Anyone interested in 10TB of online storage?

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
You think Dropbox and google drive's 15gb is more than enough storage for your personal needs? Well china just had to come along and make them both look like data licker, bottom feeders by offering 10TB of free storage.

If you're warm and fuzzy using a chinese cloud server for storage then this shit might be right up your alley. (nohomo) But then again if you're worried about about china stealing your all your Snowden collectables then don't put that shit in there. Easy!

I haven't created an account because there's shit disabled on my browser that makes the registration page incompatible and I can't be bothered deactivating any addons because I don't really need that much fucking storage. For my simplistic existence 10TB is just crazy.
Weiyun, the cloud storage service from Tencent is offering a massive 10 TB (10240 GB) free cloud storage to its new customers. For the uninformed, Tencent is the largest internet company in China. It provides various services like QQ.com (web portal), Tencent QQ (instant messenger), WeChat (the Chinese competitor to leading smartphone messenger WhatsApp) etc.

When it comes to the amount of free cloud storage, Tencent Weiyun puts its western counterparts to shame. Many popular cloud storage services like Dropbox, Box etc. offer free storage but they range only from 2 GB to 50 GB.
Check Out: Top 10 Free Cloud Storage Services

If you worry about trusting your valuable data with an unknown Chinese cloud storage service, you shouldn’t probably worry because Tencent is a $100 Billion company and one of the largest Internet company in the world. It has huge reputation at stake and it wouldn’t just shut down overnight taking away all your data along with it.
http://www.1mtb.com/how-to-get-10-tb-free-online-cloud-storage-from-tencent-weiyun/

How To Get 10 TB Free Cloud Storage From Weiyun?

1: Sign-up for a QQ account here. This is an English language website and you should have no problems there.

2: Download the Tencent Cloud to your smartphone. You can find the iOS version of Tencent Cloud here and the Android version here.

3: Sign in to the Tencent Cloud with your QQ id. The app is in Chinese language. The first entry is your email id associated with QQ and the second entry is the password of your QQ id.

4: Now, go to Weiyun and click on the large blue button to get your 10 TB free cloud storage.

5: Log in to the Weiyun cloud here to enjoy your 10 TB free storage.

The above link takes you to the English language Tencent Weiyun website. It is pretty easy to use with simple functionality. The above screenshot shows the various functions available in the Weiyun cloud. So, now is the time to explore the cloud and take full advantage of your 10 TB free cloud storage. The 10 TB cloud storage should be quite sufficient for a life time!

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    Tried signing up: "Please enter mobile number to receive verification code". Not likely
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Tried signing up: "Please enter mobile number to receive verification code". Not likely
    Fuck phone number verification thingy pisses me off so much. When google first introduced that to gmail, that's when I became pro active against them.
    If I remember right there was an online number generator to get around this. The same concept as tempmail, 10minute mail, etc. I'll see if I can find it later.

• Glad I don't need it with the phone verification. That being said, I use one drive.
  • I'm good. I don't really trust my own government that much so I certainly wont trust a government what has a reputation for over policing it's internet.
  • It depends on what you're storing. If I'm storing a bunch of pictures (I do a lot of landscape photography), I wouldn't care. I wouldn't put my private info like my resume or bank statements on the cloud.
  • I don't store anything on any clouds anywhere. Everything digital I have I keep a back up of on physical external hardrives.