Ulbricht and Silk Road

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
This is something you need to watch, in fact it's something everyone who has some form of network culture needs to see. It's basically the real facts from the Ulbricht case, not the media and prosecution bullshit version of events. It blatantly shows how political and legal disregard for their own justice system won a case based upon a miscarriage of justice. It kinda reminded me of a witch hunt. You know what I mean? The accused will never win because either innocent or guilty they're still gonna pay.

http://www.primewire.ag/watch-2763349-Deep-Web-online-free

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    They're obviously making him an example.

The Judge and Jury probably see him as huge drug lord as well. It's kind of hard to explain these nuances to a a non-technical audience.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    I hear what you're saying dude. Juries use to be based and chosen for sociopolitical logic for the sake of equality, but now every narc, nanna, and crackhead has a shot. That automatically gives this case an unfair advantage. Inexperienced jury fueled by misleading and wrongful charges = shepherding the outcome.

I don't think the judge was actually playing the part of a judge but more a politically motivated processor. There were way to many inconsistencies to even think this was a fair trial, such as accessing the servers in Iceland & pissing on the 4th amendment, defense witnesses silenced and shady agents with their hand in the pie which in itself questions the credibility of the legal parties involved.

I guess politically it was a witch-hunt and someone needed to be made accountable but it also makes me feel like the US government has no accountability or ethics for their legal actions on it's own soil, and they show "no remorse" of the fact. Therefore, does that place us at risk due to their international leverage? ..... The answer to that is. yep!

Oh why have thou forsaken me political and legal ethics.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LSdVLS7.jpg[/img]
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    UPDATE:
    I would say the shady agents that were involved with this case would be served justice but until I know exactly what the sentence is I'll keep my mouth shut.

Corrupt Silk Road investigator pleads guilty, admits to $240K movie deal

SAN FRANCISCO—Carl Mark Force, the head of a Baltimore-based team of law enforcement that investigated the Silk Road drug trafficking website, has pled guilty to extortion, money laundering, and obstruction of justice.

Standing before US District Judge Richard Seeborg in an orange inmate's jumpsuit, Force admitted that he stole from the Silk Road—and its founder Ross Ulbricht—even as he was investigating the website.

Prosecutors described the details of the charges against him in court. Later, as Seeborg questioned Force about each accusation, Force admitted to each one.

Acting as "Nob," the government-sanctioned account through which he interacted with Ulbricht's online persona Dread Pirate Roberts, Force took payments from Ulbricht that he didn't tell his superiors about and diverted the bitcoins into his personal accounts. Ulbricht was tried earlier this year and sentenced to life in prison in May.

He also created a second unauthorized account, "French Maid," from which he collected approximately $100,000 (£64,000) in bitcoins by offering "counter-intelligence" on law enforcement.

An attempt to extort money from DPR using a third account, "Death From Above," wasn't successful.

The government also charged Force with having multiple conflicts of interest, including a contract from 20th Century Fox to be paid up to $240,000 (£153,000) to tell his story for an upcoming movie. It isn't clear how much of that, if any, Force actually got paid. The contract was signed in 2014, and Force didn't reveal it to his superiors at the DEA.

Force was a key source in Wired's Silk Road cover story published in April 2015, which concludes by describing Force's own arrest.

A second conflict involved a company called CoinMKT, which Force worked for and also was a primary investor in. He used his job at DEA to help them run criminal background checks. At one point, he confiscated $370,000 (£237,000) from a CoinMKT user, saying he was taking it on behalf of the DEA, but only put $37,000 in the government account, keeping the rest. (That's more than the $297,000 previously reported.)

The sentencing will take place in October. The plea deal doesn't include a specific sentence. The maximum sentence for money laundering is 20 years. Force has agreed to pay about $500,000 (£320,000) in restitution, according to his attorney. Around $150,000 of that has already been paid.

"He's accepting responsibility," Force's attorney, Ivan Bridges, told reporters after today's hearing.

Secret Service Agent Shaun Bridges, another man on the Baltimore task force, has also agreed to plead guilty to government charges against him.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    Every dealer is a fed in my books.