IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1840309/In a world divided by factions based on virtues, Tris learns she's Divergent and won't fit in. When she discovers a plot to destroy Divergents, Tris and the mysterious Four must find out what makes Divergents dangerous before it's too late.
I saw the movie IMDB page way back and I told myself, dude you got to watch the movie but first, read the books. So, I downloaded the Audio Books and finished the first off, it was long, sort of hard to swallow, not really into reading from a girls point of view, too many conflicts but she was indeed admirable, hot and had an interesting narrative.
Plus, the story had potential, the idea wasn't that unique but still way better than the rest and yes their was some element of mystery and self discovery. But that was the book, although it was hard to follow especially when sub plots became too dense.
But that's the BOOK!
The movie on the other hand, does a great job of sticking to the story, yes certain things were changed but the flow didn't break, it's long and you tend to get tired but since I was interested in it, I actually enjoyed it.
Let's the try the point system to make things simpler.
* Lead actors were worth following, solid acting, Tris was hot (BIG FACTOR), the other guys were good to.
* Music wasn't bad, Ellie song made me smile (yeah I love Dubstep)
* Visualization of the city, of the set etc, A+ effort totally worked.
* Action scenes, slow, didn't really seem fast enough, especially the girl fights but meh it can be improved in the next films, still good though.
* Pacing, slow and steady, explores the key points of the book, you get all the vital information you need plus some mindfucks if you're not paying attention.
* Dialogue, wasn't cliche, actually was pretty consistent. I was fearful about the long scenes between Tris and her ahem but there were to the point.
In short, it's a good flick, great for the fans and for others looking for a replacement for Hunger Games etc, yeah give this is a try. It's not as grand as hunger games but it's still worth checking out.
It was the story that let it down for me, with too many questions and a weird plot that basically meant the second half of the film discounted the first half. There was no point of going through that rigorous training program, if the second half of the program turned them into mindless drones... I mean what was up with that? Also, why couldn't a person who dropped out of one clan go into another clan, and a world where a person is completely one-centered just cannot exist making the (film plot) illogical, and.... So yes, I just didn't like the storyline. #
But hey ho, not a bad film, just meh