Editing an Audio File That I Don't Want to Edit

DfgDfg Admin
edited March 2012 in Spurious Generalities
I should have asked TDR for the wav file but I had the mp3 file and I thought why not, I plan to create a video out of the audio file in honor of DKR. I kinda missed the TS session because I was cooking and I thought DKR would be there when I will be back but alas he didn't pop back in, I sort of miss him for some reason, I mean he was a part of our little family and it hurts to lose someone but it also gives you a chance to peak inside someones mind. TDR was amazing in the audio, I haven't finished it. I had to clear some noise and other bits.

But still I am a bit down from this.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    Man it's pretty hard to listen to it but kudos to chippy, tdr, trx, thirdrock, niggertologist for being there. *sniff sniff*

Almost done editing it. Fuck, I will do my best to prevent this in the future but it was his choice in the end but it still hurts like hell.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    It was a very sad occasion, and it sucks to think none of us could change his fate even though we tried our hardest. :(
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2011
    I am still waiting for an obituary or even another post from the mysterious guy from "London".
  • ModzillaModzilla New Arrival
    edited January 2012
    I am still waiting for an obituary or even another post from the mysterious guy from "London".

Dude, Please give it a break. RemadE has vouched for me, and there wasn't any posts as the forum was migrating to new domain/structure - besides; the posts I made in BLTC have been lost in the move. I even offered to write some basic pharmacology papers for BLTC..!

As for the past few days whilst the site has (presumably) been online and working? I was in Amsterdam celebrating New Years, flight EZY3010 home yesterday (Monday PM) and I can even post my holiday snaps (and probably will if there's any photophags here) if that adds any credibility.. :rolleyes:
    edited January 2012
    I am sure you had a great time smoking it up over New Years in Amsterdam. While you were there did you run across any obituaries?
    edited January 2012
    I am sure you had a great time smoking it up over New Years in Amsterdam. While you were there did you run across any obituaries?

I went over there for architecture and photography mainly, and because I felt like a change from London for New Years. (Was a good choice too! Awesome atmosphere and crazy celebrations)

a) Obituaries aren't mandatory. Furthermore, there are many arguments against an obituary - costs, circumstances of death, social circle, or maybe the fact he may have got a reputation after his little escapade that led to him coming over to the UK?!

b) Have you even been looking? As you seem the only one so caught up on the idea that this is all some elaborate hoax, a hoax so elaborate that it just happened to have about 20 or so people (last time I saw, before the profile was deleted..) putting RIP on his profile? Oh wait, I remember now.. you found the lack of activity on all of his friends accounts* suspicious so I guess he could've done that himself? Well that was a waste of time if he was just going to delete the profile anyway, wasn't it?

c) How much time did he spend on this forum realistically? I'm going to hazard a guess (by the amount of time he spent on &T, then on MSN when we were in regular contact) a hell of a lot. If it was a trolling attempt he'd be back, or he would've let certain people know. The internet seemed to be his only social outlet, and whilst it could be an attempt at breaking out of that - it would've been a very well planned and executed way of simply saying "I need more daylight guys"; besides given his issues I don't think he was yet capable of just deciding to have a social life with people face-to-face; his confidence had grown over the past year and he was making progress - that was clear, but to such an extent? I don't think so.. You only have to look at the reactions on here, and the way he felt so strong about this website as to choose this place as the place to say goodbye; that says a lot about how much you guys meant.

d) Look through his post history. It was the first thing I did when I registered here, there's talk of suicide methods going back to before June. This fits in with the logical arguments he finally came out with, the composure of the last teamspeak session and the methods he used.

e) His story checks out about Exit International and the Chinese Chemical company that he ordered the supplies from; there's a few peer-reviewed papers about assisted-suicide and that avenue of gaining the necessary drugs.

If you want proof go seek it out, there was that joker on zoklet who managed to contact the family pretty easily - I'm sure you could even ask him to clarify.

As for questions on my identity** - why would James choose to mimic a user that is not only known to certain members, but whom you could probably trace back to the old &T pretty easy (You know there is a Totse Forum Archive, right? There's even a thread online where we both spoke; 5 years ago - unless this was arranged 5 years ago it kinda proves that this isn't James typing this message) and give RemadE a link to a facebook account. I have no use if he faked his suicide.. he could've just made a clean break, there was no need for me to post; let alone stick around for a few weeks.

I'm sorry man, I know you're just searching for answers - and quite rightly, you're skeptical until you've seen 100% evidence (and quite rightly so) - but it just doesn't add up towards being a hoax. I don't want to get confrontational or anything, I'm a mellow person who is generally pretty chilled out, it's just tragic what has happened and I don't really see the point in prolonging it just in case the family is watching after the idiot on zoklet.

*/** Although RemadE has seen my facebook profile (I bare no resemblance to James), I've even posted a flight number I was on personally (type it in google - arrived at STN; London STaNstead) to demonstrate a geographic argument, I even mentioned coming on TeamSpeak to demonstrate my accent! Also, I posted a few pharmacological explanations regarding a topic or two prior to the forum transition (coincidentally, unlike TDR who I don't think was interested in chem/bio/pharma etc)...
    edited January 2012
    ^Was that a yes or a no?
    edited January 2012
    Not sure if it's a timezone thing or what - but your reply has only just appeared and I've made an edit with some extra points in.

In all seriousness though man, PM me if you want proof of who I am not. Unfortunately, as far as proof of where he is goes - all we can do is guess given he evidence that we've got to go on.

It's far from ideal, I agree with you on that.
    edited January 2012
    Proving who you are proves nothing in regard to the death of one James H. Barfield fomr Cape Town South Africa. If this person is real and if they died there will be an official record of that event. Until that record is presented I am treating this entire thing as a giant troll. So unless you have that official record take it up with one of the suckers who bought into this.
    edited January 2012
    Proving who you are proves nothing in regard to the death of one James H. Barfield fomr Cape Town South Africa. If this person is real and if they died there will be an official record of that event. Until that record is presented I am treating this entire thing as a giant troll. So unless you have that official record take it up with one of the suckers who bought into this.

Ah, Apologies - I had a feeling you were still insinuating I was James.

In this case, I agree. Be it for reasons of confirmation for those who have doubt over the situation, or closure for those who believe it. For that reason, I'm with you - I think it would be better for everyone concerned if we could have concrete proof.

I agree about official records, but unless someone in SA can clarify; is there a way to easily acquire such a record? I know Family History companies offer searches for these records; but from what I gather there is no central online database for SA that we can search.*

Otherwise, there's no real methods with which we could get concrete evidence. Even finding local websites (Loot, Craigslist, Gumtree etc) would be fruitless, as anyone could reply saying "Yeah, happened and the funeral was DD/MM/YY". Perhaps the best tact would be searching for details on the funeral; mentions on any church websites etc - I've given it a shot but it's been pretty pointless.

Perhaps further evidence would be going over the screenshots from when the news broke, looking up his friends profiles and looking for any mention of a funeral - any recent activity and so on..

*Unless you have full details of the event, but for security reasons (identity fraud used to be possible by stealing the details of someone that's deceased) I doubt anyone could order such a document.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited January 2012
    I've been watching the obituaries in the local papers with no luck. I've given up now. BTW Spectral didn't contact the family. He sent a message to one of his FB friends.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2012
    Muvva wrote: »
    I've tried mulitiple times to answer your threads. James is dead. I'm his mother. I'm looking for anything anyone can share with me about him.
    We can have a chat on Teamspeaks.
    edited February 2012
    I've tried mulitiple times to answer your threads. James is dead. I'm his mother. I'm looking for anything anyone can share with me about him.

If you are truly his Mother, download TeamSpeak and install it on your system and join me in there for a voice conversation. I will share an the audio recording of his last day in TeamSpeak with you. Should you rely with, I don't have a microphone or any other excuse for not speaking with me in TeamSpeak I will consider your account a troll account and simply delete it. If you truly are his mother and he is dead please understand my position. This is the underbelly of the internet and trolls love to try and play here. So there you have it the ball is in your court.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited February 2012
    BTW, can't download TeamSpeak -- get a msg that Safari can't connect to the page.

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
    edited March 2012
    Tks, tried using logic! Realised if he'd chatted to you, he must've downloaded TeamSpeak before (I'm on his Mac), so sure enough, it's here.

Geeez.... I have a son 19 almost 20. If he had killed himself and someone invited me to speak with them and share a recording of his last day on Earth I would have been in TeamSpeak rather than posting on a forum that I found TeamSpeak. So here is the deal, if you are not a troll and really are the mother of a deceased member of this board show up in TeamSpeak on 01MAR12 anytime between 12:00 noon GMT -5 and 12 midnight GMT-5 and I will apologize for my attitude whatever you may perceive it to be. Otherwise this account will be deleted and the IP banned. Oh, and being as you have informed us that you are using a MAC that already has TeamSpeak on it and Dark Kaiser has already connected to to our TeamSpeak server there is no excuse that you can't figure out how to connect. You have 18 hours and the clock is ticking.
    edited March 2012
    OK W/E Troll. YOu can use a MAC but you can't use TeamSpeak.

http://tserverhq.com/clients/knowledgebase/99/How-to-connect-to-a-Teamspeak-3-server.html

^Follow these instructions.

Put in this for the address.

ts84.light-speed.com:4723

Otherwise you are full of shit.