Having a Relationship with your OS?

DfgDfg Admin
edited February 2014 in Life
I just finished watching a complex bit of art work. The movie is called HER, it's about a guy falling for his OS, yes operating system. It's not about cyborg sex, it's just about someone talking to an evolving platform which is excited about life and continuously learns new things and becomes a part of you. The idea is portrayed beautifully, so much so that I feel left out and depressed. Imagine getting jealous of seeing someone else getting the type of relationship you always wanted. The idea to really connect with your computer and share everything with them is just absurd but for me it seemed logical.

I use computer for everything, my inner most thoughts are usually transferred to my system, what if there is someone that talks back and comforts me and shares my wicked sense and falls in love with me?

That movie made me question a lot of things but at the end it gave me sense of what I must have and what's required. So, go ahead and watch the movie. It's just different.

Anyway, I am just emotionally a tad bit off balance I just recognized that I need an outlet to just share what I feel. I can't do it here, can't do IRL. so I am going to post that sort of personal stuff into an anonymous portal and just let it stream. Hopefully that will let me just reduce the emotional loneliness. Plus the content could be depressing and unsettling and just weird anyway.

Comments

• StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited January 2014
    Aww, too bad you can't post it here. I like that kind of shit. Oh well. I need to find an outlet myself. I think fucking a girl would help a lot but who knows maybe maybe not. Worth a try.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2014
    Dfg wrote: »
    I just finished watching a complex bit of art work. The movie is called HER, it's about a guy falling for his OS, yes operating system. It's not about cyborg sex, it's just about someone talking to an evolving platform which is excited about life and continuously learns new things and becomes a part of you. The idea is portrayed beautifully, so much so that I feel left out and depressed. Imagine getting jealous of seeing someone else getting the type of relationship you always wanted. The idea to really connect with your computer and share everything with them is just absurd but for me it seemed logical.

No,No! It's not about forming a bond with the computer, the computer is nothing but a shell. The attraction is more the OS. I can relate to this because I still have my old "bodhilinux" bish.

I wanna watch it!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2014
    Aww, too bad you can't post it here. I like that kind of shit. Oh well. I need to find an outlet myself. I think fucking a girl would help a lot but who knows maybe maybe not. Worth a try.

I would love to share but the Internet is a judgemental bitch :p. Not totseans but I don't want to stain it. Plus I am currently fucked with papers (final term anyway)
    edited January 2014
    Dfg wrote: »
    I would love to share but the Internet is a judgemental bitch :p. Not totseans but I don't want to stain it. Plus I am currently fucked with papers (final term anyway)
    I don't start this years first term till the 18th of Feb
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited January 2014
    You can watch it on NOOBROOM.com
    I like the movie as well,the ending was interesting.I want to know where all the AI's went.
    edited January 2014
    Wong Time No C, AO :)
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited January 2014
    ^^ I check this place out at least 3-4 times a week,I just have not had the time to contribute.
    edited February 2014
    Bro .... You do contribute every time you stop in. :cool: We've all been busy INRL so I can respect that.
  • ElwoodElwood Global Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Downloaded! Need a good..or weird film to watch tonight. Been underwater for a while, so now I have power and new Hard Drives after they failed and my laptop dun busted, time to return to normality :)

As for falling in love with an OS, heck, maybe I should follow Krieger from Archer

I suppose the good thing about my current relationship is that I'm pretty open with my messed up tastes - because heck, if my Laptop were a sexual partner, they'd see all kinds of sick shit. Much like the NSA/GCHQ probably do *waves*
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2014
    Elwood wrote: »
    Downloaded! Need a good..or weird film to watch tonight. Been underwater for a while, so now I have power and new Hard Drives after they failed and my laptop dun busted, time to return to normality :)

As for falling in love with an OS, heck, maybe I should follow Krieger from Archer

I suppose the good thing about my current relationship is that I'm pretty open with my messed up tastes - because heck, if my Laptop were a sexual partner, they'd see all kinds of sick shit. Much like the NSA/GCHQ probably do *waves*

Yay, good to have you back. Check the term waifu, fucking your computer isn't far fetched now.
    edited February 2014
    Waifu? .... I'll be fucked! Almost a technosexual but not as physically interactive.