Why do humans hate this on forums?

Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
When someone makes a post saying "Hi I'm new :)" everyone's like, "welcome!!!"

People are fine with this so much that forums even have introductory threads, like this one.

But when people decide to leave forums, everyoens like "shut the fuck up attention whore". "ATTENTIONW HORE!!!"

isnt saying "i'm new" just as attention whorey as saying "i'm leaving"?

Then you might say

Well, saying bye is attention whorey because the person isnt really leaving forever.

So... you do realize that most people who say they've just signed up, will hardly, if at all, post, right?

In conclusion, if ur gonna get mad at people for saying "i'm leaving" you better get mad at htem for saying "i'm new" as wlel or you suck.

Comments

• HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    Are you drunk?

I think you're drunk.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited August 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    Are you drunk?

I think you're drunk.

I'm not drunk. Do I have a point or don't I.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited August 2010
    You do have a point. I never understood the whole "hey, I'm new" thing. On some forums it's obligatory, so I sometimes do it, but I don't get the point of it. You post "Hey, I'm new, hope to have a good time on this forum." And then thirty other newbies reply "Hi there, welcome" to get their post count up.

Seems pretty useless to me. Who cares, right? And the "I'm leaving" threads are really useless. Unless you're a big time poster who everybody knows and with a LOT (and I'm talking a LOT) of respect and even some friends on the forum you're leaving, like Jacketch.

Speaking about Jacketch, would he know &T is alive again? Would he care?
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited August 2010
    You can't leave :mad:
  • edited August 2010
    Introduction threads are alright I guess, I just don't really enjoy the fact that whenever someone posts one, all you reply with is "welcome to the site".
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    So your leaveing but needed to justify it el firsto?
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    I assume you're asking why people don't like "i'm leaving" threads? I can't see what else you would be talking about.

It's because no one fucking cares :D why would you liken a new member coming and people welcoming them, to some cunt leaving and expecting the whole site to play him out with fucking Taps or some shit.

I'll see you on the other side (IRL)
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited August 2010
    Because people always say they're leaving and then come back almost immediately, where introductions are just a beginning.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    I think the difference was pretty well covered.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    I like introduction threads. Gives insight into the user, and allows us to have a preliminary sorting of the trolls. Also allows the new member to 'feel welcome' :o and meet some of us.

Leaving threads however, are completely useless. Unless you're a respected member of the community, everyone could care less. They're just a waste of forum space.
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I like introduction threads. Gives insight into the user, and allows us to have a preliminary sorting of the trolls. Also allows the new member to 'feel welcome' :o and meet some of us.

Leaving threads however, are completely useless. Unless you're a respected member of the community, everyone could care less. They're just a waste of forum space.

No member is a waste of space :o
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    No member is a waste of space :o

I meant the leaving threads. That space could be better left for brandon to write cat poetry :o
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I meant the leaving threads. That space could be better left for brandon to write cat poetry :o

Ah. I see.
  • metameta Regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey mang! Im drunk on dat purple juice! AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
  • edited August 2010
    Posting thread is about quality not quantity.