Is anyone else here an atheist?

2»

Comments

• He's pretty awesome tbh. These days he's really on point. It used to be you had to take what he says with a pinch of salt but now that the one world government is out in the open he's calmed down a lot and can simply give you news and very accurate extrapolations. He has a really great guest interview list for being a troll.

Anyway, back to the argument he advanced that I butchered probably in trying to interpret it.

The theory goes supposedly, that "satanist," use aethism as a catapult to further their agenda. They don't actually believe in satan so to speak, but the absence of a deity gives them power inasmuch as they become gods. They enjoy nihilism and the absence of God, which deists (rightfully so, in this line of reasoning,) construe as evil.

It's not so much about believing in a particular deity, it's the absence of any deity that they get a kick out of.

Now this is insulting to normal aethists to be sure but the ones at the top, the .001% that are into all manner of sick shit love spreading aethism for this very reason, (according to this line of thought.) A belief in a deity is a challenge to their world view perspective and it's something they fight tooth and nail while they enjoy depravity. The enslavement of everyone else has to include everything that makes them human. Otherwise it just gets boring.

Anyway that's the theory and I don't subscribe to it, but it is something that interests me. I learned years ago about the connection of alphabet agencies to serial killers and satanists so anytime I hear about the elite and spiritual beliefs I prick my ears a bit. Being of the gnostic persuasion personally, this world is of the demiurge, the false god, or a matrix superimposed on the true nature of the universe so it makes little difference to me other than helping me identify things to be pessimistic of.

And I personally don't judge aethists or try to win them over outside of having metaphysical discussions which unfortunately is not possible with a black and white aethist.

Even if I believed the theory I outlined, which I don't whole heartedly I still wouldn't think all the aethists are immoral. Morality exists outside the aesthetic spheres of influence. It's ingrained in the code of the universe. Even if this is the matrix or a sad mockup of an actual divine universe (see lower order,) it can't dispense with morality as it's as fundamental to consciousness as water to a plant.

• But not being particularly religious in the revealed religion sense I can easily get taken to task by an aethist that holds up a 1400, 1800, 4000, year old book and says, "look at this shit. It contradicts everything you just said." To which I would have to agree. Which is why I don't subscribe to any belief system. I just have beliefs and they may be fluid and dynamic but pretty much the only constant is my belief in a higher power.

Call it superstition, call it Freudian super ego, I don't mind, and it may very well be true, but it doesn't stop me from using my belief as a tool for pondering the nature of existence or taking some magic mushrooms and "talking," to the gods.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Gen_Why wrote: »
    Call it superstition, call it Freudian super ego, I don't mind, and it may very well be true, but it doesn't stop me from using my belief as a tool for pondering the nature of existence or taking some magic mushrooms and "talking," to the gods.
    Perhaps the mushroom is your true god! But which mushroom god is the true god? The blue top or the gold top?

• I have been turned off by religion years ago, but grabbing a line from Carl Sagan... if there is no God or other Worlds .. it's an awful waste of space. Doesn't the idea that We humans are it? This isn't a statement that God exists because... It just seems pretty fucked up if Earthlings are it. Man, the animals and plants and such.. that's it. in an endless sea.. one grain of sand has living organisms on it and no others.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Fox7 wrote: »
    I have been turned off by religion years ago, but grabbing a line from Carl Sagan... if there is no God or other Worlds .. it's an awful waste of space. Doesn't the idea that We humans are it? This isn't a statement that God exists because... It just seems pretty fucked up if Earthlings are it. Man, the animals and plants and such.. that's it. in an endless sea.. one grain of sand has living organisms on it and no others.
    Some people would have to be either ignorant or a christian to think a universe as sparse as ours can't sustain other forms of life. I'm not necessarily talking freaky deeky bug eyed dudes with large bulbous heads but other organic shit such as plants, bacteria, etc must surely exist.

• bornkiller wrote: »
    Fox7 wrote: »
    I have been turned off by religion years ago, but grabbing a line from Carl Sagan... if there is no God or other Worlds .. it's an awful waste of space. Doesn't the idea that We humans are it? This isn't a statement that God exists because... It just seems pretty fucked up if Earthlings are it. Man, the animals and plants and such.. that's it. in an endless sea.. one grain of sand has living organisms on it and no others.
    Some people would have to be either ignorant or a christian to think a universe as sparse as ours can't sustain other forms of life. I'm not necessarily talking freaky deeky bug eyed dudes with large bulbous heads but other organic shit such as plants, bacteria, etc must surely exist.

agreed.. but it doesn't prove a God, just that life exist elsewhere.. yet, it was a question of blind faith I suppose, I believe that even in a slow evolved existance is a form of inteligent design. What is God anyways. A man with a beard in the clouds? i doubt that's what God is (or a woman or uni-sex) but I think as most beliefs without getting literal is that We're all one with ..

Sidenote: That dude in Oregon stole Flying Spaghetti Monster aka Rastafarian (for some paper he did on the existence of God) because I know it was on totse and it says he came up with it in 2005. I tried looking on archive but it's all effed up and has been modified when it comes to totse. If you were ever on the dialup even, I'm sure you saw it.. it was mentioned so many times. perhaps that is why archive or other searches don't have it.. there was no search engine designed for dialups.. someone get on that right away!
  • Certainly the idea of the universe being so big without having other forms of life on any of the potential billions of other planets that must be out there being absurd is something we can all agree on. Hell, Pope John Paul II said as much. That doesn't mean there is a god. It only agrees with statistics. As far as the satanist/atheists... yeah that shit is actually extremely offensive to me. Assholes..
  • Yes, religion is a great way to control people. Not believing in gods controlling everything makes it alot easier to lift things I need to survive. Instead of supporting and working for these few rich people in the world. We are born into debt.
  • If I was Satan the first thing I would want to do is convince people there is no God. What offends me about aethists is they can see with there own eyes a higher order and refuse to believe there is something more powerful than them. Is God a dude with a beard? OF COURSE NOT. In case no one has been paying attention to anything the idea of God is always evolving. The idea of no God is relatively new and I hope those people that don't believe in any wake up and realize there is more to life than their momma's teet.