ATTN Harbanro (or how ever you spell it)

edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I hurrd theres gonna be some mo fuckin solar shit flyin around sometime soon. You best get some bad ass pics.

Oh PS

Stop making threads blunderful and go outside lol.

kbyebye:)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    lol ol' Harbanro ass nigga. :o
  • CloudcatCloudcat Regular
    edited August 2010
    They say that in these next few years, we may see solar activity unlike anything humanity has ever witnessed before, with 2015 being the peak year.

Also, if there is a solar flare of the magnitude as one that occurred back in the 1800's, it would destroy almost all of our technological infrastructure and the world economy will crash.
  • edited August 2010
    Cloudcat wrote: »
    They say that in these next few years, we may see solar activity unlike anything humanity has ever witnessed before, with 2015 being the peak year.

Also, if there is a solar flare of the magnitude as one that occurred back in the 1800's, it would destroy almost all of our technological infrastructure and the world economy will crash.

That's why I think the Mayans predicted a solar flare up, along with our scientist. 2012 baby.

EDIT!

Solar related shitt.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/08/_nasaap_an_x-ra.html?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed7
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited August 2010

uh. no. the solar maximum (which isn't going to be in 2015, try 2013) is probably going to be a relatively muted one.

not arguing with you on the flare though - there was actually a super powerful X30 recorded near last maximum but it wasn't aimed directly at Earth - if it was I bet we'd have had some serious problems
  • CloudcatCloudcat Regular
    edited August 2010
    Habaner0 wrote: »
    uh. no. the solar maximum (which isn't going to be in 2015, try 2013) is probably going to be a relatively muted one.

Then I see I have been misinformed :o

Damn you, Popsci. Fucking hype.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited August 2010
    Then I see I have been misinformed :o

Damn you, Popsci. Fucking hype.

popular science is the worst fucking RAG i've ever had the unpleasantry of being subscribed to (and it wasn't my choice, someone gave it to me as a gift).