Swansea University put up toilet cultural awareness posters

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited February 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Ah when I was trained to look after Students at my University we wre told about this, especially the whole toilet thing. Among others there were cooking smells and waking hours (as Students complain bout that, whereas I find it fascinating). Anyway, the fact this University have to put up signs to stop Asian Students from not standing and squatting on the toilet seats.
It does happen.
Posters have gone up around a university campus instructing students on how to use the toilet properly.

Swansea University says it has produced them to help address cultural differences.

The posters include images showing students what they should and should not do.

Source.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2012
    And they say Asians are smart. In the use we learn to use the toilet at around 18 - 20 months old. I mean by the time we enter higher learning we have that one pretty much mastered.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited February 2012
    The reason they do it is hygiene. These posters are stupid. They know how to use a toilet, they just don't want to.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Beaver, you'd be surprised at how stupid some Students are. I was informed today by a former &ToTSEan that they managed to convince one of their housemates that another of them was allergic to water and they broke the news to him at a party tonight. The best bit was when the person who was being joked around threw a snowball at the "victim", he apologised unreservedly as snow is frozen water essentially.

But yes, Asian students don't like using communal toilets as they think it's really unhygienic to put your arse where hundreds of others have been.
    Thank fuck I have an en-suite.
  • JackedJacked Regular
    edited February 2012
    Yer lets not put skin to toilet paper to seat, but rather take a dump n piss from 2 feet up and mayb miss and spray everywhere ... Verry fuking hygienic. Its the basic most mundane task every human does with no exception and some people can't do it. Like how many times have u seen shit on a wall or on a seat in public toilets?! You think to yourself " how the fuk did they do that!"
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2012
    So based on what I already know and what I have learned from this thread is that if you have a public restroom that is frequented by blacks and Asians yoy would have piss and shit everywhere with all the toilets left unflushed.