The Most Difficult Song You Can Play

Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Well, as the name says, post the most difficult song you can play. Upload a video of you playing it to youtube and post it on here if you want. Any instrument is acceptable. Songs you've made up are also acceptable.

My camera is shit otherwise I would put one up, but the most difficult full song that I can play is probably Parabola by Tool.

Comments

• SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    I can play the Pink Panther theme tune on Bass!

I would upload a video but I don't have a video camera.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    I can play happy birthday. Thats right im that badass.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    On the bass. Sinister Minister by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. I probably cant play it so well now, but I performed the whole song including the solo for drumline competitions in highschool.

On guitar, Im currently learning blackwater park by opeth.

Maybe one day Ill make a few videos of me playing some songs, cuz I know most people wont believe me.:o
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    ^
    Well i doubt anyone would lie about this kinda stuff. If you cant play anything you just dont post. There fore if you post what you can it would take a complete faggot to not believe you.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    True, but I still wanna make a video so I can show off how good I am at bass :o
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Haha good point man.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited July 2010
    True, but I still wanna make a video so I can show off how good I am at bass :o

Yeah same here. Except on guitar. I would but my camera always makes a weird clicking sound when its recording and that gets on the video as well. So I can't until I get a new camera
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    I just get the live show so s'all good.
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited July 2010
    You don't say what instrument you play Parabola on :)

For me it's probably Ticks and Leeches (Tool) on the drums. Working on learning Coheed and Cambria - Guns of Summer now, easily the most complicated song I've ever tried to learn.
    edited July 2010
    Vermicide wrote: »
    You don't say what instrument you play Parabola on :)

For me it's probably Ticks and Leeches (Tool) on the drums. Working on learning Coheed and Cambria - Guns of Summer now, easily the most complicated song I've ever tried to learn.

I play it on guitar. It sounds like it would be extremely difficult on the drums though. Danny Carey is easily on my top 5 list of favorite drummers. This right here is partially why:

Ticks and Leeches is also pretty epic. I started learning that on guitar as well
    edited July 2010
    Nice video, Danny Carey is the reason I still play the drums, so fun playing his parts.

Edit: And Parabola is one of the easier Tool songs on drums, hardest part is like in the intro/chorus part where he does the beat with 3 quick bass drum beats. One of the easier songs by tool standards though is still harder than most other bands.
    edited July 2010
    I can imagine. Tool is, simply put, amazing. All the guitar parts are awesome as well. Adam Jones is great.
  • woodwood Regular
    edited July 2010
    Mmm, still working on the bass solo from Day of the Baphomets by The Mars Volta... If I ever get it I'll be sure to post it here.
    edited July 2010
    wood wrote: »
    Mmm, still working on the bass solo from Day of the Baphomets by The Mars Volta... If I ever get it I'll be sure to post it here.

Awesome, I've been trying to learn Viscera Eyes on the drums, great album :).
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010

The whole song on guitar and bass, except I don't have a wah pedal for the solos.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    YYZ by rush, or tons of metal songs with blastbeats.
  • NightsideNightside Regular
    edited July 2010
    I used to be able to play the Black Page on drums. Fuck, that song's timing is more complex than anything most of you probably have ever seen (unless you're all classical whores, then you will have seen probably more intense).

On guitar, I'm getting close to finishing This Godless Endeavor. Fucking final sweeps are a bitch though. 200 bpm 16th note arpeggios suck.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    I can play anything now. Feel free to test me, it'll take me a few weeks to get a complicated piece down and I don't play metal but other than that I pretty much got the game under control on guitar.

I'm down for makin' some vids, I've been feeling learning a bit of Hendrix or Stevie Ray Vaughn lately.