I need a Digital audio workstation

AKIRAAKIRA Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Something like FruityLoops, but not FruityLoops, something that is better. I going to to start to learn how to make remixes and shit like that, so ToTSE hook me up!

Comments

• StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    WTF are you doing here bot!? GTFO our Totse!
  • edited August 2010
    Ableton Live hands down.
  • ScoobyScooby Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    No, ableton's mainly for doing live PA. For what you want to do OP- get reason. It's the industry standard for making beats and its the leading program in music schools.
  • edited August 2010
    Scooby wrote: »
    No, ableton's mainly for doing live PA. For what you want to do OP- get reason. It's the industry standard for making beats and its the leading program in music schools.

LOL no its not. I challenge you to tell me ONE thing you can do in Reason that you can't do in live. I have both programs BTW.
  • Wires dead babyWires dead baby Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Still waiting for your reply Scooby! What happened? Got busted talking out of your ass by someone who actually knows what they are talking about? Good thing you ran off before you really mad an ass out of yourself.;)
  • edited August 2010
    Personally, I use Reason (fucking awesome software, seriously). Hard to get used to though, lots of knobs and twiddly things to play with (no homo).

Other than that, I've used FL Studio, Cubase and occasionally Virtual DJ for mixing shit.

Never heard of that Live thing though - I'll check it out.
  • ScoobyScooby Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Still waiting for your reply Scooby! What happened? Got busted talking out of your ass by someone who actually knows what they are talking about? Good thing you ran off before you really mad an ass out of yourself.;)

I'm sorry that I have better shit to do than log into a forum every single day... And what the fuck are you talking about? Ableton is for sequencing and Reason is more for creating things from scratch. If you're seriously saying that Ableton trumps Reason in the area of creating original works you're not utilizing Reason to its fullest. FUCK OFF!!
  • edited September 2010
    I'm sorry that I have better shit to do than log into a forum every single day... And what the fuck are you talking about? Ableton is for sequencing and Reason is more for creating things from scratch. If you're seriously saying that Ableton trumps Reason in the area of creating original works you're not utilizing Reason to its fullest. FUCK OFF!!

HAHA you mad dummy. Still waiting for you to name a specific technique in Reason that can't be accomplished in Ableton Live. Just admit you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Have you used Ableton 8? Fucking retard.:facepalm:
  • ScoobyScooby Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    HAHA you mad dummy. Still waiting for you to name a specific technique in Reason that can't be accomplished in Ableton Live. Just admit you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Have you used Ableton 8? Fucking retard.:facepalm:

Doing shit in Ableton is so much more complicated than Reason. With R you can work a millions times faster. There's a reason people program Reason into Ableton to use them cooperatively. But for actually creating Reason trumps Ableton on its interface alone.
  • edited September 2010
    Doing shit in Ableton is so much more complicated than Reason. With R you can work a millions times faster. There's a reason people program Reason into Ableton to use them cooperatively. But for actually creating Reason trumps Ableton on its interface alone.

Just because you are used to Reason doesn't make it any faster for anyone else. BTW "programming reason into Ableton" is called Rewire. Just so ya know. I admit Reason has great onboard synths and is a good program, just so long as you don't want to use any external vst or record live instruments. You have to drop another 400 for Reason Record just to do that.