Operation Guatemala

TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
edited November 2011 in Man Cave
It continues here. I know there's a couple people that remember the old thread from Totse.

Information on Guatemala HERE and HERE

guatemala.gif

If we invaded via sea, landing at/near Puerto San Jose would put us closest to Guatemala City. Also, the rainy season is from June to November, so I suggest we don't invade during those months.

Anyone know what happened to the user in Guatemala(can't remember his name)? We might need to find a new contact there. We also need someone we can put into power to be used as a puppet.

We're going to need a couple of THESE:
sportchassis-p4xl.jpg

Bulletproofed and with a mounted weapon or two they could be some heavy duty main transport.

Comments

• MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited November 2011
    Anyone know what happened to the user in Guatemala(can't remember his name)? We might need to find a new contact there. We also need someone we can put into power to be used as a puppet.

LavaRed. You're right, this thread would be more pertinent with his presence. I believe he still posts on cocklet.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Will also need a good fortnight of food, water and some ways of renewable energy creation. Some windmills and/or solar panels.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Its army numbers at 15,500 troops in addition to 1,000 air force and 1,000 navy vessels. However, they lack inadequate fighting vehicles and their army is being downsized. Contact with local guerilla movements could sway them to our cause, and the outbreak of the ensuing revolution would put us in power. Weapons and munitions would be supplied by other 3rd world countries.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited November 2011
    Meloncholy wrote: »
    LavaRed. You're right, this thread would be more pertinent with his presence. I believe he still posts on cocklet.

Can someone on Zoklet see if he'll post here?
    RemadE wrote: »
    Will also need a good fortnight of food, water and some ways of renewable energy creation. Some windmills and/or solar panels.

For food MRE's would be the easiest option.
    Its army numbers at 15,500 troops in addition to 1,000 air force and 1,000 navy vessels. However, they lack inadequate fighting vehicles and their army is being downsized. Contact with local guerilla movements could sway them to our cause, and the outbreak of the ensuing revolution would put us in power. Weapons and munitions would be supplied by other 3rd world countries.

We could also use the drug cartels, just promise them that we'll take out their competitors once we're in power. Instead, once we're in power we'll get rid of all of them and take control of their drug trades for extra profit.

I think our main goal should be to get in and out as fast as possible. a 15,000 strong army + special forces + air force is something we don't want to have to fuck with head on. We should aim to have control of major parts of the government and important government officials before anyone realizes whats going on and launches a counter attack. Having one or more generals in our pocket couldn't hurt either.

Once we're in power we need to get as much money as we can either in cash or in foreign bank accounts as quick as possible and then then bail out to some country that won't arrest us and enjoy being rich.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    This entire idea is totally half baked.
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited November 2011
    At the expense of sounding a bit nutty, I think it would be advantageous to use electric vehicle technology down there after covertly destroying fuel reserves. The only way you're going to defeat a force that large with such small numbers would be grounding their air power and nullifying their mobile armor at all costs. Don't leave a drop for them to attempt to reclaim. Finding a way to make soldiers defect would be a huge plus. Best case scenario, you cause a big retreat to the capital where they bunker down and prepare to repel you. Position all assets in a manner that takes their Navy out of the game (nothing near the coastline) and causes them to divert remaining fuel resources to the city instead. While that would make an EXTREMELY difficult battle, it's a huge improvement compared with trying to spread across the entire country.

Of course, this is just humoring the idea at a glance and I haven't delved nor plan to delve too deep into it.