Totse Text-File Archive

edited September 2012 in Spurious Generalities
I was just flicking around on Reddit when I came across this post (submitted just 12 minutes ago, actually!) by someone called Vikingsword. Basically, he is putting together an archive of all the text-files from Totse.com which I think is a pretty cool idea. We no longer host those text files here on Totseans.com so maybe we could establish a link partnership with this guy or something. Whatever happens, I thought I'd share the site with you all :thumbsup:

The site is nothing more than a simple Blogspot subdomain, but it works nicely. The text files are all posted as individual blog posts, and the "hot topics" section makes site navigation a breeze when looking for particular articles. The owner is also apparently looking for submissions, probably just in case he misses something or doesn't have every text-file. If you have anything to add, you can submit it to him through the gmail address listed on the website - totsearchive(at)gmail(dot)com.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2012
    Posted there.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2012
    I was thinking of advertising my stoner tip (about roaches I did the other week) on /r/stonerprotips to get some attention, too. Don't want to get banned from their board thou...oh fuck it, may as well. Can't hurt.

Also just so you know, I have JotaPad on my phone so write these guides while taking a dump. Thought I'd tell you all :D
  • edited August 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    I was thinking of advertising my stoner tip (about roaches I did the other week) on /r/stonerprotips to get some attention, too. Don't want to get banned from their board thou...oh fuck it, may as well. Can't hurt.

Also just so you know, I have JotaPad on my phone so write these guides while taking a dump. Thought I'd tell you all :D

Feel free to post it, just don't go all out and spammy if it doesn't get much attention. That's when they get annoyed and you could get banned :D But yeah, no harm in sharing some information!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2012
    Talked to him, we might have something in the works.
  • edited August 2012
    That's awesome. It's always good to work with others when both parties have something to offer!
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited August 2012
    I remember reading those things when i was 14. This was an important pivot during my formative years:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    The following was written shortly after my arrest...

\/\The Conscience of a Hacker/\/

by

+++The Mentor+++

Written on January 8, 1986
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Another one got caught today, it's all over the papers. "Teenager
    Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal", "Hacker Arrested after Bank Tampering"...
    Damn kids. They're all alike.

But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
    ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker? Did you ever wonder what
    made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?
    I am a hacker, enter my world...
    Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of
    the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me...
    Damn underachiever. They're all alike.

I'm in junior high or high school. I've listened to teachers explain
    for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. "No, Ms.
    Smith, I didn't show my work. I did it in my head..."
    Damn kid. Probably copied it. They're all alike.

I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is
    cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I
    screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me...
    Or feels threatened by me...
    Or thinks I'm a smart ass...
    Or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here...
    Damn kid. All he does is play games. They're all alike.

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through
    the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is
    sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is
    found.
    "This is it... this is where I belong..."
    I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to
    them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...
    Damn kid. Tying up the phone line again. They're all alike...

You bet your ass we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at
    school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip
    through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or
    ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us will-
    ing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the
    beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying
    for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and
    you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek
    after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color,
    without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals.
    You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us
    and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is
    that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.
    My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
    for.

I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual,
    but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.

+++The Mentor+++
    _______________________________________________________________________________

Those files would be great for SEO.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2012
    They were formative in my teens, too :D my first girlfriend saw the file "How to have nasal sex" when I was round hers an it all went downhill from there lol. But thanks to the text files I am who I am today.

Even if that does mean I'm not in line with the rest of society.
  • IdiosyncrasyIdiosyncrasy Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2012
    Not to spam a link, but I also know of a good totse archive. Let me know if you are interested, but good find.
  • edited August 2012
    Not to spam a link, but I also know of a good totse archive. Let me know if you are interested, but good find.

Go ahead man, post it in here :thumbsup: The more people that find these websites and read the information, the better!
  • greenspam2012greenspam2012 Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2012
    What I love is I know Archive bought out waybackmachine.. or was it the other way around? and how totse in 2001 suddenly went from the spider showing search dates throughout the entire year to may-sept (or sept 26) suddenly showing no activity... during the time the threatening post in detail of how 9-11-01 was going to go down. With the Pentagon being hit by a highjack plane to that of the WTC and possibly the white house, CIA headquarters and even the Capital Building with possibly all the senators and govenors being inside that very day.. oh how it was all removed. But who runs Archive dot org? who runs waybackmachine? and why was it removed. Jeff.. you have a lot of friends and a lot of power. You wouldnt happen to know the fuckers who threaten to kill my brother than did so.. would you? just curious. Or the guys who tried to kill me on my motorcycle by pinning me. trying to remove me from this mud ball isn't exactly the smartest thing right now. Not saying you would or anyone you know.. it was just in question since you did make a comment that came off threatening some 11 years ago. I have gathered many videos. But it seems people in Government and Hollywood and other Entertainment fields have a fancy for ....?