November/December Meteor showers

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Just thought I'd share this current event with you. Will certainly be looking at the sky more than usual :)
WESTERN KY (11/9/11)—The fall and winter seasons usually bring about cold and gloomy weather, but behind every grey cloud is a silver lining—or in this case, a bright, fiery meteor. In fact, between November 11th and December 15th 2011, stargazers willing to brave chilly air will get a chance to see three highly notable meteor showers.

Source and more details.

Comments

• TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

I looked at the moon through a telescope for the first time the other night and thought it was pretty cool, so I'll definitely be trying to see one of the meteor showers.
  • edited November 2011
    Awesome. Starts tonight eh? Are you able to see these showers without a telescope? I'd quite like to just be able to go out and look up into the sky and see this, although it's cloudy as fuck right now and I haven't seen blue sky in at least a week :(
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited November 2011
    I've seen two so far. They're not really anything special. You just see a streak of light in the sky for like half a second and that's it.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I've seen two so far. They're not really anything special. You just see a streak of light in the sky for like half a second and that's it.

BUT WIMMIN FUCKING LOVE IT!

Seriously, I saw 3 in one night and this girl got crazy. I just enjoy a solo stargazing experience with some good tunes. Makes me think of Carl Sagan.