DIY antigravity castle

OnTheFringeOnTheFringe Acolyte
edited June 2012 in Life
I was reading the evil genius series ebooks and hard copy versions of projects for the evil genius, and was thinking about the antigravity machine they had listed. By far, people should be creating floating castles by now - if you think about it.

How could you make an antigravity castle?

as far as I can tell, the only major barrier is finding a large enough magnet , but we have the technology people. I'll post the scematics if i find them.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Well, if the Castle is building using toothpicks than I am use it can be done. The only problem I see is balancing the damn thing. The magnets would always keep pushing it upwards but it will tilt to one side and flip. I mean try turning a speaker with a big magnet and see what happens. And in order for the magnet to work, there should be an opposing charge on the ground. It's impractical in this way. But if you can find another source than it can be done. Google Moving Castle, it's a movie that features a moving Castle.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited June 2012
    Do you mean a castle that floats, or a castle built to accommodate floating people?
  • cry0cry0 Regular
    edited June 2012
    It's not magnets, it's an ion wind. It's a great concept, but can't hold much weight. Think of the machine as a fan that only blows metal objects. Notice how much wind it takes to lift a peice of paper 10 feet, that's the size fan you build in that book. Now... how big of a fan do you need to lift a person? Or better yet, a house? And already the emitter is about the size of a small vacuum cleaner.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    I am thinking butt ion gun. Seriously if it can be developed you would be floating in air, fuck man I wouldn't have to sit on chair. I should patent this idea.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited June 2012