SWTOR PvP

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited February 2012 in Spurious Generalities
So now that I have my bounty hunter up to lvl 41 of 50 I decided to try a bit of PvP action in the Warzones. For you WoW players think of the War Zones just like the Battle Grounds complete with ques. Let me talk a bit about spec'n out toons in SWTOR first though. The timeline in game is 3000 years before Luke, Vader, and their whole run. The Sith Empire and the old Republic are at an uneasy truce after a war that spanned the galaxy, left both sides diminished, saw Coruscant (at that time capital world of the Republic) bombarded and the Jedi Temple there decimated forcing the order to flee to Tython (the planet which saw the birth of the Jedi order some 20,000 years prior) while the Sith train on Korriban and rule their empire from Drummond Kass. There now stands an uneasy peace between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic.

So anyhow back to my bounty hunter. At level 10 all classes must choose a specialization and with that specialization comes a unique skills tree identical in it's operation to the talent tree in WoW. With 4 classes per faction this gives each faction 24 various paths to develop a character according to an individuals preferred style of play. With the bounty hunter you can choose between Mercenary or Powertech at level 10. The Merc wields dual blaster pistols and is a DPS path. While the Powertech only sports one blaster he has many more defensive bonuses and is a ranged tank. I know awesome right, a ranged tank. I chose the Merc build but wait, there is a healing tree in the Merc skills set. If you look at the Skill Calculator on TorHead you will see the Bodyguard build on the left. With about 90% of my skill points in the tree ATM I am like a ranged Paladin in WoW. Yup, that's right, like a Paladin (well anti paladin as I work collect bounties for the Sith) with dual blasters, mortars, nades, a flamethrower, stun devices, and even an energy shield (read pally bubble).

So the title of the thread read SWTOR PvP, I am getting to that so relax. In Bullwinkle J'moose's world PvP premiere at lvl 41 I came in 2nd in healing done, and 2nd in healing done, managed a respectable 11 kills, and only died once.

Clipboard02.png

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2012
    I am at a loss of words here. Can't wrap my head around any of this. It's like you're speaking some weird mumbo jumbo.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited February 2012
    I wish I had an internet connection at home, I would be all over The Old Republic. Also I miss Counter Strike.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2012
    I miss Day of Defeat but not CS, too many haxors in CS.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited February 2012
    I can understand where you are coming from tdr...

yeah it's cool to have a high score in day of defeat or cs...but in mmo's..it feels more satisfying because your opponent has spent a lot of time and effort to build his own character...only to be killed because his character build is more inferior than yours :hai: