Virginia, anyone?

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited July 2012 in Life
So I was chatting to my Nan yesterday and we have been invited to stay at a Family friends' place in Virginia for a fortnight.

My Nan is into the older stuff as we have family ties to Pocahontas (honest to god), and so wants to go to Jamestown etc.

Personally, the first thing I looked up was the Marijuana law there. Quite strict as far as I can tell. The next best thing is a shooting gallery. Would love to go shoot off a few rounds.

As of yet I do not know whereabouts in Virginia I will be staying but I will post here when I do know.
So, any opinions on the State? Anything noteworthy to do? Looking pretty forward to it. Just gotta make sure I'm cool by next year (yep, November 2013) as I don't fancy taking all my drinks/meds with me like every holiday in the past 6 years.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2012
    The best thing to do in Virginia is to rent a car, drive to Florida, and get stoned with me.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    ^I second that notion. That is the best solution.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2012
    It's only like a seven hour drive.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited July 2012
    You could go see the site of the battle of Manassas, or check out some old plantations turned museums, a lot of the shit to do there is going to be historical sites. Mind you I have never been there, I'm just going on what I've been told. I would advise you to be wary of cops in the south, no matter where your at they all have a small town, I am the law, attitude.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2012
    The funny thing is, I hope to get licensed to drive soon. My Sister beat me to it as I was more interested in buying drugs and being a dick. So that may be a possibility! In all honesty, the first thing I thought of was "right, how far to Florida?".

As for the South and History, I think that is one of the big things that my Nan wants to go for. And me, to an extent. When it comes to the Southern Cops, I will just have to pretend I like Sex, Drugs (alcohol, of course...none of that marryjoowaarna) and being on the Dole. So will need to be a real man (oh the Borat scenes flashing through my head now) and just pretend they have the bigger dick.
    Thanks for the name places. Will make a note of those and when I am teaching my Nan how to use Google Maps (already got the basics of Word and the Internet) I'll show her these places :)

And also a life of sex, drugs and on the dole is quite fun.
    edited July 2012
    Update: Found out the nearest Town to the place we will be staying in (assuming it all goes to plan etc etc) is Charlottesville.

Loving the above-average crime rate there :eek: Yee haw!
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited July 2012
    Go see Monticello, primary plantation of Thomas Jefferson its supposed to be really cool. Besides Thomas Jefferson is Americas first celebrity stoner.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent sitting on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." - Thomas Jefferson
    edited July 2012
    I was gonna say, Jefferson sounds a pretty chill guy. Will tell my Nan about that later today. Got to love some of his quotes. What a lad.
    Cheers for the input :)