I'm a Secret Agent Now

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited January 2014 in Spurious Generalities
Okay well, not really but close enough for my humdrum life of boredom to let me have fun making believe. Here's the long and short of it.

I frequent the local McDonald's to use the free wifi (I am now actually) and torrent like crazy unbeknownst to others. Whilst doing this just the other day I pulled my earplugs out to answer a call from my mother. After a brief conversation I waited before putting them back in and what I heard changed my average day into a fun investigative drama.

There was a man sitting at a table not too far away and he spoke to the employee who was taking out the trash telling him that the manager of restaurant place thing where I work had given him a case of 24 ribeye steaks. This immediately set me into a fury which I swallowed in order to act appropriately (which I did not). I waited until the two of them were finished talking. Apparently the man was trying to sell the steaks to whoever he could. I should have gone about this a different way but I didn't think it out before getting up approach him.

I asked the man "Did you get those steaks from a manager at the (hometown) store?" and he immediately was set on edge. He started lying saying "No it was the one in (nearby town)." I knew this was a lie because I've been working for this restaurant on and off for nigh on 8 years. He then changed his mind and said the steaks came from nearby town 2 with a similar name. This other nearby town does have a restaurant place thing under the same name as the one where I work but his fumble made me disbelieve. I asked him if it was during the day or night and he replied night. I only work at night and am very observant of questionable activities though I'm no snitch. I've never told on anyone for taking dead food home or drinking on the job. I would definitely have noticed an entire case of ribeyes being given away. Going along with my hunch that his supplier was from the place where I work I regarded this as another lie. His fidgety body language agreed with my assumption.

Finally I asked him who the manager was. He asked me "Why? Are you the cops or something?" and I told him "No, I'm a pissed off mother fucker who can't get a raise only because food keeps going missing and our AVT is fucked!" People looked and I glanced and changed my disposition.

AVT means Actual vs. Theoretical food cost. If that's not obvious enough its is a calculation of how much food goes unaccounted for during a period. If the AVT is high then cooks cannot get raises. I really need to make more money but can't get a second job until I work out a better life schedule so learning about the theft really pissed me off. Thus the emotional outburst in public which did and does still embarrass me.

I went back to my table and was going to have done with it and simply inform my kitchen manager whom I knew was not the one because her job was seriously on the line for this very reason. After a few minutes this guy approaches me and tells me that he will give me the "dude's name" if I give him some money. This narrowed the suspects down substantially because there are only three men who would claim to be manager's in my area (two of which aren't actually managers but have a little bit more responsibility than the normal kitchen rat). I told him that he just told me who it was without giving me a name.

Some time later the employee he was talking with about selling the steaks approached me and asked if we were looking for a dishwasher and that he had experience. He was under the impression that I was a manager because his friend had told him so. I told him that we were always looking for more workers but that he would have to talk to the managers about pay.

Later I went to my workplace and talked to the kitchen manager who contacted the area manager who decided that it would be worth it to pay this man for the thief's name. He then gave me the task of staking out this McDonald's until I can get more information either from the employee or from the guy with the stolen steaks if he happens to walk in again.

With my help I will get a raise and while I'm at the task he will foot the bill for anything I decide to order within reason (I can't just buy the store and not get any info). So for the next few days I'm getting free coffee with breakfast and lunch. I really don't like McDonald's food but I'm fucking poor and free food is always welcome. Hell it's much better than the ramen that I usually eat for every meal. All this and I get to pretend that I'm a secret agent waiting for my contact to arrive to make him a proposal. I can't wait to say something like "I'm on official corporate business" to one of the workers if they decide to bother me about being here for hours.

TL;DR

My area manager is paying for me to pig out at McDonald's while I stake out for a guy with info about a corporate thief.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2014
    Hahha, that's great but if you intent to save up:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Frugal/

Use the sub-reddit. it has all kinds of awesome tips. Hell you can compile some tips (which I was planning to do btw) and test them.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2014
    Good for you and your principles of ethics Mr torrent like crazy unbeknownst to others. :D
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited January 2014
    I know right. This really nice milf asked me how to access the internet and told me that it was her first time and so I showed her how. She was happy and so excited for whatever reason until she realized how fucking slow the speed was. Normally it isn't so bad but I've had 4 torrents running for the past few hours. She left only a few minutes later looking very frustrated.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2014
    I know right. This really nice milf asked me how to access the internet and told me that it was her first time and so I showed her how. She was happy and so excited for whatever reason until she realized how fucking slow the speed was. Normally it isn't so bad but I've had 4 torrents running for the past few hours. She left only a few minutes later looking very frustrated.

I can help you with some torrent or movies you want bro?

Just make a thread and list the things you want, I will Dropbox them for you. Provided they're small in size.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited January 2014
    A whole case? Shit man, sounds like theft is rampant at your workplace.
    edited January 2014
    Yes but I think they have fired the guy who was doing it. I've made some progress. The guy apparently comes in every other day and I talked with him today. He conveniently forgot the person's name but says he's willing to describe him. I told him to get a name and I'd talk to him about it again and in the mean time I would be here most days.

Dfg wrote: »
    I can help you with some torrent or movies you want bro?Just make a thread and list the things you want, I will Dropbox them for you. Provided they're small in size.

Thanks a lot that's very nice of you good sir. Here is a short list of movies I haven't seen or would like to see again that I don't have. You're swell!
    Boy in the Striped Pajamas
    The Dark Knight Rises
    The Departed
    Gangs of New York
    Pineapple Express
    Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
    Inglorious Bastards
    Papillion
    The Great Escape
    No Country for Old Men
    There Will be Blood
    3:10 to Yuma
    Riddick
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2014
    edited January 2014
    I've noticed with many music vids during that period that guys singing to the cameras always look kinda look constipated. I could be wrong here, perhaps it's just the brightness of the lights. Since power was a lot cheaper then than it is now I hear lights then were equivalent to growing lamps. Perhaps you could verify this theory of mine TDR bro. :confused:
    edited January 2014
    Stage lighting used to be so hot it could cause shrooms to grow in your underwear. Which is why I stopped wearing it in 1978.
    edited January 2014
    Fucking LoL! ^ :D:D:D
    edited January 2014
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2014
    Yes but I think they have fired the guy who was doing it. I've made some progress. The guy apparently comes in every other day and I talked with him today. He conveniently forgot the person's name but says he's willing to describe him. I told him to get a name and I'd talk to him about it again and in the mean time I would be here most days.

Thanks a lot that's very nice of you good sir. Here is a short list of movies I haven't seen or would like to see again that I don't have. You're swell!
    Boy in the Striped Pajamas
    The Dark Knight Rises
    The Departed
    Gangs of New York
    Pineapple Express
    Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
    Inglorious Bastards
    Papillion
    The Great Escape
    No Country for Old Men
    There Will be Blood
    3:10 to Yuma
    Riddick

I got that one, why don't I just upload the movies I have (they're all BD's)
    edited January 2014
    Okie dokie. Whatever works for you bro.