Neil, Man You Were Awesome & Honest to GOD an Inspiration

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2012 in Life
YdEab.jpg

Words can describe how sad I am today, he did something I always dreamed of doing and now he has passed away. There is a rumor for a kickstarter campaign that will bury his ashes on the Moon but that's beside the point. It just feels a bit weird man, losing someone you don't even know yet you still care for them or look up to them. I have been a fan of NASA space projects for a while now, I respect these hard working men and their quest for knowledge and truth and it just feels sad to lose a warrior. I mean one you go to Moon your package should automatically be upgraded to immortal.

The fact that Lance armstrong, another guy I looked up to got stripped for using drugs and losing Neil, man it's too much to take. Give me a break. I guess it's time to find someone else that can inspire me, that's why I stick with Anime characters like Naruto. At least they don't die.

*sniff sniff*.

RIP Neil, wish I could write more about you but I am just emotional exhausted.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2012
    I watched live as a 6 year old when he made that historic step.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2012
    I guess this officially makes it his 'one last step'.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited August 2012
    It's very possible that in 50 years there will be no one alive that has set foot on the moon.

Armstrong always struck me as a humble somewhat shy guy.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2012
    It's very possible that in 50 years there will be no one alive that has set foot on the moon.

Armstrong always struck me as a humble somewhat shy guy.
    I think the thing I liked about him was he didn't come across as a blow arse.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Even made me sad :( at first I thought it was a bit of a dodgy case as he died following medical treatment but hey. What would I know.

All that I do is that he has done what I dream of doing my entire life, and will always respect him for being possibly the ballsiest guy in history who inspired generations.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited August 2012
    Neil Armstrong and the others on that mission were always people I looked up too. I can't imagine the kind of balls it must have required to actually go through with that mission as at the time it was widely believed by the astronauts themselves that it was a suicide mission. Anyone who can look the prospect of a cold, lonely, death on a dead satellite unfathomable distances from their nearest loved one in the eye and say "Fuck you I'm doing it" is a hero in every sense of the word. Check out the mission failure speech they had prepped and ready to go, give me fucking chills reading it http://www.laphamsquarterly.org/voices-in-time/plan-b.php
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2012
    Arkansan wrote: »
    Neil Armstrong and the others on that mission were always people I looked up too. I can't imagine the kind of balls it must have required to actually go through with that mission as at the time it was widely believed by the astronauts themselves that it was a suicide mission. Anyone who can look the prospect of a cold, lonely, death on a dead satellite unfathomable distances from their nearest loved one in the eye and say "Fuck you I'm doing it" is a hero in every sense of the word. Check out the mission failure speech they had prepped and ready to go, give me fucking chills reading it http://www.laphamsquarterly.org/voices-in-time/plan-b.php

A1WVCbQCEAAEJif.jpg