Can you sitll be childish, AND mature?

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited November 2011 in Life
I'm a massive kid. I love all my old kid programs, fart and cock jokes make me laugh and I'm just extremely childish when it comes to what makes me laugh and what I enjoy seeing. But at the same time I find myself to be far more mature, and even sometimes smarter, then most people in my age-range. I'm not saying I'm a genius of course, I make silly mistakes while typing, I'm bad at math, etc etc.

But my question, is can you do all these childish things, but still seem mature to others?

Comments

• SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited November 2011
    HELL YEH!
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited November 2011
    One man's "mature" is another man's "dead inside".

I'm pretty sure that the only reason we (blokes) fight our instincts and hang around to raise a kid is that it becomes socially acceptable to act like a kid again. You can play football in the park, tinkle with lego, run around playing tig etc. and as long as you're doing it with you're kid no one will bat an eyelid.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Meloncholy wrote: »
    One man's "mature" is another man's "dead inside".

This. My Father had no childhood looking after 2 disabled parents, and so he is living it now in his mid 40s. Believe me, when he took me to Amsterdam for my 15th, got my my first air rifle at the age of 11 and let me grow drugs - you know they weren't all for my sake. I see him as a Brother unless shit really hits the fan.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    It's called 2nd childhood, I've been enjoying mine for the last 20 years :)
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    My first childhood has been a fun 50 years. I can't wait for y second childhood.
  • fagfag Regular
    edited November 2011
    As long as you pull your on weight and don't hurt anyone, why not? Whats the point of being alive if you're not going to enjoy yourself?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    You should pull your own weight but never pull your Father's finger.