I-doser. The gateway drug.

SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Wow. I've always known the media are retarded and blow everything out of proportion but this is just ridiculous. If anyone doesn't know what I-doser is, it's a collection of binaural recordings that supposedly simulate the effects of real drugs. I've tried several with no effect. I think it's largely bullshit and the only effects it gives are from a Placebo effect.

Oklahoma News 9 is reporting about a phenomenon called “i-dosing,” which involves finding an online dealer who can hook you up with “digital drugs” that get you high through your headphones.

And officials are taking it seriousl

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/digital-drugs/

Comments

• CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited July 2010
    I hope they actually try and outlaw it. I think it would be enough to push people into never taking the government seriously again, unless I am underestimating the stupidity of the masses.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    I've tried idoser before and I can tell you guys it's complete bullshit.
    The educators have gone so far as to ban iPods at school, in hopes of preventing honor students from becoming cyber-drug fiends, News 9 reports.

Haha this is just ridiculous.
  • FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
    edited July 2010
    i can has i-drugz? i need my fixxxx :o
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    My god. They'll believe anything. I'm going to email them some info on how these "e-drug dealers" will "cyber-lace" email with i-doses to get unsuspecting people addicted. Maybe Oklahoma will outlaw email.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    Its not fucking funny... I was hooked on i-drugs for years and Ill tell you now my i-demons were just as bad as real drugs. I started with i-weed then moved on to i-crack and had to suck cyber dick for my fix.
  • edited July 2010
    Lol cops patting down kids.

"What the hell is this punk! A USB device, with songs!? What kind of songs, junkie."
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh look... Its a moral panic yet again.
  • beefymcmanstickbeefymcmanstick New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    Can you get it on itunes?
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    binaural beats give me audio hallucinations, dehydration, and weird meditative states. all in all, not exceptionally recreational.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    iDoser is pure bullshit.

Pretty sad how Wired picked up so late on it.

The effect is a placebo and relies on the user only.