Facebook is Creepy

DfgDfg Admin
edited February 2012 in Tech & Games
TdRTu.png

Read this on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/nkktm/facebook_is_really_creeping_me_out_with_this_how/

I actually saw this happen to me as well. It fucking mentions some friend I know IRL using an alt account. GIMME A BREAK!

Comments

• SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited December 2011
    Yeh it is flawed though, I had a hacking scare yesterday. Someone posted on my wall as me and I checked my sucurity and it said that my facebook was access from a few hundred Kms away (it said the exact location but thats irrelevant) but it was just my girlfriend Fraping me because I left my face book logged into her computer :rolleyes:

It has facial recognition too. like when I upload pictures it tags them for me. If we have access to this technology who knows what the Government has up its sleeve, Thats what really worries me.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited December 2011
    Just dont use face book if you dont want people watching every move you make.
    I set up an account 3 years ago and have never been back to it,I just cant get over how gay the thing is.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited December 2011
    good for scoring chicks that you know, and when partys are. but other wise yes it is very lame
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited February 2012
    Facebook? What's that?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2012
    I got this with an alt account. I think it looks up your IP location and matches it with people over a bit of time with your posting habits, interests etc (analysing status updates, page views etc) and can find people you may know - who you do.

I get it all the time with my one.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited February 2012
    I like facebook...it's cool to see how many people have changed over the years :P
    edited February 2012
    Lethargica wrote: »
    I like facebook...it's cool to see how many people have changed over the years :P

Or how many people have kids when they are way too young (in my eyes), so I sit back, sip some booze and enjoy my life :hai:
  • easy-eeasy-e Acolyte
    edited February 2012
    People don't realize how much personal information they give out on facebook. They post their phone numbers, addresses, check in everywhere they go, etc. The gps encoding in pictures isn't a big deal.
    edited February 2012
    I love infiltrating groups where people post their phone numbers up. Fucking eejits.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited February 2012
    Lethargica wrote: »
    I luv you & shit bro, In the most homoist way you could imagine. But likers are kikers & they failed during the time of the imaginary christ and they'll fail now. "Facebook is an update for public census" without the financial paperwork."