Spur-of-the-moment online buying

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
So we have had the world at our fingertips for years now, and when you combine that with money, you get...RANDOM URGES TO BUY SHIT YOU WILL NEVER NEED!

Well, I may need this one day. I just purchased it...

Click

I will probably wear it round Uni and will be confident in starting fights with bouncers.
Yay for wasting £68.

What stupid shit have you bought online?

Comments

• MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    im surprised there is a seller in the UK for that item. i would have thought they were heavily restricted. im pretty sure if that were sent to australia, customs will pretty much grab it straight away.

anyway, i know what you mean about impulse spending online. i got my paypal up and running about 3 months ago, and i find myself getting a whole bunch of useless items. sure, many of those items were great value, but i dont see myself using it.

i just got a pair of second hand binoculars, 40x50 or something, for about $15
  • BukujutsuBukujutsu The Angry Inch
    edited August 2010
    I'm usually pretty careful about my purchases. I guess the worse purchase I ever made was a Xootr scooter(lame), which I later sold for $40 less than I bought it. I also have a set of bump keys I never use and aren't much faster than raking, I should sell them.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, after The Dark Knight came out I was obsessed with that scene where The Joker had that OTF knife and searched everywhere to find it. I could only find knock-offs and nothing serious and for $59.99 :facepalm:. It's really cool though I just wish they gave a damn about the blade and solid design a little more for its kickass look and feel.

joker-knife.jpg
    joker-knife-otf-style3big.jpg

FYI I later found out the knife was specifically made for the movie and never actually produced. For $60 the blade can't even cut paper and I fail at sharpening knives.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    It wasn't online but, I bought a baby rabbit for $20 one night at a party. The next day I was like wtf why did I buy this thing for and traded it to my friend for some cds :cool:

True story.
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited August 2010
    I haven't bought it yet because i keep forgetting but im getting an automatic icepick
    dpice_bk_th
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    I bought this clock from Cafepress. It is from a David Firth cartoon. When it came in the mail there was an extra with it, no charge. I gave the other to a friend. Everything else I've bought online was either a gift or something that I use often like a t-shirt.

DFClock.jpg?t=1282839752
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2010
    I got a load of different colour laserpens from DealExtreme, but lost the decent green/burning ones :(
    edited August 2010
    Vest came today. Perfect chest fit, just not round the stomach. Time to put on some weight (well as a kid who has Crohn's, I have to, really)...looks badass! Even got a nametag for it.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited August 2010
    Now all you need is a helmet
  • BukujutsuBukujutsu The Angry Inch
    edited August 2010
    That's a good price. I'd like to get an Israeli level 3 best with plates one day.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited August 2010
    Not really I have started to become really jewish with my money and just not really spending it..
    I almost bought one of these: http://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/large-practical-dagger-667-p.asp not cause I needed one just because I thought it might provide some amusement..
    Then talked my self out of it ;)
  • edited August 2010
    The last thing I bought online was a big ass executive office chair, which I kinda needed. The other chair was shit and hurt my back after long periods of time.
    edited August 2010
    RemadE wrote: »
    I got a load of different colour laserpens from DealExtreme, but lost the decent green/burning ones :(

man, i love dealextreme. they have some of the coolest and most useless things on the internet, and the quality aint bad for chinese made stuff

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2695
  • edited August 2010
    I'm having a look at cheap lasers right now. I can't be bothered to spend a load on an expensive one.
    edited August 2010
    Manage to sew on a little bit of velcro so that I could make the vest tighter. Easily concealable under a hoodie. LET'S GO STAB SHIT UP!

img00466201008271527.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    So what happens if they stab you in the face?
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    So what happens if they stab you in the face?

Well I guess I have a stabbed face, but I do have a kevlar helmet I have to wear when at work. It's mostly for "fancy dress" events, as I tend to be a bit like Americans at Halloween. i overdo it and take it quite seriously.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited August 2010
    3ft HDMI cable. I thought it would be long enough. Not NEARLY as long as i needed it.
  • edited August 2010
    TLV wrote: »
    3ft HDMI cable. I thought it would be long enough. Not NEARLY as long as i needed it.

I bought a 50 meter LAN cable too, it went through the roof and all over the house so I could plug it into my router :D
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    I bought a 50 meter LAN cable too, it went through the roof and all over the house so I could plug it into my router :D

Christ, I need something like that.
  • edited August 2010
    It's brilliant. I originally bought it when I was on XP and my wireless card kept dropping during online games. Windows 7 fixes that issue, but I still prefer a wired connection.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    I've bought more shit than I even care to think about. Today I'm going to buy Sennheiser HD 595 headphones and a headphone amp. $240 or so down the drain!
    edited August 2010
    i was watching terminator 2 not long ago, and this thread sort of gave me an idea for what to get on my next ebay purchase
    Ga1.jpg

metallic gallium. its $38 for 10g, so its kind of pricey, but its hard to beat for novelty purposes
    edited August 2010
    Well fuck. I ended up buying the Sennheiser HD 600, an amp, and an external sound card. $400 gone, but oh man I hope it's worth it.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    I just bought this last night. IDK why.
    edited August 2010
    ^^so whats the purpose of having 3 bulbs anyway? i thought it was better just to have a single, super bright bulb.

some of the cheaper ones at dealextreme are pretty good
    edited August 2010
    Nope! The brightest Led suitable for a flashlight ATM is the SSC-P7. At 900 lumens, it's bright as fuck!
    edited August 2010
    Doesn't get any easier than this. From the reviews it puts out 450-500 lumens.

Actually, it
    does
    get
    easier.
    edited August 2010
    fenix-tk45-711.jpg

I would, but $150 is a bit steep even for this bad boy

That said, I need a good, durable flashlight for exploring...

Would be pretty shitty to be in a cave or something and have your light die on you. Maybe carry a smaller one too just in case.