Other people's keyboard

edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Doesn't it gross the shit out of you when you use someone else's keyboard, and it's congealed with gunge and food and god knows what else?

It really gets me, it's pretty disgusting, and I always have to wash my hands right away.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    I always clean my keyboard and I avoid using other keyboards.

Keyboards = FULL OF GERMS AND FAIL!
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Don't ever turn a keyboard upside down.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, god forbid you should be motivated to pop the keycaps off and clean the shit out for once.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    my keyboard is yellow

it was originally black
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited August 2010
    I hardly ever go to other people's houses, so i really dont use other peoples keyboards
  • edited August 2010
    I always keep my keyboard clean too. I can't stand it when they get dirty, its horrible.

Obviously we have to share keyboards with other students at college - I always clean it before I use it. As well as cleaning the screen, which has ALWAYS been touched by some idiot. ITS NOT A TOUCHSCREEN, SO DON'T TOUCH IT. :mad:
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, seems there's always a bunch of careless fucks who put their hands all over the screen to adjust the monitor position.

I can't stand a dirty keyboard either. I type well and often on fairly nice keyboards so I can tell when it's starting to get fouled up. Every few weeks or so I'll feel the need to pop all the keycaps off and clean in and under them with Q-tips and alcohol.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited August 2010
    i would pop the keys off my laptop keyboard to clean under it but the clips that hold them on are fucking fiddly to get back in the correct place when you have finished. mice to me are worse for being coated in shit and germs being held in your hands all the time and what not
  • ScoobyScooby Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Lysol.jpg

It's the cure!
  • edited August 2010
    i would pop the keys off my laptop keyboard to clean under it but the clips that hold them on are fucking fiddly to get back in the correct place when you have finished. mice to me are worse for being coated in shit and germs being held in your hands all the time and what not

I hate taking laptop keys off. They feel like they're gonna snap in my fingers, and getting them back on is a bitch, like you said.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, laptop keys are the exception. I'd just take canned air to those. Those stupid little scissor switches always snap and then you end up with a retarded-looking keyboard with extraneous function keys in place of the letter keys you broke.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    Mantikore wrote: »
    my keyboard is yellow

it was originally black

This is a direct result of chronic ejaculation. Most likely, in theory, you masturbate plenty of times behind the monitor and before, after, and during the procedure you tap a keys here and click a few mouse clicks there gradually depositing particles of semen mixed fluid on your devices. Through the constant friction of daily use this eventually molecularly merges the plastic with your human dna creating an off white-black color known to be appear "Yellow".
  • edited August 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    This is a direct result of chronic ejaculation. Most likely, in theory, you masturbate plenty of times behind the monitor and before, after, and during the procedure you tap a keys here and click a few mouse clicks there gradually depositing particles of semen mixed fluid on your devices. Through the constant friction of daily use this eventually molecularly merges the plastic with your human dna creating an off white-black color known to be appear "Yellow".

LOL. The worrying thing is, most of the keyboards around my college are yellow tinged. They must have fap-classes before I go in there.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    LSA King wrote: »

Are you some sort of mind reader :eek:
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Got me an air duster other then that it doesnt really bother me. I dont really notice any grossness.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2010
    When someone wants to use my computer. I like to lick the keyboard in front of them before I say yes.
    They don't seem to wanna use it after that.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited August 2010
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    Mine has melted keys from joint cherries and shit,.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm using my laptop for the first time in ages, and I'm currently enjoying how clean and cool this keyboard is :D