Back from another trip

angryonionangryonion Just some guy
edited July 2013 in Life
So me and the wife took a trip down to the island nation of Nevis & St Kitts last week.
Pretty cool place the people there are for the most part very polite and respectful and they expect the same from you.
The people there are doing things that amazed me they have a wind farm that provides electricity and a geothermal plant that will be completed soon,I love this sort of thing because they wont need oil to get by.
Energy Independence is the goal and I love the idea but they still have some other things to overcome and that is poverty.I drove through a few areas where the houses had no running water everyone got there water from a communal tap.
The line between the haves and have not"s is huge.
The house I stayed at was beautiful,small but very nice.The home is owned by a guy named Bruce McCall he did the cover illustrations for the New Yorker magazine for years, google his name, he seems like a guy I would like to meet someday,he did a TED conference a while back.
Well if you want any questions answered add to this thread.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2013
    How many Pakistan's did you see there? Were there clubs? How open were people about things and do tell about the religion.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited April 2013
    I didn't spot any Paki's but that don't mean that there aren't any.
    As far as religion goes there were a ton of churches,all different denominations.Most of the people I met were very polite except for this one 10 year old kid I kept bumping into.
    Every time I saw this kid I would smile and say hello,he would just glare at me like he wanted to stab me in the face or something.
    As far as clubs go i didn't see any but I never went into the main town,too much traffic, they drive on the left and have runabouts or rotaries.I know I'm a pussy but really did not want an accident.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited April 2013
    What's the fishing like bro?
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited April 2013
    I didn't go fishing, I was sick most of the week,stomach bug on the way down and a head cold to finish,the thought of getting on a boat was to much.
    There was a a place too charter a boat.
    edited April 2013
    angryonion wrote: »
    I didn't go fishing, I was sick most of the week,stomach bug on the way down and a head cold to finish,the thought of getting on a boat was to much.
    There was a a place too charter a boat.
    Looks like nice prime fishing water. :(
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited July 2013
    all ive been catching is pike
    edited July 2013
    Aren't Pike those fresh water fish with those kick ass teeth?
    edited July 2013
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Aren't Pike those fresh water fish with those kick ass teeth?

en9f.jpg
    northern pike

yeah every one ive caught so far has been under legal size which is 24 in gota use long needle noise pliers to remove the hook/lure or they can take your fingers off. defiently a fish you dont want to kiss.

you may also be talking about a musky (muskelung) looks just like a pike but bigger with bigger teeth. there legal size is 40 in here. i have yet to catch one.

the river monster guy did a show about pike

http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/river-monsters/videos/the-predatory-pike.htm

cant wait for salmon season have yet to catch one they run right threw here in ludington michigan
    edited July 2013
    Are they edible? The look like they have tasty lookin fillets on em.
    edited July 2013
    oh yeah and theres lots of meat better then bass they get pretty damn big
    edited July 2013
    That's one big assed fish bro.

The reason I asked if they were edible is because fresh water fish here tend to have a slightly muddy taste. Rainbow trout are ok when smoked I guess but my preference is salt water fish.