On the subject of DKR

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited January 2012 in Spurious Generalities
During the recording of DKR he stated in response to chippy's comment "I am having a job understanding why you are taking the actions you are for reasons that you given." DKR replies. "Logically it is just as valid to say, I mean people will say why on earth would you do that? Logically it's just as valid to say why not. I mean it's going to happen eventually, all that you have built up in your life, you're not going to take it with you".

Well, I still don't buy this whole thing but that being said upon listening to the recording again tonight something struck me. I hate this planet and long for the day when I am done with it. But as much as I hate this world and most of the beings on it I know one thing that DKR does not. It is not about what you can take with you it is about what you can leave behind. It is not about what we get out of this world it is about what we leave this world with. So to DKR, where ever you are (London, Cape Town, Heaven, Hell, or in a bus garage in Buffalo NY, and to anyone else who does not get it, this life. this world, should be about what you can leave and not what you can take.

With that being said I am going to go leave a giant turd and dedicate it to all humanity.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    Well, that makes more sense. Seriously if you Kline yourself at least have people making a statue in your honor or something or call you a GOD or a Prophet otherwise don't bother.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    Ed Zachery
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    [QUOTE=TheDarkRodent;237203It is not about what you can take with you it is about what you can leave behind. It is not about what we get out of this world it is about what we leave this world with. [/QUOTE]

This. I'm a huge Social Darwinist with Eugenic tendencies because of my own condition - and during my very dark times I get a lot of my close friends - Tordek Battlehammer mostly, saying life is about what impact you can make on this earth. Not about the impact it leaves on you.
    Because if you let the world impact you, it's rarely positive. So twist, strangle and wrangle that bitch of a planet until it works for you.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    Well I have been wrestling with it for half a century and I am not sure about any lasting impact I may have made. But we never know how what we do today may affect things 50 years after we are gone. As for me my plan is ti get a porch and a rocking chair so I can sit and rock while I watch it burn.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2012
    Those currently alive have better opportunity than all of those that came before to leave something for the world with thanks to the internet. Your writings, drawings, pictures, anything you care to put on the internet have a better chance of survival than almost any mechanism of leaving something behind for future humanity in the past.

As for me, well, I have a child so I will at least leave behind genes that can be passed on. I have also got some very good soil going in areas I have gardened - so good in fact, anyone who has taken over ground I have worked for a few years has seen the difference I have made and continued with the principles I have used and I expect that quite a few of those will pass this on too.