Got a Generator and a Camera

DfgDfg Admin
edited January 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Pictures will be posted shortly. I just bought a Gasoline Generator which offers auto start and can power up my new 1400W UPS which uses 2 batteries and can easily power my systems on heavy load. The camera is 16.1 MP Sony DSC - W570 which is quite decent and compared to other Camera's it was the only one I could go for. It can do 720p recording and has 8GB Memory, Two Batteries and one pouch.

Comments

• GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    DFG's got lots of money then :p lol Thats awesome, no more power cut-outs for you!! Also, 16.1 MP is awesome, cant wait to see photos that you take :D
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    No more blackouts then, Dfg eh? ;)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    DFG's got lots of money then :p lol Thats awesome, no more power cut-outs for you!! Also, 16.1 MP is awesome, cant wait to see photos that you take :D
    RemadE wrote: »
    No more blackouts then, Dfg eh? ;)

I also got a UPS upgrade, 4 hours of battery time. I will be posting images today.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    Hi res pics of the generator or it didn't happen.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    edited January 2012
    What are the specs on that generator?
    edited January 2012
    He is gonna electrocook Raven's weenie with that thing when he hooks it up wrong.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited January 2012
    He's gonna break it.
    edited January 2012
    What are the specs on that generator?

Funny thing that, I googled "denfoss AWS3500EBT" and guess what......

Nothing!
    Showing results for danfoss AWS3500EBT
    Search instead for denfoss AWS3500EBT

No results containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - danfoss AWS3500EBT - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    Try different keywords.
    Try more general keywords.
    Try fewer keywords.
    edited January 2012
    Probably some cheap Chinese knock off. If that's the case, I wouldn't connect my PC to that. It could lead to the unwanted release of the "magic smoke" :p
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    It's chinese.
    edited January 2012
    He's gonna connect it to Totseans and break it.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2012
    You better get good at rebuilding the head, fuck knows the number of cheap chinese knock off engines I have had to replace the valve oil seals on because they are shit. Did you also get a user manual that had not words but pictures of a sad face on the engine when it has no oil / petrol / valve clearences borked?
    edited January 2012
    I shouldn't worry, it's not like it's going to see a lot of use..........wait..........
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    dr rocker wrote: »
    You better get good at rebuilding the head, fuck knows the number of cheap chinese knock off engines I have had to replace the valve oil seals on because they are shit. Did you also get a user manual that had not words but pictures of a sad face on the engine when it has no oil / petrol / valve clearences borked?
    Yep, I had the pictures of those damned chinks in there but the problem is, every effing thing here is made in china and there are different qualities when it comes to Chinese products. I got a one year complete warranty and since the market is full of these Generators, I am sure if there is any trouble I will get it fixed easily on top of that, I don't think I would be using it too much, the new UPS runs on two truck sized batteries and the UPS can easily out put 1400W that alone takes care of everything. I got the Generator incase the power goes out for an extended period of time. In short, it might see a running time of 2 hours per week or even less. In short, I got the Generator for the UPS and I don't plan to use it extensively.
    chippy wrote: »
    I shouldn't worry, it's not like it's going to see a lot of use..........wait..........

Well, it does go out but so far the UPS has been handling everything without fail but stil it's good to know I have a backup if something does fuck up.
    edited January 2012
    Now all you need is a passport and a visa.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    Now all you need is a passport and a visa.
    And a hot American girl.