Fingerprints

MayberryMayberry Regular
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
Let's say someone is to put something in a public place. Wearing gloves would make him look out of place, and using his sleeves to cover his hands would be too clumsy. What's the best alternative to prevent leaving fingerprints?

Comments

• JFLC BGJFLC BG Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Two coats of model airplane glue on the fingers. Tried and trusted method used by the infamous Zodiac killer.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    Is that easily removable?
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wear a pair of latex under some normal winter gloves (provided the weather is right).
  • JFLC BGJFLC BG Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Is that easily removable?

Yup. Easily removable with a fingernail file. For the sake of convenience, you may wish to scrape large portions of the glue off prior to sanding it with the fingernail file. This should speed the process up, as you will have less material to file.

By the way, I recommend that you glue each digit of your finger individually, leaving a small bit of space in-between digits; rather than gluing each finger as a whole. This should allow for more ease of mobility.
  • edited July 2010
    I think they have like glue remover. And I'm not sure, but I heard nail polish remover will take it off.
  • TripsitTripsit Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Use a plastic bag, like a department store bag and carefully stretch your finger, one at a time through the plastic, if done right it should break off in a very tight sleeve like manor. Use the right colored bag and most people might not notice your shiny fingers.
  • JFLC BGJFLC BG Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I think they have like glue remover. And I'm not sure, but I heard nail polish remover will take it off.

Ah, yeah I forgot about nail polish remover. That would probably work.
  • edited July 2010
    Go for the glue method. Put as many coats on as you need man, then use nail polish remover or white spirit to remove it.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wouldn't you have to cover your whole hand with glue to avoid a palm print?
  • grayboygrayboy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Put your gloved hands in your pocket?
    edited July 2010
    ^Will have to take them out eventually.

Thanks for the input gais, will get this all tested :cool:
  • RuptureRupture Regular
    edited July 2010
    Burn off your fingertips?
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Rupture wrote: »
    Burn off your fingertips?

:facepalm:

Why would you do that? It's essential for biometric scannings.
    edited July 2010
    ^Plus they could identify you by your scars
  • minor69nerminor69ner Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    JFLC BG wrote: »
    Two coats of model airplane glue on the fingers. Tried and trusted method used by the infamous Zodiac killer.

AKA greyfox LMAO
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    liquid bandage works great