I've been robbed

chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
edited January 2012 in Spurious Generalities
I've been a member of a site for a couple of years called Tagged.

I've been playing a game on there where you buy and sell each other called pets. I've not bothered with it for a while, but in December last year I decided to have another go at it. I paid 2 lots of £10 to buy credits to work with using paypal. yesterday when I tried to log on it tells me my account has been deleted. I emailed them straight away about it, and haven't heard a word in 27 hours now. Not even an acknowledgement of my email. I have 30 days left to open a dispute with paypal. Not sure of my next step. Any advice?

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    The first would be collecting the data and making your claim. I guess you should check your paypal history and see how much money was used and then open up a dispute with Paypal. But it's wise to check Tagged ToS before taking any action.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    Make the claim with paypal without hesitation. They are a pain in the ass to deal with and the longer you wait the worse it it will be.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2012
    Make the claim with paypal without hesitation. They are a pain in the ass to deal with and the longer you wait the worse it it will be.

Exactly that. Seen to many people brushed off with bullshit to extend the time that they do not open a claim for only for PP to say 'well, you took your time opening a claim, you are on the wind up'.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited January 2012
    Tonight I tried to log in again. The message has changed to incorrect password, so they have un deleted my account. When I tried to ask for the forgotten password thingy, they sent an email to some address I never heard of. So it looks like my account was hacked. I've sent another email thanking them for un deleting my account and asking them to change my email address for contact, back to the same email address I use to sign in with. I'll give them another 24 hours then make a claim. I still have 29 days of the allowed 45 to make a claim.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    Paypal is horrible about settling claims. They are like a bank with no national regulations and if you think brick and mortar banks will fuck you Paypal will make them look like the Mother Teresa of lending.