What type of guns do you own.

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited October 2010 in Man Cave
Hey this is my first post here. The titles pretty self explanatory. I own an SU16b a Wingmaster 870 12 guage and a 7.62 x 39 mm SKS.

Comments

• Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    I own a BCM ar-15 midlength, Ruger 10/22, 12 gauge Rem 870 (set up for birds), and very recently a CZ 452 varmint in 22lr.
    It's a work in progress.
  • ilovechronicilovechronic Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    springfeild XD-9
    tarus .38 spl
    beretta 21a

Ruger mini 14
    Ruger 10/22
    Mosing nagant m44
    Mossberg 500
    Marlin model 60
    CAR15
    Varmint AR15 with bull barrel
  • GiomanachGiomanach Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't own any guns because they're dangerous.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    I've got a Mossberg 500. I plan on getting my CCP and getting a handgun when I have the money. Lots of dangerous minorities 'round these parts...
    edited July 2010
    Giomanach wrote: »
    Dontfucking post then.
  • savages_vipersavages_viper Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    1816/41 ely whitney smoothbore percusion conversion from flintlock -non fireable

newengland firearms sb1 12 guage

romanian m69 training rifle .22lr

1917 eddystone 30-06 sporterized

russian sks 52 tula

yugoslavian m59/66 sks

ruger 10/22

winchester 120 ranger its pretty much a 1300 with better wood 12guage

m44 mosin nagant 7.62x54r

marlin 1895 guide gun 45-70

walther pp 32acp

ruger gp100 .357magnum

essex arms /usgi parts kit 1911a1 45acp

herbert schmidt .22lr single action revolver

smith and wesson 686-1 snubnose .357mag ( holding for a family member with no safe)

1926 1st/2nd issue transition police positive special .38special

i used to have a m39 mosin and a 1903 springfeild that i sold the m39 was the best rifle i have ever owned great trigger awesome sights super accurate the 1903 was sporterized and kinda sucked.
    edited July 2010
    Dontfucking post then.

But it's my duty as an enlightened nonviolent person to pass on my knowledge to the less fortunate, like you.

You know, if you keep a gun in the home, you're three times more likely to shoot a family member than an intruder!

This is a well-known fact, and deciding to keep a gun is deciding to hurt your family.

Gun owners = murderers.
    edited July 2010
    But it's my duty as an enlightened nonviolent person to pass on my knowledge to the less fortunate, like you.

You know, if you keep a gun in the home, you're three times more likely to shoot a family member than an intruder!

This is a well-known fact, and deciding to keep a gun is deciding to hurt your family.

Gun owners = murderers.

in animate objects don't magically make people violent. Firearms are not viotlent people are. I am sorry you are ignorant to these facts.
    edited July 2010
    in animate objects don't magically make people violent. Firearms are not viotlent people are. I am sorry you are ignorant to these facts.

While I agree with you 100%, please note that you are responding to a troll.
    edited July 2010
    While I agree with you 100%, please note that you are responding to a troll.
    Oh I know, i am working on getting the post moved out of the thread.
    edited July 2010
    Cut me some slack. Empty forums are boring without trolls, and let's face it, if there were more people here, this is the kind of argument you'd be facing anyway.

Gun control would've stopped the assassination attempt on Reagan, and the disabling of his loyal assistant Jim.
  • VirusVirus Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010

Gun owners = murderers.

Do you eat?
    edited July 2010
    Virus wrote: »
    Do you eat?

I am glad to see you atleast are giving it a shot here.
    edited July 2010
    Virus wrote: »
    Do you eat?

I eat only organically-grown vegetables harvested without the use of combine harvesters. I don't cause murders of people or animals.
    edited July 2010
    I eat only organically-grown vegetables harvested without the use of combine harvesters. I don't cause murders of people or animals.

You cause the death of innocent vegetables you fucking bastard. breatharian is the only way to go,.
    edited July 2010
    You cause the death of innocent vegetables you fucking bastard. breatharian is the only way to go,.

You can't live that way, which is murdering yourself.

Edit: this is off-topic anyway. Stick to what guns you have and why you should melt them into plows.
  • VirusVirus Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010

You're a violent person. You're causing the death of something.
  • LavaRedLavaRed New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    I own far too many to count or post again.

Gun owners = murderers.

Thank you, but as a notoriously violent person who owns enough guns to equip a small army, may I kindly bring to your attention the fact that your being non-violent makes you one hundred times more likely to be murdered for sport by someone violent like me?
    You can't live that way, which is murdering yourself.

Dear me I do believe these words ring so very true when you consider your non-violence in relation to my willful violence.

Thanks,
    LavaRed
  • edited July 2010
    Benelli Montefeltro, 12 gauge. I highly recommend their shotguns. Everything about the action is smooth, the gun is light, beautiful and simple to use and take down/clean. An all round excellent gun. Short enough to wield in the home, long enough to be a more than effective field/skeet gun.

Gun owners = murderers.

Trolololololololo
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010

Get out of my thread troll.
    edited July 2010
    i tried to get an admin or mod to come splt the thread up to get that shit out of here but they wouldn't. i am not sure this site is going to go much farther than this. Its been over a week now and we still havn't chosen mods.
  • ArgonPlasma2000ArgonPlasma2000 Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Hi-Point 955 and C9
    Century CAR-15
    1940 Izhevsk 91/30
    1911 I build on a Foster Industries frame.

My short-term to-buy list is a target-spec AR-15, a CQC dissapator AR-15A2, another Mosin Nagant, and a Winchester Wildcat.

My short-term to-make list is AR-15 lowers, AR-10 lower, finish my PPS-43 upper, and make a 9x39mm AK-47.
  • ArmsMerchantArmsMerchant Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I am down to two--Beretta Jetfire and a tiny North American Arms .22 mag revolver.

I gave my Ruger .44 mag Super Blackhawk to my son, who also has a Mossberg .22 rifle. My sweety has a Taurus .357 mag, an AR-7 survival rifle, and a Winchester 12-gauge pump.
  • ArgonPlasma2000ArgonPlasma2000 Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    I am down to two--Beretta Jetfire and a tiny North American Arms .22 mag revolver.

I gave my Ruger .44 mag Super Blackhawk to my son, who also has a Mossberg .22 rifle. My sweety has a Taurus .357 mag, an AR-7 survival rifle, and a Winchester 12-gauge pump.

Why so few?
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited July 2010
    Just a .22lr Rifle, 12ga, 10ga, .22 revolver, and a .45 RIA 1911. Going to build an AR15 to what I carried as a SDM, come November.
    edited July 2010
    Why so few?

So FEW?! Just ONE is too many!

Please, I beg you all to stop now and destroy your guns. Do not sell them, DESTROY them so that nobody else can use them to hurt people!

Having a gun does not make you cool, it does not make you a big man, and it does not make you SAFE!
    edited July 2010

Please, I beg you all to stop now and destroy your guns. Do not sell them, DESTROY them so that nobody else can use them to hurt people!

Having a gun does not make you cool, it does not make you a big man, and it does not make you SAFE!

It also makes one able to kill people like you, who have none, therefore no means to stop me. Do you feel safe now? ;)
    edited July 2010

Mine was sure nice to have in the mountains and valleys of Afghanistan. I'd say it saved my butt, and toasted a few while I was there. :rolleyes: Hell, It even saved one of my PFC's when he got shot in the shoulder and I laid down the lead as another got him out of the line of fire.

I realize your a troll, but war is inevitable. And stripping your countrymen of arms is a sure way to enslave them....

This is coming from a very liberal/democrat by the way.
    edited July 2010
    LavaRed wrote: »
    It also makes one able to kill people like you, who have none, therefore no means to stop me. Do you feel safe now? ;)

NO that's why you should get rid of them! As long as one person is armed (who isn't a police officer, because they're highly trained so they don't make mistakes), I, my family and friends, and everyone in the whole country is in danger.
    edited July 2010
    NO that's why you should get rid of them! As long as one person is armed (who isn't a police officer, because they're highly trained so they don't make mistakes), I, my family and friends, and everyone in the whole country is in danger.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: that is all.
    edited July 2010
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: that is all.

You try to pretend my argument is stupid so you don't have to face up to the fact that you know, deep down, that I'm right.

Do the honest and good thing, and save yourself, your family, and society from the danger you pose them.
    edited July 2010
    You try to pretend my argument is stupid so you don't have to face up to the fact that you know, deep down, that I'm right.

Do the honest and good thing, and save yourself, your family, and society from the danger you pose them.

Nah im gonna keep my guns just got a new one yesterday. I will always own and use guns. Too bad if you think I pose a danger. In fact maybey you should buy a gun to protect yourself from the danger.
    edited July 2010
    Nah im gonna keep my guns just got a new one yesterday. I will always own and use guns. Too bad if you think I pose a danger. In fact maybey you should buy a gun to protect yourself from the danger.

Two wrongs do not make a right.
    edited July 2010
    Two wrongs do not make a right.

Don't continue to provoke him. Sanchez.

he is simply a troll, and if continues, will be dealt with. If LavaRed doesn't take care of him, I will. but I give the guy seniority. Why prevoke him? He's just pushing buttons.

Is this highschool?
    edited July 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »

he is simply a troll, and if continues, will be dealt with. If LavaRed doesn't take care of him, I will. but I give the guy seniority. Why prevoke him? He's just pushing buttons.

Is this highschool?

This is typical of the ultra-right wing crowd. "I don't want to listen to logic and reason, so let's make him shut up."

How do you people sleep at night?!
    edited July 2010
    This is typical of the ultra-right wing crowd. "I don't want to listen to logic and reason, so let's make him shut up."

How do you people sleep at night?!

I am a 5 year paratrooper verteran. U.S. ARMY.

And a LIBERAL, at that. Stupidity existsts on every front however. Quit trolling, and I will have no problem with you. Contribute, or move to another forum. Simply put.
    edited July 2010

Is this highschool?

Thank you acid_drop.
    Indeed. We've had our fun and all, but this has gotten way out of hand, and far out of the thread's original topic. So I will give you a sporting chance not to continue to foul up the thread, Giomanach. If you wish to start a discussion on the negative aspects of gun ownership, you are of course welcome to start your own thread on the subject, by all means, as this is a free country, but I daresay you will not find much support in a gun owner forum. But you are free to do as you please.
    However, please do not continue to post off topic on this thread, or you will be infracted.
    Thank you,
    LavaRed
  • 5.56 SS1095.56 SS109 Regular
    edited September 2010
    Colt 6920

BCM Lightweight upper on LMT complete lower

H&K USP9f

Springfield XD40

Calico M950

WASR-10

NEF Pardner Pump Protector

other stuff I'm forgetting
    edited September 2010
    I will also add that I got a Mosin Nagant 91/30 recently. It's still in very good condition fires with good accuracy. And for the price it's hard to beat.
    edited October 2010
    I will also add that I got a Mosin Nagant 91/30 recently. It's still in very good condition fires with good accuracy. And for the price it's hard to beat.

Yeah I've been thinking of picking up one of the 91/30's myself. Gotta watch the barrels though. The m44's just throw too much fire out of the muzzle. The 91/30's beat the shit out of you enough, the m44 is even worse. Sure as hell wouldn't want to get hit by that round though, considering what it does to the shooters shoulder after 40-50 rounds ;)
    edited October 2010
    Yeah I've been thinking of picking up one of the 91/30's myself. Gotta watch the barrels though. The m44's just throw too much fire out of the muzzle. The 91/30's beat the shit out of you enough, the m44 is even worse. Sure as hell wouldn't want to get hit by that round though, considering what it does to the shooters shoulder after 40-50 rounds ;)

The steel buttplate certainly doesn't help the shoulder's either. I made sure to inspect the barrel before I bought so the accuracy is actually pretty good. All in all it's an excellent gun especially for the price. I also love the history behind it with the hammer and sickle on there and being made in 1943. it's the gun that won world war 2 so that makes it even cooler.
    edited October 2010
    The steel buttplate certainly doesn't help the shoulder's either. I made sure to inspect the barrel before I bought so the accuracy is actually pretty good. All in all it's an excellent gun especially for the price. I also love the history behind it with the hammer and sickle on there and being made in 1943. it's the gun that won world war 2 so that makes it even cooler.

You actually got one with the Russian markings? I also was not aware they put that marking on their rifles in WWII?

Russia got lucky that Germany was stupid enough to try and pick a fight with them after being strung thin an the western front. Russia's tactics were simply throw as many poor boys at the fight as you can.

"You do not have a rifle, the man in front of you does not have a rifle, the man in front in him does have a rifle. When that man dies, the man in front of you picks up the rifle and fights. When he is killed, you pick up the rifle. After you are killed, the man behind you will pick up the rifle.

Being a part of the Russian forces had to be terrifiying. I cant remember what country it was, but it was "The Winter War" or something like that. That they threw like 6-7 times as many soldiers at this small nation and the Russians still lost many, many more men. They were trying to fight WWI.
    edited October 2010
    You actually got one with the Russian markings? I also was not aware they put that marking on their rifles in WWII?

Russia got lucky that Germany was stupid enough to try and pick a fight with them after being strung thin an the western front. Russia's tactics were simply throw as many poor boys at the fight as you can.

"You do not have a rifle, the man in front of you does not have a rifle, the man in front in him does have a rifle. When that man dies, the man in front of you picks up the rifle and fights. When he is killed, you pick up the rifle. After you are killed, the man behind you will pick up the rifle.

Being a part of the Russian forces had to be terrifiying. I cant remember what country it was, but it was "The Winter War" or something like that. That they threw like 6-7 times as many soldiers at this small nation and the Russians still lost many, many more men. They were trying to fight WWI.

Yeah your thinking of when Russia invaded Finland. The winter war was basically proof that the size of the country doesn't mean shit. Russia had overwhelming numbers but in the end it was pyrrhic victory. the sheer amount of men they lost was incredible. I read once that the survival rate for a Russian solider at Stalingrad was 24 hours. Hitler's biggest error was being stupid and not taking Russian citizens as ally's who would have helped him. If he hadn't had Russian citizens killed he may have been able to win. I respect Hitler in many way's but he was fucking stupid in a lot of ways also. The markings on mine are clear as day too it's pretty cool. I'd love to get a bayonet for it though:D
    edited October 2010
    Yeah your thinking of when Russia invaded Finland. The winter war was basically proof that the size of the country doesn't mean shit. Russia had overwhelming numbers but in the end it was pyrrhic victory. the sheer amount of men they lost was incredible. I read once that the survival rate for a Russian solider at Stalingrad was 24 hours. Hitler's biggest error was being stupid and not taking Russian citizens as ally's who would have helped him. If he hadn't had Russian citizens killed he may have been able to win. I respect Hitler in many way's but he was fucking stupid in a lot of ways also. The markings on mine are clear as day too it's pretty cool. I'd love to get a bayonet for it though:D

Hitler was a fantastic orator and very manipulative. Everything you want in a politician. He was a terrible military strategist though. When he came to power, he eliminated many, many fantastic officers. Ran his Army with fear rather than reassurance. He had the chance to adopt a few small arms weapons, late in the war, that would have set the U.S. back, the numerous models of the sturmgewehr would be a good example.(For some reason he didn't believe in repeating arms, even considering what the Garand was doing to their troops.) The Mauser was probably the greatest action ever made for a bolt, but the Garand gave the U.S. and unprecedented edge on the battlefield.

It's also interesting to note, that the U.S. let Russia take the last routes of Germany because we knew that the resistance would be strong, and we didn't want more losses of our 101st, 82nd(my division), Rangers, among other paratroopers and such that had already encountered very high loses. So we let the Russians take it, and they still lost something around 6 times as many men as the Germans.
    edited October 2010
    Hitler was a fantastic orator and very manipulative. Everything you want in a politician. He was a terrible military strategist though. When he came to power, he eliminated many, many fantastic officers. Ran his Army with fear rather than reassurance. He had the chance to adopt a few small arms weapons, late in the war, that would have set the U.S. back, the numerous models of the sturmgewehr would be a good example.(For some reason he didn't believe in repeating arms, even considering what the Garand was doing to their troops.) The Mauser was probably the greatest action ever made for a bolt, but the Garand gave the U.S. and unprecedented edge on the battlefield.

It's also interesting to note, that the U.S. let Russia take the last routes of Germany because we knew that the resistance would be strong, and we didn't want more losses of our 101st, 82nd(my division), Rangers, among other paratroopers and such that had already encountered very high loses. So we let the Russians take it, and they still lost something around 6 times as many men as the Germans.

One great example was him having Rommel killed:facepalm: A lot of people don't know he was using Meth and Barbiturates during this time. Mixed with Parkinsons it led to some really retarded decisions. I can;t blame him totally for invading Russia as it was sort of a invade first or be invaded later type deal imo. My biggest problem was he wasn't a White nationalist but he a German Nationalist so he hated Poles' Slav's, Russian's etc. which could've been a great ally. I didn't know that about us letting the Russians take the last route's.Speaking of the M1 have you ever had a chance to shoot one? I've always wanted to but there pretty expensive and nobody I know has one. From what I here even today there great gun's.
    edited October 2010
    One great example was him having Rommel killed:facepalm: A lot of people don't know he was using Meth and Barbiturates during this time. Mixed with Parkinsons it led to some really retarded decisions. I can;t blame him totally for invading Russia as it was sort of a invade first or be invaded later type deal imo. My biggest problem was he wasn't a White nationalist but he a German Nationalist so he hated Poles' Slav's, Russian's etc. which could've been a great ally. I didn't know that about us letting the Russians take the last route's.Speaking of the M1 have you ever had a chance to shoot one? I've always wanted to but there pretty expensive and nobody I know has one. From what I here even today there great gun's.

Yeah, it's obviously not talked about a lot in American History, but Russia took Hitlers last stand. The 101st took hitlers Mansion on the hill. Russia took the last stand to give our guys a reprieve. As an NCO I am, required to know all this crap. But I forget details :P

Anyway, yes, the M1. Great rifle. Shot it many times, as my grandfather has one he somehow got back from Korea. He actually has it willed to me, and he's 83 now, so I'm not buying one. But if you're in the U.S. look at the CMP. You can get a Garand for 600. Not bad. M1a's go for 1,500 these days. When Springfield was still selling new Garands they were around that price too.

The M1 is a great rifle. I love the sights on it and the M14. Mind you, I'm a big iron sights guy, I don't scope my guns. Most people do. I did in the service as it was a two way gun fight, and the first one on target gets to live. I'm going to build a replica of My SDMR M16A4 this November, if I can afford the scope :P.

But yes. 600 isn't shit for a war piece. Get one while they are still around. You obviously need to have a FOID card, a member of some BS, and something else. The member of an organization can be an online one, and the other just means you've participated in say a firearms safety class. Which you have to do anyway for this state.

If I didn't have a numbers matching, sentimental rifle coming to me, I would buy a CMP Garand right the fuck now.

hit up thehighroad.org and search their boards. They love the CMP.
    edited October 2010
    spazz wrote: »

I also had some russian gun, it shot 7.62mmx54R ammo, I dont care to took up the gun type, but it was the most basic field rifle for the russians in WW2 had the hammer and scythe stamped right on the barrel, they range from 1920-1938ish, come with strap,bayonette,tool kit,grease,cloth, and 2 NICE leather ammo pouches all for $125 they have 100's of these for sale, condition ranges from rusted up, to perfecly preserved and never before shot :D

It's a Mosin Nagant. I've got one there a pretty cool rifle and there cheap to get too.
    edited October 2010
    spazz wrote: »
    Mosin-Nagant-Long-01.jpg

YES thats exactly it!(but mine had different leathers/grease can.)
    they are HUGE fucking guns though with the bayonet attached it was exactly as tall as me :eek:

I like the top loading :) that is a gun that I would trust my life to.
    by de-cocking the bolt while it was out of the gun. it would slide apart for cleaning or whatever. I think it was 5 pieces :hai: . and 54R is a LONG fucking shell. I know why old vets are always DEAF. its not to loud back by the trigger, but if you are standing NEXT to the gun when its shot. :eek: .

Some of them are WAY WAY outa sight. like the sights are bent :( I bought/sold 3 before I found one that I wanted to keep. great gun to add to the collection though. an FMJ round from one of these has INSANE penetration power :D

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

the bolt action marlin 12gau was my favorite tho. especially with good ammo

I got one not long ago. I love the thing it's got a crazy recoil though. During the russian civil war they even turned Mosins into pistols sometimes.
    28190d1261885415-building-obrez-choppin-time-wheres-10-hex-receivered-mosin-_7.62-_-_-_1891_-.jpg
    edited October 2010
    edited October 2010
    I've shot one before and it's so loud I literally lost hearing in my right ear for a half hour. It's crazy powerful.

EDIT: I was thinking of adding a scope and I might eventually but there kinda expensive. Also from what you know is the stock on a Mosin Solid? Im assuming it is but most newer guns have a hollow stock.