put so many hours into Oblivion. :facepalm:

Anybody going to pick it up at midnight?
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited November 2011
    Not I, TheWichDoctor. I pre-ordered the collectors edition off Amazon, it wont be here till the following monday I believe. Does anyone know if the difficulty will determine how fast you level like in Oblivion/Fallout 3?

Also, I'm bummed they got rid of the hand to hand.
    edited November 2011
    I just descovered the preorder map isn't cloth I have now had all my dreams crushed.. :( Oh well still won't complain if it arrives a day early ;)
    edited November 2011
    It arrived it's good shame I have a metric shit on of work to do..
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited November 2011
    the torrents are out any one played it yet the download is going extremly slow hoperfully my computer lets me play it i realy need a pcie gpu

i loved modding oblivion and using the invisability cloak oh and also having wings wile riding a black unicorn i could make attack people
    edited November 2011
    Skyrim is fucking awesome. :thumbsup:
    edited November 2011
    to bad my graphics card sucks havent been able to any games maybe it was a side effect of overclocking i guess ill have to retry oblivion because i know that worked fine before overclock
  • edited November 2011
    ^ You could OC your graphics card as well :D Stability is a bitch when clocking though.

On a side note, what graphics card have you got?

The minimum PC requirements, as tweeted by Bethesda's Pete Hines:

Dual-core CPU, 2.0 GHz or faster
    2 GB RAM
    DirectX 9.0c video card with 512 MB RAM
    6 GB HDD space
    Windows XP/Vista/7 [32 or 64-bit]
    Internet access for Steam activation

And the recommended spec:

Quad-core CPU
    4 GB RAM
    DirectX 9.0c video card with 1 GB RAM - GTX 260/Radeon 4890 or higher
    6 GB HDD space
    Windows XP/Vista/7, internet access, etc.
    edited November 2011
    its an oem compaq mother board so its the on board graphics right now nforce 6150 se which sucks

the only thing stoping me is the graphics card as told by the can you run it app from system labs

since i have amd athalon 64 x2 4400 3ghz every thing else is fine i used to be able to play oblivion and cod4

games iv tryied after overclocking which dont work or skyrim and cod5

cod5 should work but dosent
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited November 2011
    skyrim is awesome!!!

Barely progressed through the main quest..i had to do a quest that told me i had to run to the top left corner of the world..and dang what an adventure so far.. Got so sidetract into all these quests...raiding giant's camps and running into random dungeons..leveling and making new weps ..i really wish i didn't play this game because it's taking too much time in my life :(
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited November 2011
    Yep, total waste of time but its fun.
    So far I'm loving this game its a huge improvement over Oblivion,no glitches yet and its friggin smooth.
    No studder very nice.
    edited November 2011
    I've had a couple of glitches. It froze on me 3 times last night but nothing major besides that.

Also I have like 30 pounds worth of quest items that I can't get rid of. :facepalm: I don't even know for what quests half of them are for.