The Mosque being built near 911 attacks - Page 2 — Totseans

The Mosque being built near 911 attacks

2

Comments

  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    :hai:

    No no, I'm saying it'll take like 19 000 rednecks, 8000 racists, 13 000 who live vicariously through those causing misfortune to others, etc. It takes all types to do this fucked up shit.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Okay, but ground zero isn't a religiously significant site, it's the site of horrible crime. Whether or not people get pissed off, right and wrong don't change. It's stupid and baseless to be opposed to this because of the 9/11 attacks.
    I disagree with you here. You see, many people lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks. It was a massacre of good men and women, fathers, neighbors, sons, sisters, mothers. All segments of our population were very deeply affected by this event, and you cannot dictate to them how they should feel about it. Whether or not you deem ground zero a religious site means jack shit. Why don't you use your powers for good, and tell those lazy niggers to "get over it, slavery was 200 years ago". Yea, because you know damn well that people have every right to be sensitive towards ground zero.


    Nobody is telling anyone to choose between religions. Also, that is a sweeping, retarded generalization of more than a billion and a half people. What exactly is your argument here, that muslims in general are dangerous or that something like this doesn't belong near ground zero? Either way, you're blaming and fucking up relations with millions of Muslim-Americans because of the actions of a few extremists and that's fucking stupid.
    I'm saying that I really don't give a shit about muslims, other than the fact that they (19 hijackers) attacked my nation in a most spectacular fashion, in the name of ALLAH, with the support of an entire network of MUSLIMS, under the banner of ISLAM, from several openly strict MUSLIM nations.

    Tell me why I should give a shit about muslims. What do they do to enrich my life? So far, I can't think of one single event where a muslim benefitted my life. Oh yes, I live around muslims. these guys worshipped at a mosque and plotted terrorist attacks at an airport both less than a mile from my house. Other than that, I barely say hello to them.


    It demonstrates the inconsistencies in your argument. Nobody gives a shit about the mosque (Which is only a mosque) three blocks away from ground zero, but everyone cares about the muslim community center (Which is basically a fucking YMCA with pools and gyms that anyone can use) because the news told them to.

    I'm not arguing for anybody but myself, and I don't care what "nobody" gives a shit about, therefore upholding the consistency of my argument. I give a shit. :)

    Look, I'm all for muslims living their lives and being happy, just do it somewhere else. I've experienced nothing but trouble from muslims, and couldn't give a fuck less if 99% of them live good lives. They do nothing for me. If a Christian group is going to stand up to them, then I'll show my support.... because Christians actually benefit my area through food kitchens, clothing drops, child care, programs for the disabled, all the things mosques aren't doing. :thumbsup:
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    No no, I'm saying it'll take like 19 000 rednecks, 8000 racists, 13 000 who live vicariously through those causing misfortune to others, etc. It takes all types to do this fucked up shit.

    When rednecks git to shakin their guns in the air boy howdy, they git their way ;)
  • edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    I disagree with you here. You see, many people lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks. It was a massacre of good men and women, fathers, neighbors, sons, sisters, mothers. All segments of our population were very deeply affected by this event, and you cannot dictate to them how they should feel about it. Whether or not you deem ground zero a religious site means jack shit. Why don't you use your powers for good, and tell those lazy niggers to "get over it, slavery was 200 years ago". Yea, because you know damn well that people have every right to be sensitive towards ground zero.

    What people feel here is irrelevant. Only the builders can decide to take it elsewhere. Otherwise, nothing anyone can legally do will stop this because it falls under protected rights. Nobody has the right not to be offended, however.

    Also, if you knew that it wasn't a site of religious significance, you shouldn't have made that poor comparison.

    I'm saying that I really don't give a shit about muslims, other than the fact that they (19 hijackers) attacked my nation in a most spectacular fashion, in the name of ALLAH, with the support of an entire network of MUSLIMS, under the banner of ISLAM, from several openly strict MUSLIM nations.

    Again, because of a small group of extremists, you're implying that muslims in general are no good. This is a fallacy, stop it.
    Tell me why I should give a shit about muslims. What do they do to enrich my life? So far, I can't think of one single event where a muslim benefitted my life. Oh yes, I live around muslims. these guys worshipped at a mosque and plotted terrorist attacks at an airport both less than a mile from my house. Other than that, I barely say hello to them.

    Nobody is telling anyone to give a shit about them, but they do have the right to build what they're planning to build. The constitution gives them this right, and to oppose it is to say that we can pick and choose when certain groups are allowed their rights.

    I don't see how the link has any relevance other than to try to paint muslims in general as extremists.
    I'm not arguing for anybody but myself, and I don't care what "nobody" gives a shit about, therefore upholding the consistency of my argument. I give a shit. :)

    Look, I'm all for muslims living their lives and being happy, just do it somewhere else. I've experienced nothing but trouble from muslims, and couldn't give a fuck less if 99% of them live good lives. They do nothing for me. If a Christian group is going to stand up to them, then I'll show my support.... because Christians actually benefit my area through food kitchens, clothing drops, child care, programs for the disabled, all the things mosques aren't doing. :thumbsup:

    Well, thankfully in America, the rights that we have allow us not to be legally forced to leave our homes or pick new places to settle down because people don't like or see any benefit from your religion.

    What are you, ten or something? A bunch of pissed off people can't make constitutional rights just disappear, even if the majority is on their side.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    What people feel here is irrelevant. Only the builders can decide to take it elsewhere. Otherwise, nothing anyone can legally do will stop this because it falls under protected rights. Nobody has the right not to be offended, however.
    "Legal and illegal" are not synonymous with "right and wrong".
    Also, if you knew that it wasn't a site of religious significance, you shouldn't have made that poor comparison.
    I never said it wasn't a site of religious significance, I said you have no right telling people how to feel about it.
    Again, because of a small group of extremists, you're implying that muslims in general are no good. This is a fallacy, stop it.
    What fallacy? I stated that 99% of muslims may be good and i still don't give a shit. Where's the fallacy?


    Nobody is telling anyone to give a shit about them, but they do have the right to build what they're planning to build. The constitution gives them this right, and to oppose it is to say that we can pick and choose when certain groups are allowed their rights.
    Disagreement =/= violation of civil rights
    I don't see how the link has any relevance other than to try to paint muslims in general as extremists.
    I have no need to paint muslims with any generalizations. I'm just saying.... they're trying to shoot down planes that literally fly over my backyard... don't I have rights too? :(


    Well, thankfully in America, the rights that we have allow us not to be legally forced to leave our homes or pick new places to settle down because people don't like or see any benefit from your religion.

    What are you, ten or something? A bunch of pissed off people can't make constitutional rights just disappear, even if the majority is on their side.

    Maybe not, but protesting through the proper channels is far better than flying planes into buildings to get your point across ;)
  • edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    "Legal and illegal" are not synonymous with "right and wrong".

    The difference being that right and wrong are very open to interpretation. For example, you feel that they are in the wrong, but I feel that they are right to expect to be allowed to build whatever they want wherever they want.
    I never said it wasn't a site of religious significance, I said you have no right telling people how to feel about it.

    But you agree that it isn't a site of religious significance? Okay, so we're clear that your comparison involving the dome of the rock was fucking stupid.
    What fallacy? I stated that 99% of muslims may be good and i still don't give a shit. Where's the fallacy?

    You keep bringing up incidences of violence by Muslims. Either you have some sort of compulsion to do it or you're doing it to try to support your point.

    Disagreement =/= violation of civil rights

    You're right, there isn't any violation of civil rights here, and there won't be. The Muslims will be allowed to build their mosque/community center.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    So slappy what I wanna know is do we oppress any religion or ideology that has extremists? I guess Christians are bad thanks to Eric Rudolph. Shit gotta take away libertarians rights because Tim McVeigh. Commies cant have right's because of carlos the Jackal. You see my point? Every group has extremists. This is why theres a 1st amendment so these groups aren't punished because of the actions of a small number of murderers.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    The difference being that right and wrong are very open to interpretation. For example, you feel that they are in the wrong, but I feel that they are right to expect to be allowed to build whatever they want wherever they want.
    Exactly. You feel the way you do, and there are people who support your views. I feel the way i do, and there are people who support my views. Mix them together, and you get a bunch of pissed off people.


    But you agree that it isn't a site of religious significance? Okay, so we're clear that your comparison involving the dome of the rock was fucking stupid.
    Um, no, I don't. PEOPLE consider this to be a religious site and after all, who makes sites religious other than people? Seriously, who determines whether a site is religious or not, YOU? Is there an official religious figure who can determine whether or not this site is ACTUALLY religious? If not, then go fuck yourself.:hai:


    You keep bringing up incidences of violence by Muslims. Either you have some sort of compulsion to do it or you're doing it to try to support your point.
    I'm supporting my point, dipshit. :hai:



    You're right, there isn't any violation of civil rights here, and there won't be. The Muslims will be allowed to build their mosque/community center.
    Yea, and?
  • edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    Maybe not, but protesting through the proper channels is far better than flying planes into buildings to get your point across ;)

    like ppl give a shit to protesters these days ....
  • edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    Exactly. You feel the way you do, and there are people who support your views. I feel the way i do, and there are people who support my views. Mix them together, and you get a bunch of pissed off people.

    Okay, but unless all you pissed off people can find a valid reason to deny them something covered under our freedom of religion, it will be built.

    Um, no, I don't. PEOPLE consider this to be a religious site and after all, who makes sites religious other than people? Seriously, who determines whether a site is religious or not, YOU? Is there an official religious figure who can determine whether or not this site is ACTUALLY religious? If not, then go fuck yourself.:hai:

    Nothing of religious significance happened there. The dome of the rock, for example, is cited in the Muslim faith as the point from which Muhammad ascended into heaven with the angel Gabriel. Ground zero is insignificant according to the bible, torah, etc. It is not a site of religious significance, there's not much arguing to be done about that.

    I'm supporting my point, dipshit. :hai:

    As nice a point as it is, it's a fact that most Muslims aren't extremists.
  • edited August 2010
    Every group has extremists. This is why theres a 1st amendment so these groups aren't punished because of the actions of a small number of murderers.

    lol tard .... first, you cant understand "interpretation", now your confusing "punishment" and discrimination/discriminative treatment.

    BEING DISCRIMINATED =x= BEING PUNISHED.

    Your mom should've huff the Raid all the way till she passout. She phail so now we have you.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Okay, but unless all you pissed off people can find a valid reason to deny them something covered under our freedom of religion, it will be built.
    Or they decide not to build/move it due to public opposition. Like I said, legal and illegal aren't synonymous with right and wrong.



    Nothing of religious significance happened there. The dome of the rock, for example, is cited in the Muslim faith as the point from which Muhammad ascended into heaven with the angel Gabriel. Ground zero is insignificant according to the bible, torah, etc. It is not a site of religious significance, there's not much arguing to be done about that.
    So I'm supposed to believe some fairy tale about blah blah blah because it's written in a book, but if a completely different group makes up their own fairytale about ground zero, it's without merit? :confused::confused::confused:

    Why does one fairytale invoke more respect than another? And you referred to ME as a 10 year-old????



    As nice a point as it is, it's a fact that most Muslims aren't extremists.
    :facepalm: I don't give a shit. :facepalm:
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    lol tard .... first, you cant understand "interpretation", now your confusing "punishment" and discrimination/discriminative treatment.

    BEING DISCRIMINATED =x= BEING PUNISHED.

    Your mom should've huff the Raid all the way till she passout. She phail so now we have you.

    I understand fine.:rolleyes: Face it your logic fails.
  • edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    Or they decide not to build/move it due to public opposition. Like I said, legal and illegal aren't synonymous with right and wrong.

    Like I said, right and wrong can be interpreted in many different ways. The people wanting to build the mosque believe that they are right, and that those who are trying to make them move or cancel it's construction are wrong.

    So I'm supposed to believe some fairy tale about blah blah blah because it's written in a book, but if a completely different group makes up their own fairytale about ground zero, it's without merit? :confused::confused::confused:

    Why does one fairytale invoke more respect than another? And you referred to ME as a 10 year-old????

    What the fuck are you talking about?
    BEING DISCRIMINATED =x= BEING PUNISHED.

    If 9/11 had never happened, people wouldn't be trying to keep Muslims from exercising their religious freedom. At it's heart, this issue is about people discriminating against a certain group to get some sort of petty revenge for the actions of the 9/11 hijackers.

    People are discriminating to punish. Either way, without the 9/11 attacks to point to as an example of Muslim aggression and extremism, and why Muslims shouldn't be allowed to exercise their religious freedom, this would be a non-issue.
  • edited August 2010
    I understand fine.:rolleyes: Face it your logic fails.

    If my logics phailed you'd already provide COUNTER ARGUMENTS instead of DENIALS.

    You'd provided no counter argument w/esoever in this thread. All you gave was denial.

    That's just like a criminal defense lawyer ... instead of arguing why his client is innocent, just kept on saying "well, i heard my client and i know he's innocent, I don't know how to explain it, but he's innocent"

    Otard-logo-BC1103F002-seeklogo.com.gif

    p/s : i'm too lazy to gimp it to retard.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Like I said, right and wrong can be interpreted in many different ways. The people wanting to build the mosque believe that they are right, and that those who are trying to make them move or cancel it's construction.
    :confused:



    What the fuck are you talking about?
    Nothing of religious significance happened there.
    Nothing of religious significance happened there.
    Nothing of religious significance happened there.
    Nothing of religious significance happened there.

    ...and how exactly did you come to this conclusion?
  • edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »

    ...and how exactly did you come to this conclusion?

    Okay, just to humor you, even if ground zero was designated as a religiously significant place (Which it isn't), it would not justify forcing the mosque/community center to be moved because of our religious freedoms. In this country, they're allowed to build their mosque wherever they damn well please.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Okay, just to humor you, even if ground zero was designated as a religiously significant place (Which it isn't),
    See, this is what I'm trying to find out. Who exactly determines whether or not a "site" is religious or not? Is there some kind of oracle that you're consulting? A book that you're reading? Tea leaves? Is it astrology? Tarot cards?

    Do tell, we wish to learn your secrets. :hai:
  • edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    See, this is what I'm trying to find out. Who exactly determines whether or not a "site" is religious or not? Is there some kind of oracle that you're consulting? A book that you're reading? Tea leaves? Is it astrology? Tarot cards?

    Do tell, we wish to learn your secrets. :hai:

    It isn't listed anywhere as a religious site and no faith considers it a religiously significant site. Back to the topic, please.

    What legal grounds do the opponents of the building of this mosque have to insist that it be moved or stopped? None.

    The only things that factor in for the opposition are emotion and prejudice.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    It isn't listed anywhere as a religious site and no faith considers it a religiously significant site.

    Wait.... :confused: There's a LISTING of religious sites? Like the yellow pages? And... bear with me here, I'm a little slow... if YOU couldn't find it, then it's not officially a religious site? (whatever that means)????
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    If my logics phailed you'd already provide COUNTER ARGUMENTS instead of DENIALS.

    You'd provided no counter argument w/esoever in this thread. All you gave was denial.

    That's just like a criminal defense lawyer ... instead of arguing why his client is innocent, just kept on saying "well, i heard my client and i know he's innocent, I don't know how to explain it, but he's innocent"

    Otard-logo-BC1103F002-seeklogo.com.gif

    p/s : i'm too lazy to gimp it to retard.

    Ive been providing counter arguments throughout this whole thread. If you want more ok. In Koran and the Bible it says that Jesus was born of a Virgin. So your telling me that Mary was impregnated by 2 different Deity's? In Koran and the bible Noah is told to build an Ark before the flood comes. Did 2 different deity's tell the same man to the same thing for 2 different flood's? Have you ever read a bible or a koran? Many of the exact same story's are mentioned in both books. It is said in the koran to respect the "people of the book". Do you know why it says to respect them? Because it says all 3 religions Judaism Islam and Christianity all follow the same god. Why do both religions speak of the same prophet's if its a different Deity. You have yet to refute any of this.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Ive been providing counter arguments throughout this whole thread. If you want more ok. In Koran and the Bible it says that Jesus was born of a Virgin. So your telling me that Mary was impregnated by 2 different Deity's? In Koran and the bible Noah is told to build an Ark before the flood comes. Did 2 different deity's tell the same man to the same thing for 2 different flood's? Have you ever read a bible or a koran? Many of the exact same story's are mentioned in both books. It is said in the koran to respect the "people of the book". Do you know why it says to respect them? Because it says all 3 religions Judaism Islam and Christianity all follow the same god. Why do both religions speak of the same prophet's if its a different Deity. You have yet to refute any of this.

    Refute what? Did you present some kind of evidence that I missed?
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    When rednecks git to shakin their guns in the air boy howdy, they git their way ;)

    That doesn't even make sense. No they don't. The Civil War? Confederacy? Hello? you there Slappy?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    Refute what? Did you present some kind of evidence that I missed?

    I was reffering to the Methamitician who's saying christianity and Islam worship a different god.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    That doesn't even make sense. No they don't. The Civil War? Confederacy? Hello? you there Slappy?
    rednecks make a difference?

    They sure do big baby, they sure do. :hai:
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Nothing like what you're talking about is going to happen :confused:
  • edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    Wait.... :confused: There's a LISTING of religious sites? Like the yellow pages? And... bear with me here, I'm a little slow... if YOU couldn't find it, then it's not officially a religious site? (whatever that means)????

    Prove that it is or at least that a sizable amount of people in New York think that it is, or stop bringing it up you silly fuck. In any case, it's aside from the point. Even if it were religiously significant, that would not be grounds to force them not to build what they're planning on building.
    Me wrote:
    Back to the topic, please.

    What legal grounds do the opponents of the building of this mosque have to insist that it be moved or stopped? None.

    The only things that factor in for the opposition are emotion and prejudice.

    /thread
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Slappy its just not a religous site. It was the scene of a criminal terrorist attack. Our country being attacked by a bunch of extremist fucks is terrible but its not religously significant in any way. What it comes down to is the consitution protects all citizens and religions equally. you cant wipe your ass with the constitution because of the actions of the minority.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't see the problem. It wasn't those muslims within radius of the towers that attacked it. To assume this is pretty stupid and I'm sure an insult to those who do live close by. Way to get stereotyped :angry:

    Still, I understand why the Americans are pissy. I just wish we lived in a more accepting and forgiving world.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010
    Y'know, there was a mosque in the twin towers. Just a fun fact for you guys.

    Also I think you are getting the islamic religion and the arabic race confused.

    What about your American citizens who are islamic? Such as Dave Chappelle the comedian? Said Taghmaoui the actor? Sayed Badreya? Several NBA players are muslim.

    If you do not want it to be built are you going to sacrafice your property rights?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordoba_House
    This is the building in question. It was damaged in the 9/11 attacks and these investors are going to repair it.

    More distraction tactics by the media.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Vicky wrote: »
    Y'know, there was a mosque in the twin towers. Just a fun fact for you guys.

    Also I think you are getting the islamic religion and the arabic race confused.

    What about your American citizens who are islamic? Such as Dave Chappelle the comedian? Said Taghmaoui the actor? Sayed Badreya? Several NBA players are muslim.

    If you do not want it to be built are you going to sacrafice your property rights?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordoba_House
    This is the building in question. It was damaged in the 9/11 attacks and these investors are going to repair it.

    More distraction tactics by the media.

    Im pretty sure it was actually an inter faith prayer room type thing. Not specifically a Mosque.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Vicky wrote: »
    Y'know, there was a mosque in the twin towers. Just a fun fact for you guys.

    Yea it was right beside the playhouse for the building employees' kids.
  • edited August 2010
    FON wrote: »
    I don't see the problem. It wasn't those muslims within radius of the towers that attacked it. To assume this is pretty stupid and I'm sure an insult to those who do live close by. Way to get stereotyped :angry:

    Still, I understand why the Americans are pissy. I just wish we lived in a more accepting and forgiving world.

    Exactly. This is a bullshit controversy started by the bullshit factories that we know as the media.
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited August 2010
    I support the building of mosques, regardless of location. They keep Jews, women, and faggots in check. And NYC, a giant gay Jew, is in dire need of one right now.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Even if it were religiously significant, that would not be grounds to force them not to build what they're planning on building.

    They can legally do whatever the fuck they want, but the community has every right to oppose it. Blacks do it all the time to corporations and government offices, forcing actions and payments for slights against them that aren't criminal in any way. No laws broken, yet community outrage sends them scrambling.

    That's how it works in America, when enough people stand together, things change. The very reason muslims have the right to build their terrorist recruiting station is BECAUSE Americans have the right to gather peacefully and oppose something that they think is wrong. How do you think blacks got all these fucking programs and handouts? How do you think laws get changed? Because people sit down and shut up as long as something is legal?
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    The very reason muslims have the right to build their terrorist recruiting station is.....

    lol at ignorant american
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Redneck: 1
    FON: 0
  • edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    They can legally do whatever the fuck they want, but the community has every right to oppose it. Blacks do it all the time to corporations and government offices, forcing actions and payments for slights against them that aren't criminal in any way. No laws broken, yet community outrage sends them scrambling.

    That's how it works in America, when enough people stand together, things change. The very reason muslims have the right to build their terrorist recruiting station is BECAUSE Americans have the right to gather peacefully and oppose something that they think is wrong. How do you think blacks got all these fucking programs and handouts? How do you think laws get changed? Because people sit down and shut up as long as something is legal?

    This is why we can't have nice things in America.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    Redneck: 1
    FON: 0

    :o

    I can't seem to find the logic or point of that statement....Oh wait, there is none :thumbsdown:
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    Wait.... :confused: There's a LISTING of religious sites? Like the yellow pages? And... bear with me here, I'm a little slow... if YOU couldn't find it, then it's not officially a religious site? (whatever that means)????

    http://www.sacred-destinations.com/usa/usa-map

    You can use common sense to realise if a spot has religious significance.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010
    im pretty sure it was actually an inter faith prayer room type thing. Not specifically a mosque.

    that is what they are building!!!!
    park51 will grow into a world-class community center, planned to include the following facilities:

    * outstanding recreation spaces and fitness facilities (swimming pool, gym, basketball court)
    * a 500-seat auditorium
    * a restaurant and culinary school
    * cultural amenities including exhibitions
    * education programs
    * a library, reading room and art studios
    * childcare services
    * a mosque, intended to be run separately from park51 but open to and accessible to all members, visitors and our new york community
    * a september 11th memorial and quiet contemplation space, open to all
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Vicky wrote: »
    http://www.sacred-destinations.com/usa/usa-map

    You can use common sense to realise if a spot has religious significance.

    Fair enough, but Obama did refer to ground zero as "hallowed ground".

    Main Entry: hal·lowed
    Pronunciation: \ˈha-(ˌ)lōd, ˈha-ləd, in the Lord's Prayer often ˈha-lə-wəd\
    Function: adjective
    Date: before 12th century
    1 : holy, consecrated <the church stands on hallowed ground>
    2 : sacred, revered <the university's hallowed halls> <hallowed customs>

    My earlier point was that there is no authority on what is religiously significant and what isn't, which makes no difference here anyway. If enough people regard ground zero as religiously (or at the very least, spiritually) significant, then who are you to tell them otherwise? If the majority of Americans deem ground zero religiously significant, what exactly are you going to do about it? Tell them it's not on your detailed list of sites?

    Not to mention the fact that religious fanatics killed thousands of people at ground zero, yet somehow ground zero is religiously insignificant? Some muslims even understand why Americans think it's wrong for them to build it there.

    No matter, the majority has spoken and muslims are going to build their mosque knowing full well how 61% of Americans feel about it. Let the fun begin :thumbsup:
  • edited August 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    Fair enough, but Obama did refer to ground zero as "hallowed ground".

    Main Entry: hal·lowed
    Pronunciation: \ˈha-(ˌ)lōd, ˈha-ləd, in the Lord's Prayer often ˈha-lə-wəd\
    Function: adjective
    Date: before 12th century
    1 : holy, consecrated <the church stands on hallowed ground>
    2 : sacred, revered <the university's hallowed halls> <hallowed customs>

    My earlier point was that there is no authority on what is religiously significant and what isn't, which makes no difference here anyway. If enough people regard ground zero as religiously (or at the very least, spiritually) significant, then who are you to tell them otherwise? If the majority of Americans deem ground zero religiously significant, what exactly are you going to do about it? Tell them it's not on your detailed list of sites?

    Not to mention the fact that religious fanatics killed thousands of people at ground zero, yet somehow ground zero is religiously insignificant? Some muslims even understand why Americans think it's wrong for them to build it there.

    No matter, the majority has spoken and muslims are going to build their mosque knowing full well how 61% of Americans feel about it. Let the fun begin :thumbsup:

    Even if we accept that ground zero has religious significance, the mosque is not being built on ground zero, it is being built on private property elsewhere. It's a really simple issue. Either you have principles or you don't.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Vicky wrote: »
    that is what they are building!!!!

    I relize this. Ive been defending there right to build it throughout this whole thread lol.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Religious significance? I really don't think anywhere has 'religious significance' other than what people make in their own mind.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited August 2010
    Sir Rolf agrees with Mr. Feeding On Noodles, for he is correct, for Sir Rolf says he is correct, therefore he is correct, states Sir Rolf.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    FON wrote: »
    Religious significance? I really don't think anywhere has 'religious significance' other than what people make in their own mind.

    Which is exactly my point.
  • FiremindFiremind Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Daily wrote: »
    Fuck them extremists. Muslim people shouldn't suffer from that terrorist faggotry. I think it's a good idea.
    This.

    We're going into in a depression. And we do nothing, it's getting worse. "Let's tear that damn mosque down the economy will fix itself, I say!"
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Dfg wrote: »

    Leave it wherever you want, it's garbage.
Sign In or Register to comment.