Tracking a cell phone.

proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
edited April 2012 in Tech & Games
Is it something that can be done with relative ease?

I lost my phone 3 days ago...no idea where it was...I really just want my phone back.

*whoops*

If somebody can help me out, I'll give you an e cookie.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Unless you had an app installed which allows you to trace your phone using GPS, I'm not sure how much luck you're going to have. Was your phone stolen? If it was then you might be able to get the police involved, in which case they could easily trace it. Or you could try contacting your provider and see which cell towers your phone has recently connected to?

This is assuming it hasn't been turned off.

Oh, and personally I wouldn't post my number on the internet ;) But that's just me, lol.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited April 2012
    ...I was kinda hoping to NOT involve the police...but I guess that's just about the only option. hahah
    edited April 2012
    And yeah, it was basically stolen--somebody was calling ppl from my number trying to sell 30's. But my friends are too dumb to realize they could've just asked to meet him instead of being like: "hey, why do you have my friend's phone?"

..and by basically, I mean that i left it somewhere, and somebody took it.

oi vey
  • edited April 2012
    Try going to your provider first. See if they can help you track it down, or even get a general location. I'm sure you'll have to provide some personal details to prove your identity but it's much better than going to the cops!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2012
    Things you do when you're fucked:
    A) Guess the general location of the incident.
    B) Reset all your passwords in case he tries to get access to your accounts via the cell phone.
    C) Contact your provider and ask them is there a way to recover your phone or disable it completely. It can be done on modern phones.
    D) Contact the police, file the complaint and hopefully you will be able to get a new phone.

But basically always install an APP that will track your phone especially if it has a GPS. I would more or less use a security software to lock down the phone remotely as well.
    edited April 2012
    Thankfully somebody I know found it and gave it back.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2012
    proudclod9 wrote: »
    Thankfully somebody I know found it and gave it back.
    Well, this is a sign from the Universe.