Post Apocalypse book.......

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited February 2012 in Spurious Generalities
So I have this blank A4 Pukka Pad (200 pages with dividers) and was thinking (in my frequent Post Apocalyptic moods) to make a book full of survival tips, maps, bartering bits and anything else that could come in handy if the shit were to ever hit the fan and I couldn't access my vast amount of .PDF guides on survival.
tumblr_lr3kdsoywn1r0xwylo1_400.jpg

However as you can see I wrote "whatever else", so I was wondering - if you were making a Post Apocalypse book to keep you going, what would you put in? Basic medical bits, phonetic alphabet, emergency radio frequencies etc? Just spitballing for ideas really as I'm in a writing mood and have been meaning to do this for a while.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Fuck the double post, I was thinking skills like this. Got a variety.
    http://preparedcitizenwsg.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-harvest-natural-yeast.html

Could blur this with the Great Outdoors subsection.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited February 2012
    There was an interesting thread on totse (I think it was a month or two before it died) about what to put in a book if you went time travelling or something like that I only vaguely remember mind you!
    time%20travel%20shirt.jpg
    edited February 2012
    Ah I remember that infographic. Total headfuck. Begun to write about shelter bits. Watched a few survival programs and looked at what they thought was important.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited February 2012
    I'm getting and storing gear and supplies and noting down useful info in case shit hits the fan.
  • imoscardotcomimoscardotcom Acolyte
    edited February 2012
    I guess I would include information on electricity (generation, wiring etc.), engine maintenance/alternative fuel production, hydro/aquaponics/general gardening techniques and some basic medicine. Probably wouldn't bother with much else as I would most likely be too busy trying to survive.

edit: Oh, also some generic outdoor survival info, ray mears type shit.
    edited February 2012
    Ah, electrical diagrams. Now that is handy. Cheers!