Am I a pussy if I quit this job?

OsirisOsiris Acolyte
edited December 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I've had this job as a caregiver at an Independent Supported Living center for about six weeks. There is one guy with cerebral palsy and another older guy that I think got into a motorcycle wreck and fucked his head up. The older guy is fine but the younger guy is such a little shit. Basically he is a selfish asshole that has been babied his whole life. I tried to connect with him at first but now I find myself enjoying his misery more and more as time goes on, I read these papers on him and he has done some really fucked up shit to females he has been left alone with, so it is really hard not to hate him. I have worked with about ten other guys and got along with them all but this guy is my main responsibility and I really want to suffocate him in his sleep. This job also entails suppositories and catheters which is another reason I want to quit. I knew this job would be a challenge when I started but it is really taking a toll on my peace of mind. I feel like I am digging up old demons every time I look at this guy. Normally I would feel that anything that is challenging is worth doing for the experience but I'm not sure this type of challenging myself is taking me in a good direction. Any thoughts or advice?

Comments

• PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited December 2011
    How does that make you a pussy? You get one life. Do what you want with it. If that's not making you happy, quit. You don't have to necessarily love your job in life, but having one you don't mind going to every day and know you're surrounded by people you get along with well is worth the effort to keep looking. You'll never hear a retired person tell you to man up and just stick with it because they've already been there and they know better.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Yup, it aint going to get any better mate trust me. I've know quite a few guys who are nurses, and you either love it or you dislike the job. If he wasnt there there would probably be another guy in his place who may be even worse, and you dont have to suffer for it so find a job you enjoy or at least dont mind doing :) Unlike most jobs, doing that kind of thing takes more than professional ability, I think your either the type to do it or you arent.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Not at all. You're at that age (I'm assuming) where you can quit a job without any big financial gaps in your life. If it's taking a toll on you and makes you feel shit, as well as smell shit and piss all the time then run. Just leave him. Say your goodbyes and go. it's a shame this one tard makes you feel like this though.
    I remember my first shift at a local pub I loved and the Chef was gay, prancing round the kitchen to "Mr Postman" by The Carpenters and then after saying "I don't know if you realised I was gay" (no shit :facepalm:) I was getting changed in the back cupboard from my Chef Whites into my regular clothes.
    He cornered me.

"Oh look at this scar on my ankle"
    Me: Yeah..cool...

"Oh and this one on my thigh"
    Me: Right...*fuck, I cen see where this is going*

I look down to do my shoes up and look back up with him standing there, holding his "n" shaped erect cock in my face so I grab a bread knife from behind me, push him onto the counter and tell the staff to fuck off.
    Shame. I loved playing darts and eating pork knuckles there.

Just go man.
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited December 2011
    ^^^ That is exactly why I dislike faggots. I realize that not all gay dudes are like that but enough are and they are annoyingly obnoxious about it. Back in '07 I was working in steel construction before the economy tanked and this dude started hitting on me and invited me to a BBQ. If you do not excuse yourself, they just don't know when to take the hint and stop. The worst part is, the world is so politically correct that you can't really get in their face about it and tell them to fuck off if you're in a large group of people because then you're just making a big scene and making things worse for yourself. Well, usually anyways. In some settings you might have the group cheering for you haha. I realize it's likely a case of nothing ventured, nothing gained for them since they're in a minority of sorts, but it's just a no-win situation for the rest of us dealing with them. It's like being in the same room as a small bomb with feces strapped to it.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited December 2011
    Psychlonic wrote: »
    ^^^ That is exactly why I dislike faggots. I realize that not all gay dudes are like that but enough are and they are annoyingly obnoxious about it. Back in '07 I was working in steel construction before the economy tanked and this dude started hitting on me and invited me to a BBQ. If you do not excuse yourself, they just don't know when to take the hint and stop. The worst part is, the world is so politically correct that you can't really get in their face about it and tell them to fuck off if you're in a large group of people because then you're just making a big scene and making things worse for yourself. Well, usually anyways. In some settings you might have the group cheering for you haha. I realize it's likely a case of nothing ventured, nothing gained for them since they're in a minority of sorts, but it's just a no-win situation for the rest of us dealing with them. It's like being in the same room as a small bomb with feces strapped to it.

LOL, get over yourself man, they are gay, not rapists (mostly). Ever had a fugly woman hit on you and you brushed her off? You do the same when a gay tries. I have had loads of gays hit on me, its very funny.

As for the job, do as you will, but will you get a new job easily? I have had fuck loads of jobs, luckily I was always good with money and can explain away the times I did not have work, I know some friends have problems as their CV's look like swiss cheese. Think of the arsehole as a customer. No matter where you work, you will have customers of sorts - in your case think yourself lucky only 50% of them are total dicks.

Working is always about eating a certain amount of shit. It is up to you how stinky and how much of it you eat.

Advice from when I have employed people - You are on 10 points right away if you are coming to one job from another, if you do not have a job employers will ask why and 'my last job sucked balls' is not a reply that shows a level of responsibility most employers are looking for.

Just make sure you do something with your time, even if it is 2 hours volunteer work a week to keep a work history going.