Archer (TV show)

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited January 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Archer_2010_Intertitle.png

Watched this earlier today with a mate who has great taste in movies and TV shows..
IMDB wrote:
At ISIS, an international spy agency, global crises are merely opportunities for its highly trained employees to confuse, undermine, betray and royally screw each other. At the center of it all is suave master spy Sterling Archer, whose less-than-masculine code name is "Duchess." Archer works with his domineering mother Malory, who also is his boss. He also has to deal with his ex-girlfriend, Agent Lana Kane and her new boyfriend, ISIS comptroller Cyril Figgis, as well as Malory's lovesick secretary, Cheryl.

I cannot reccommend this enough. ToTSEan humour and a damn good storyline.

Season 1 Torrent

[URL="http://anonym.to?http://www.kat.ph/search/archer-season-2/]Season 2 Torrent[/URL]

Comments

• MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    lol, i've seen it, it can be pretty funny at times.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited April 2011
    It's a great show. I wish I could catch that shit more.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited April 2011
    Excellent show. Love the stuff H. John Benjamin does. Also check Bob's Burgers for different, yet equally funny quips.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Season 3 is now on the roll after a few months break. Waited up all night just to catch it. Am I allowed to post torrent links as the latest episode is rather hard to find? Nobody names it right...
  • imoscardotcomimoscardotcom Acolyte
    edited January 2012
    I loved most of the first 2 seasons; particularly the cancer episodes. Though unfortunately I haven't laughed nearly as hard at any of the latest episodes. :(

It's still better than nearly everything else on, but I hope they can take it in a new direction to keep it fresh.
    830px-Doubting_the_plan.png
    ... racist.

Edit: This weeks episode sounds like it could be good.
    "Cyril is promoted to field agent, while Malory institutes a strict drug testing policy for her employees. Neither of which sit well with the staff at ISIS."
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    That does sound pretty good actually. To be fair, Season 3 Episode 4 wasn't that funny. It had Burt Reynolds but that was it's only saving grace from the otherwise linear, predictable storyline. Hardly any witty comments and so I'll be waiting for the next one with baited breath.
    The Cancer ones were hilarious. Actually got me through my latest hospital stint.

"We need to talk about..whatever is in this IV!"
  • imoscardotcomimoscardotcom Acolyte
    edited January 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    That does sound pretty good actually. To be fair, Season 3 Episode 4 wasn't that funny. It had Burt Reynolds but that was it's only saving grace from the otherwise linear, predictable storyline. Hardly any witty comments and so I'll be waiting for the next one with baited breath.
    The Cancer ones were hilarious. Actually got me through my latest hospital stint.

"We need to talk about..whatever is in this IV!"

Agreed entirely, Burt and Archer's hilariously similar mannerisms were the only funny and original part of that episode. The rest of it was just stale running gags and a bunch of shit that probably wasn't very good as I can't remember it.

This weeks episode seems to have a guest writer of sorts; some student they hired out of a writing class. emerson.edu/news-events/emerson-college-today/student-writes-hit-fx-show I'm not entirely sure how to take this news. :rolleyes: Hopefully she has some new jokes at least.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited January 2012
    I usually laugh my ass off at this show, but due to a lack of cable I haven't seen it since the end of the first season. I'm just glad comedy central has another season of Futurama in the works.